PDA

View Full Version : Bumble & Bumble Leave-in ... or Redken All Soft?

littlefish
02-13-2003, 08:55 PM
Ok, you product junkies. My conditioner addiction is rearing its financially irresponsible head yet again. Despite the fact that I already have plenty of conditioners, I'm wanting to buy another. (Sad but true ...) So I've decided to allow myself one last conditioner fling before cutting myself off.

But which to choose?

Help a girl decide, will ya? Do I go for the B&B ... or the Redken All Soft?

Let me know your thoughts, and do, please, feel free to give your reviews of each. And if you've used both, tell me which you think is best.

Thanks, ladies!

littlefish

narcissaqtpie
02-13-2003, 09:50 PM
You KNOW I'm all about the Redken :crazyeyes: , BUT I think it depends on what you need. A leave-in or a deep conditioner? I've tried the Redken Heavy Cream as a leave-in and I wasn't all that thrilled, it was a little TOO heavy! it left a nice little sprinkling of flakes in my fro when it (finally) dried :(

I have to say it is really excellent as a deep conditioner tho, it leaves my hair extremely soft and easy to comb.

I dont know much about the B&B as a deep condtioner, but I'm waiting on my chance to try it as a leave-in cuz I'm already permanantly sold on my deep treatments.

narcissaqtpie
02-13-2003, 09:51 PM
one more thing... (Maybe you could buy the mini version of each)

littlefish
02-13-2003, 10:32 PM
In all honesty, I don't need either one of 'em! :lol: I'm just a pitiful junky ... what can I say!

I'm thinking I should go with the B&B because I've heard it is an excellent leave-in and that you don't really need a styling product to go with it.

Then again, I've heard you, narcissa (you naughty girl!), RAVE about the Redken as a deep conditioner. I guess I need more a deep conditioner than a styling product, though. And I could always use my Elucence as a leave-in ...

I think I may have answered my own question! :D But if anyone else wants to chime in, I'm all ears.

littlefish

narcissaqtpie
02-13-2003, 10:56 PM
... narcissa (you naughty girl!)

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

[i]>>>subliminal message :twisted: buy the REDKEN

NappGirlCurl
02-13-2003, 11:04 PM
:rofl:

littlefish
02-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Hmmm ... I can't explain it, but I suddenly have an urge to buy Redken All Soft. Strange ....

lf

twistednubian
02-14-2003, 01:12 AM
I hear what ya saying cause I'm a junkie too. But think about this......if what you have works for you, why not use the money that you are about to spend on a conditioner that you don't need on a pair of sandals for the summer. If shoes aren't your thing, then something else. I only suggest because that's how I'm battling my problem. Wow...I just admitted I have a problems :)

EarthTones
02-14-2003, 04:58 AM
You guys are too funny! LOL

I have never used the Redken All-Soft, but I too have seen narcissa's frequent raves...how is a girl supposed to TRY to recover from product addiction messin around these boards? :lol:

I have been using the b&b leave-in for over a week now and I am in love! It leaves my hair very soft, the softest yet! And it does act like somewhat of a styling product. I get good curl definition with it as well. I got some samples of the b&b styling creme because it provides hold for the curls...it is a great product. It provides hold and sheen but does not leave my hair crunchy AT ALL. As a matter of fact, I just spent the last 1 1/2 hours "playing" in my curls while watching CSI. They are still defined but not hard, flaky or crunchy. The downfall of the styling creme is that it is so expensive (almost $20 for an 8oz tube). I don't think I will be buying the styling creme, but I will definitely stick with the leave-in.

I am rambling...but I wanted to put my $0.02 in a about the b&b leave-in.

I hope I haven't exacerbated your PJ addiction!

P.S. Littlefish your album looks great gurl!

lydicarol
02-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey Littlefish,

:eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface:

don't listen to Narcissaqtpie, go with Bumble and Bumble, look into my eyes, it is your friend, your friendddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!

I'm pretty sure you've read enough of my posts to know how crazy I am about Bumble and Bumble. Earthtones has summed it up basically about what it can do but like N has said, it all depends on what you're looking for. I have Elucence at home and Nappynic blessed me with a small sample of the Redken and comparing the ingredients of the two, the Redken doesn't even compare (but that's just the ingredients using the product is a whole other matter). I haven't tried the Redken as of yet (if you're not in a rush I will sample it next weekend and give you my review) but in all honesty it won't really be a true comparison. If you can find a sample of the All Soft buy it and then purchase a sample of the B&B. Once you've tried both you can honestly decide which of the two you would rather shell out $$$ for. :)

littlefish
02-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Y'all know I'm gonna end up buying both, don't you?

And twistednubian, don't encourage me to buy more shoes! I'm as bad with clothes, shoes, music, books, etc., as I am with hair products! In fact, I saw a shoe box in my closet and couldn't remember what was in it yesterday. What was there? A new pair of summer sandals! (They're sharp, too! Come on, summer!)

littlefish
shopaholic, product junky

narcissaqtpie
02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Hey Littlefish,

:eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface: :eggface:

don't listen to Narcissaqtpie, go with Bumble and Bumble, look into my eyes, it is your friend, your friendddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!

LMAO!!

Hey lf, like Lydi says, just try the sample versions of each, that way you can get your PJ fix on and still buy shoes.

GalaxyGirl2010
02-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Sample sizes???? :shock:

i havent seen those for those 2 products...where where where?

Nubiyan
02-14-2003, 07:03 PM
Well, Littlefish, I'm one of Lydi's Bumble and Bumbleheads. I love the leave in!!! I did my hair last night and marvelled again on how much I love that leave-in on my hair :)

Sample sizes???? :shock:

i havent seen those for those 2 products...where where where?

GG,
Check with salons. I got some samples of BB thickening shampoo and conditioner when I got my little bottle of leave-in. She was more than happy to give me some when I asked. (But, I did kinda laugh. My hair is thick enough as it is already, lol!)

I say, just pop into a salon, say you were interested in sampling a product and see if they have any on hand. They'll give them to you. They are trying to get business ;)

littlefish
02-16-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, I decided on the Redken All Soft Heavy Cream. Actually, I didn't so much "decide" on it as I was left with no choice! I can't find the B&B anywhere (where are you ladies purchasing this stuff?). In fact, I couldn't find the Heavy Cream anywhere either -- every place I went to was O-U-T (I blame Narcissa for her ardent recommendations to everyone!).

I've ordered the Redken online and will have to wait a little longer for it to come in, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot once it's here. And really, I do need a deep conditioner more than a leave-in, so it's all good. Thanks again, all, for your input.

Hugs,
lf

narcissaqtpie
02-16-2003, 05:59 PM
YAY!!! :smilecolros:

"I won, I won, I shot the BB Gun! Lydi lost Lydi lost she ate the apple sauce!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(Hey lf, The reason I haven't bought the B&B is because I CANT FIND IT EITHER :( !! I'm hoping to snag some from someone's rejects.)

lydicarol
02-17-2003, 01:02 AM

"I won, I won, I shot the BB Gun! Lydi lost Lydi lost she ate the apple sauce!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(Hey lf, The reason I haven't bought the B&B is because I CANT FIND IT EITHER :( !! I'm hoping to snag some from someone's rejects.)

:evil: :evil: :evil: curses, foiled again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will get my revenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evilbat:

have you guys checked out the site ( http://www.bumbleandbumble.com) and the section that lists the salons in your area that carry the product?

sjdancer
02-17-2003, 01:31 AM

:snipersmile:

:lol: :lol:

littlefish
02-17-2003, 03:52 AM
Thanks, Lydicarol, for feeding my addiction! You ladies are like pushers! :lol:

If I don't watch it, I'm end up rockin' back and forth in a corner muttering to myself, "... need conditioner ... need conditioner ..."

Hugs,
lf

narcissaqtpie
02-17-2003, 05:30 AM

have you guys checked out the site ( http://www.bumbleandbumble.com) and the section that lists the salons in your area that carry the product?

I tried! I tried! :cry: I really am dying to try it. One salon is right around the corner from where I work...of course they didn't have it-they didnt have ANY B&B abything, plus they were looking at my hair kinda funny-those punks :bad-words:. But there is one more spot i'm gonna try, if not maybe I'll try to snag some on my summer trip to NY or maybe SOMEBODY (anybody-please!!) could be oh so gracious and send me a small sample, I would soooo appreciate it and be forever grateful :lilangel:. I would order it online, but I like to physically inspect stuff before I shell out major cash.

nappynic
02-19-2003, 02:40 AM
Y'ALL ARE CRAZY!!!!!

lf, I am glad I didn't find this thread until now cuz it woulda been 2 against 1 (me and narcissa against lydicarol!)...in the end, the All Soft prevailed, so it's all to the "g" baby (good job narcissa - high five!).

As for the b&b, I WANT SOME TOOOOOOO!!!! I have NO BIZ buying ANYTHING else, but lydicarol told me that the sample size is only a mere $5, so I can just pinch that off of my lunch money for the week and it will be COMPLETELY justified!

That is the sign of a TRUE pj...I PRE-PLAN (and sometimes get an advance) on my LUNCH MONEY just to buy hair products...then I'm salty cuz I have to take my lunch for the whole week (sometimes 2 depending on the price of the products)! We (the hubby and I) are in HARD CORE SAVINGS MODE right now, so I can't be breaking the bank on a lydi sized TROTH of b&b leave in...the sample size should hold me over for a li'l bit...IF I CAN FIND THE BUGGER!

nn

beautyJah1
05-10-2010, 09:33 AM
the all soft heavy cream i lub lub lub as a deep condish. Its okay as a slight leave-in on damp hair. But on dry hair uh uh. Never tried the b and b. I wasn't even tempted b/c of the price and their products don't look nappy friendly. But im a redken lover so Im kinda partial. I agree, try a sample of both and see what they do for ya. girlie