PDA

View Full Version : Floetry has a new Cd

Epiphany_Castro
11-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Yep thats right. It will be released Nove 18th!!! Apparently it is a bunch of live tunes and there is a new live video for "it's getting late"on MTV2!!

MsTam
11-16-2003, 03:41 AM
I am so lovin that 'getting late' song. I caught the video the other day and was in awe.

rkj223
11-16-2003, 06:02 AM
Floetry is cool with me. I've heard this live cd and I'm not too excited about getting it. If it's fairly cheap at Best Buy then...maybe. It's basically "Floetic" live. Not really worth parting with $15.

This "debut CD then let's do a live one" trend seems to be popular. For some reason, Erykah and Jill's live followups were better than this one. Marsha can SING...but Natalie it seems doesn't have a real spot on some songs.

And Floetry really needs to let this "floetic/floacism" thing go.

Really.

blumoonbabe
11-17-2003, 05:27 AM
I'm definitely checking for this disc. I saw them live once, and Marsh blew me away... they had me sold! I'm hoping the new video is on the enclosed DVD.

Knottygal
11-18-2003, 02:59 AM
They haven't toured in my area so I haven't had the fortune of seeing them live. I'm definitely on the lookout for the Floetic Live cd/dvd :-P

sonshinescoils
11-20-2003, 12:47 AM
bumping this for Nappalonia...

wannabenappy
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
I just got this CD yesterday and it is off the chain! :d) :app

sonshinescoils
11-21-2003, 10:14 PM
I haven't heard the last one. i wonder if this live cd would be a good one to get into Floetry fa real...

rkj223
11-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Listening to it now. Their songs don't seem to translate well live. Natalie doesn't sing (does she?). She just does that 'I'm really trying to be seductive/sexy' spoken word whisper thing. Marsha sings but she can't do it all. On the studio songs she's looped and does the background, lead, hook. But...like I said...she can't do it all live.

I hope they stay around a while. Please don't become some neosoul Changing Faces and disappear. (Bring back En Vogue, too, if you can!)

ashrob123
12-01-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure about the cd, because I haven't purchased it yet. But I saw them live this spring, and believe me when I say, the live performance does translate fabulously from the studio. Natalie is the rapper and Marsha is the singer. Live, you really are caught up with the music (live) Marsha's voice. I want to say they had some background singers, but I can't remember. Anywho, I hope that there live is better than Jill Scotts. I didn't like it that much because it was a complete duplicate of her live performance. I hate that. Can't folks change it up a little bit?

ReRoyalty
12-02-2003, 03:15 AM
RKJ... we might have to agree to disagree because I got this CD on Friday and all I want to do is listen to it. The dvd is the exact same thing but with a visual but I'm loving that too. Getting late is way too off the hook.

:offtopic
Does anyone know where I can get a cd with their first song (that is not recorded so far as I know) on it? The song I think is called Fantasize, they sing it at the end of the DVD and it is a great song.

rkj223
12-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Anywho, I hope that there live is better than Jill Scotts.

I can't fathom how a Floetry live cd would even see Jill Scott on ANY day. I like Floetry...but I was just listening to Jill's live yesterday and...they just don't come close.

Upon more listening...I think that Floetry would have been better to release an EP with the new songs and 2-3 live ones. "Getting Late" "Say Yes" and something else. I just don't see the need for a live cd if I'm just getting the studio version w/o the Pro Tools polish.

To each his own though.

Does anyone know where I can get a cd with their first song (that is not recorded so far as I know) on it?

I don't think you can. Since it's not recorded....

ReddyLoques
12-02-2003, 04:33 PM
:offtopic To be truthful.. I really didn't like that Jill scott live cd.. The first cd was blahhhhhh as heck, she was yelling too much.. When I like a record/song, i'm the type of person who wants the artist to sing it that way live, not improvise, change the beat, add new words or yell alot. I did like the 2nd cd because it was new songs and it captured me pretty easy. Those maxwell live, Sade live, and Jay Z live cd's are about the only live cd's i'm feeling. :blah

Ok... back to Floetry... I luv floetry's cd and I've seen them live twice, amazing show, but i'm not motivated to buy their live cd.. Are there new songs on it?? One thing I noticed at the shows I went to, is the audience got a lil bored n restless with their acapella songs and stuff that went with their act.. Folk started talkin to each other, being rude, and lookin like aight enuff is enuff, stop hitting high notes and sing something popular from the cd.. :cen