PDA

View Full Version : Who Loves Their Texture

Pages : [1] 2

deecoily
08-24-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm tired of the nappy criticizing going on around here lately. Ditch the negativity.

It's time to reaffirm your personal nappturality journey. Yep, it's a cheer squad AND a bandwagon so that's out of the way for anyone who plans to criticize this thread because it's a cheer squad and a bandwagon.

Co-sign here if you love your nappy hair and you wouldn't trade it for the world and tell us why!

I LOVE my hair. I love it because it's what I was born with and no one can tell me it is unkempt or unprofessional. It does what it does, I style it to enhance it's unique properties, not to minimize them, and anyone who doesn't like my big, freeform, nappy hair can go to --- and kiss my beautiful black --- on the way down.

:smil3f728e20478ac:

~Dee~

Bai
08-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I love my nappy hair because it fights back and is stronger than it has ever been now that it's in its natural state.

I love my nappy hair because it allows me to be me.

MissThing606
08-24-2005, 09:32 AM
I'll love my texture when I figure out what they hell it is. IT seems to switch on a daily basis :lol:

Hang on!

May be that's what I love about it: the versatlity! I can band it so that it's skr8, I can shrink so that's its coily and as long as I treat it right, it's manageable.

:wub:

CrazeeDCoil
08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I love my texture. It's springy and super coily and I have they cutest micro spirals. It can look like a super BAA or a cute little minifro. Some days I can even make it look like a TWA. There is so much versatility with my length thanks to shrinkage. I love that I can just condition my hair really well, shake and look bootiful!

bldelaney
08-24-2005, 11:20 AM
:icon_heartpump: I love my nappy, kinky, coily TWA, and wear it with PRIDE!!!!!!!

Denny
08-24-2005, 11:24 AM
I love me so whatever grows out of my scalp shares the love! :P

Jazitones
08-24-2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif YAY a positive thread http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a084.gif

Well it is no secret that I have HIF disease :lol:. I am constantly touching my hair, because the texture is much stronger than it is now versus when I had that perm in my hair. My hair may not be shiney to others, but it doesn't lack the moisture. The texture is thick and I can sport a huge fro one day and a twa another day. :D

NaTural_High
08-24-2005, 11:42 AM
I love my texture because it's mine, my creator gave it to me, it's one of the things that set me apart from the majority (including my own race), People hate on it so much that it makes me love it even more. Back in 99' I thought that it was bad, but now I truly understand why I have so many hataz........Because they are punks and are to chicken to do what I did so they have nothing better to do but envy me and hate. I love my texture because it can do anyting I want it to do. If I ever wanted it straight I can do it. If I wanted braids, I don't have to worry about them coming loose or getting frizzy fast. My texture is soft yet strong, flexible but firm, ugly and imperfect to most yet marks the standard of beauty and perfection to myself. I love my texture because it has a mind of its own that speaks to me. It refuses to be tortured only to be some texture that it's not and I respect that. My texture is one of my places of serenity, especially when I've had a bad day. I can come home put my hands in it and finally be at peace (for a while). I love my texture because it is what it is....And what it is, is ME! I love myself therefore I love my texture..

I LOVE MY TEXTURE!

curlyc326
08-24-2005, 11:46 AM
i love my hair. i never realized how beautiful it was until i went natural. i can be free :wub:

thighslikewhat
08-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Lemme count the ways

Naw... I'll be here all day.

Simply put, I love it because it's ALL mine and it's the way God intended for it to be

Hennessy
08-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I love my texture(s) because they are going to do what they want to do anyway :dunno: Regardless of how I try to twist the front of my head and 'catch' it or lay it down with water, avg, and a scarf....it's going to unravel and curl up on itself. Instead of working against it I've learned to relax and just except the fact that I have different textures on my head. :)

Life is much easier this way, no worries ^_^

simplyaffectionate1
08-24-2005, 12:11 PM
i love my nappy natural hair, it is so managable, soft and just happy to be nappy!!! :D

charise
08-24-2005, 12:12 PM
I love my hair because it's mine, and God gave it to me.
I love it for its versitility and strength.
I love my hair because it has inspired others to give up the lye.
I love my hair because it forgave me for the years that I tourtured it, and doesn't hold it against me....

My hair is a perfect blend of my parent's hair, and it reminds me of the good times I had with them as a little girl...

I've got my mom's wavy-curly hair in the back, and my daddy's curly naps in the front. Two distinctly different textures that only I have, and it makes me even more unique than I already am....

I LOVE MY HAIR! :wub:

LadyLibra
08-24-2005, 12:24 PM
i love my hair because it's thick and healthy. some days i get coils and some days i just get fuzzies - but unlike my permie days, fuzzy hair does not equal a bad hair day. it equals a big fro or big puff day! :afro:

i also love that it's so soft. i know there's a cure for HIF disease but i don't wanna know about it! :wub:

yolanda100
08-24-2005, 12:32 PM
I love my hair because I'm finally free. You can't keep it more real than this. I'm not hiding it, not frying it, not laying it to the side. I'm not greasing it, slicking it, or shingling it.

CoCo2000
08-24-2005, 12:49 PM
I love my hair because God created it just for me and everything He created is GOOD! I love that my feelings of :wub: :wub: for my nappy hair are real and I am being totally honest when I express them!

I love my nappy hair because it gives me even more courage than I had before I began wearing it naturally.....enough courage to tell the male hair stylist whose station was next to the stylist who did my comb coils yesterday that my hair is the "nappiest of the nappy" (which it is) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it...and mean that from the heart! (After his constant comments about how long the perm would have to remain on a client's hair to get it "straight", even though she was "burning". He made these comments as he was flat-ironing a client's hair and trying to talk her into getting a perm. When my stylist was done, he and his client commented on how "cute" the style was and he tried to be funny by saying to his client, "See, she has a perm," to which I immediately responded as stated above. It shut him up, which was the goal!)

I love my hair just the way it is....in all its nappy glory and I love that I don't care who doesn't like it or who thinks I should load it up with products to try to make it look a little "different". I love it just as it grows out of my scalp and I often find myself saying that out loud whenever I pass a mirror and get a good look at my hair.

I :wub: :wub: :wub: my nappy hair!!!

Lottacoils
08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I love my texture because it is resilient and beautiful. I love the small and tiny coils (although most of the top has had a frizzy s-curl thing going on since my last pregnancy, but it's all good). My hair is soft and thick and healthy and has grown back through bad perms, permanent color and two heavy after-pregnancy sheddings. I can style it so many ways. I'm much happier with my hair natural than permed. It's so me!

Mahoganyqt
08-24-2005, 12:55 PM
I love my hair because it is how God made it, perfect! It's thick, versatile and nappy!!

TriAnne
08-24-2005, 01:11 PM
I love my hair's textures for many of the reasons that other women have also given. But, most importantly, because it feels exactly like what should be on my head. When I look in the mirror, it fits, like the perfect outfit. It accentuates my face and makes me feel comfortable and completely real. It is exactly what God intended me to have and I am thankful that I have finally learned to appreciate yet another gift He has given.

BreezySeas
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I love my nappy hair because it is what I came in this world with. It is strong black and beautiful like myself. Now that I am natural I have no insecurites. I am more confident and I just feel radiant. (never knew hair could do that). I feel empowering!. Some people (the relaxed heads will say I do not have quote unquote good hair. My coily, kinky nappy hair is so good to me. It does not give me a hard time one bit. It is very managable and soft. One night I went in the store without product in my hair or combing I was like forget it and all my coils were popping out everywhere. Last night this lady in Dillard's said you are wearing that cut and she said I looked rich. That felt good. I had a man say hey Sistah! (never heard that said before). My hair is unique not like anyone elses and I stand out a lot more than I did before. It funny how the media shows long straight hair all on t.v and I walk out side with my nappy short hair and grab attention. No make up no chemical fire cream just me and my nappy hair. Now that is natural beauty. It feels good that I no longer have to put myself through agonzing pain to get a certain look. I let my hair do what is wants. With all that said. I love my texture it is perfect how could I not love it. My hair puts me in the mind of a spring I pull it and it springs backs. If you can not tell this nappy head sistah is in love with her hair. I would not trade this nappy, coily,kinky,curly hair in for straight hair , it is to versatile. Did I mention the natural sheen the dark black and the thickness. I love my hair!

mama-mia
08-24-2005, 01:14 PM
I love my texture because it's amazingly versatile.
It's thick. (My husband looks at it in marvel and says, "You have alot of hair!"
It's plush.
It's 100% natural.
It's fast becoming my hobby!

hrshyqutie
08-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I love my natural hair because it is so versatile. I like be be creative and do different styles and being natural has allowed me to do that.

I love my texture because it can hold curls or twists for days. I love the fact that I can go out in the rain without fear. This is great!

sunschild57
08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
I love my hair textures. I got a mini united nations going on. Sometimes I think I hear the little BB's, the Sistah S Curls and the Straight Soldiers that is my hair singing We Are The World :P .

deecoily
08-24-2005, 01:29 PM
:D
This thread is sure warming up... Everyone who clicks in here should type something.

~Dee~

SaPhia
08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I :wub: my hair because it makes me different from the rest.
I :wub: my hair because of it's versatility.
I :wub: my hair because it's ALL MINE.

And I dare someone to tell me different <_<

Sekhmet
08-24-2005, 01:37 PM
I love my hair because it&#39;s a roadmap of my ancestry. It&#39;s a visual representation of who I am. It&#39;s me, it&#39;s unique. I&#39;ve yet to find another head that looks like it. :)

yome
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
I love my hair because it stays!!
I had tiny flat twists in the front and a big fro in the back and my friend (who happens to have a perm) said she really liked it and wanted me to do hers. (Um excuse me?) I guess she meant the twists. So I told her, "there is nothing holding these" - which meant I didn&#39;t use rubberbands to secure them, just a tiny dab of gel. Her face was blank for a second...
and the twists stayed the whole week!!!
I love my hair.
This is me, this is who I am.

shuger
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
I&#39;m in love with my nappy hair too.

If she were a person I&#39;d ask her to marry me!

I love the many different hair textures that I have. I think it&#39;s neat. :D

NappyMica
08-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Well I don&#39;t know what type of texture my hair is and I don&#39;t really care &#39;cause all I know is that it&#39;s NAAAPPY and I love it. I can do what I want with it when I want and depending on what it looks and feels like in the morning, it can do what it wants when it wants. I appreciate my hair for what it is- MY HAIR - and I&#39;m not embarassed for what God gave me.

nvsnot
08-24-2005, 01:44 PM
I love my nappy 4 something hair (still not sure what type it is - all I know is that it is nappy). I love how my coils look like teeny, tiny o&#39;s and how they band together to make the perfect twist and twistouts. I love my hair for teaching me patience and allowing me to grow. I love my hair for envoking stares and people wanting to touch it. I love my hair for what it is...an extension of me.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-24-2005, 01:50 PM
I love my texture because it&#39;s mysterious and versatile. I can either pat it down super super super tight to look like a twa or I can do a shake and go free style fro that&#39;s fuller.

I love the fact that my hair loves itself and always wants to wrap and twist around itself. If i ever decided to lock my hair is soo there with me :D

I love my hair because for the moment, we are nappy crusaders in a straight/wet n wavy weaved world

I love my hair because no matter how much I try and style it, there&#39;s always one section that&#39;s like "one of these kids are doing their own things..one of these kids is not the same" :lol:

I love my hair cus it lets me fondle it alll dayyy long if i want to and dont have to buy it dinner or explain to it who i&#39;m on the phone too or why i came home late from work :lol:

napturallyme
08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
I love my nappy hair because it&#39;s what God gave me and it&#39;s unique to our race.

I&#39;m amazed at how it spirals and coils up. It&#39;s very resistant to losing it&#39;s form. I&#39;m also amazed at the shrinkage, it makes me look like I have a different length of hair on any given day. In the summer, shrinkage really works to my advantage. I love that I can do LOTS of styles with it that I couldn&#39;t do with the limp stuff. The styles are endless for me. I love how I never have to feel like I need to get my hair done or worry about how I&#39;m going to wear it for a special event or occasion. No matter if I&#39;m wearing it out or in a protective style I can work it for any event. I also like how I rarely have a bad hair day because I&#39;m not busy worrying about trying to hold a curl in my hair or if it rains or is humid outside. I also like how most days I spend 5 minutes or less on it. I love being NAPPY!

ETA: I keep adding on because I can go on and on ... :wub:

chaunym
08-24-2005, 01:53 PM
i love every sqiggly curly wavy kinky strand on my head. i love the strentgh i see in a single strand vs. "the old days" .i love my hair because it says to every person i pass, it says" i love me and my ethnicity, i&#39;m not adherring to yours standard of beauty so :P DEAL WITH IT!! i love the many ways my hair looks without much effort. i love my hair because God gave it to me and no matter how hard you try it cannot be immitated or duplicated.

i love nappturality and dee too :blush:

lmabadgurl
08-24-2005, 01:56 PM
I love my texture b/c it is thick, thick, thick. :D
I love my texture b/c it is lush.
I love my texture b/c when it shrinks it still looks amazing.
I love my texture b/c that is the way it grows out of my head.
I love my texture b/c it can transform, even when it gets rained on or wet.

I love my hair b/c it’s my crown. ;)
I love my hair b/c it’s regal.
I love my hair b/c I can style it in many versatile styles.
I love my hair b/c it is the healthiest it’s ever been.
I love my hair b/c when it time for me to condition, or wash, and style I have to open up the BEAUTY SHOP. :D

Most importantly, I love it b/c I took the time to get know and appreciate my hair. :P

cyndependant
08-24-2005, 02:39 PM
i LOVE my nappy hair becuse it stays where i put it! Its stronger than any comb or brush out there ;)

MizBrowniMD
08-24-2005, 02:43 PM
I love my hair because it is healthy (I do need to take time out to pamper it more).
I love it cuz it is nappy.
I love it because whenever I go to scratch my scalp, the coils wrap around my fingers as though they don&#39;t want me to remove my hand (and then...HIF or HIT disease begins).
I love it because it is a relfection of me--versitile. In style and in texture.

treblk
08-24-2005, 02:43 PM
I SO LOVE my hair and my texture, it&#39;s a blessing.
I love that I can do anything or nothing and it still looks good.
I had braids for a month this summer and just took them down last week. I put some flat twists in the front and a huge puff up top and had erry&#39;one :D was like :shocker: your hair is so nice.

I love that everytime I see another nappy hair I just :blush: and get all warm in side. I heart my hair!!!

pookeylou
08-24-2005, 02:50 PM
WHOOOOHOOOO!!! My kinda thread.

Ya&#39;ll know I love me some nappy hair. I have sang about it, written poems to it, taken pictures of it (in all its stages).

I love the versatility of it. The properties of it are so UNIQUE! I love that my nappy hair makes me DIFFERENT from others.

I have "distinctly-pookeylou-type-hair"!!! I may have a twin or a look alike regarding my texture...but noone, I mean NOONE, has my hair but me!

I cannot keep my hands out of it and it surprises me everyday at what it is capable of.

When I wore a re.laxer, I worked hard to get my hair to look like other peoples hair. Now I love that I work hard to keep it healthy and relish at the stares I get for it being DIFFERENT!

My hair, OUR hair, is so completely different from anyone elses on the planet. That makes me feel special and reaffirms my belief that the Creator made differnces for a reason.

L-RO_UNT
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
i love my nappy hair so much, its so awesome. it is just a part of who i am , and the way my hair should be. I love that that i can do my hair ALL by myself , i love the way it shrinks, but then the next day it can be so huge. I love my texture , i am glad i see me now. its is so awesome when i see another napptural person walking down the street, or any where i go. i make sure i go tell them i love their hair because i do :D . being nappy is just wonderful .
yaay for nappies :afro:

Mercury_Quirks
08-24-2005, 02:52 PM
I love my hair because it&#39;s so strange and fun! :wub: I have no idea what the hell it&#39;s classified as, but I do know that there&#39;s some coils and there&#39;s some fluffy patches, and I love how mixed up it is because I&#39;m always learning something new about it. It&#39;s kind of like a pet that lives on my head. I love how soft it can be, and I love playing with it even though I know I shouldn&#39;t.

Gacela20
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
It&#39;s versatile, thick and fluffy. It adds a kind of regality.

mistytea
08-24-2005, 02:55 PM
I love my hair, it&#39;s different texture&#39;s, strength and of course "Me"...So loving me is all part of loving my hair, body, mind and soul.

afrobeauty77
08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
I love my hair because it is supa dupa thick and healthy. I look at my hair and see my grandmother&#39;s hair, thanks grandma.:wub: Besides I love looking at the little coils in the shower after I wash my hair.

Shanna
08-24-2005, 03:03 PM
I love my texture! It&#39;s mine, first and foremost, all mine and unique! I love the way it feels underneath my fingers-- 3 years and I still have HIF disease. :P I love the way it frizzes, I love the thickness and the stregth of each little strand. It&#39;s truly a crown, and it&#39;s representative of my Blackness and my womanliness. :D :afro:

Shalilac
08-24-2005, 03:35 PM
Serious moment here...

I luv that everytime I relaxed my hair, that I instantly missed my natural texture. Then I&#39;d complain for months about how I wished I&#39;d never relaxed it! Then I&#39;d BC and feel free again. Yes, I&#39;ve fallen prey to the creamy crack more than once... BUT I have always missed my natural hair somethin&#39; awful!!! That&#39;s why I can&#39;t fight anymore. I have to go natural, be natural, forever and always this time. I can&#39;t bare to go missing my natural texture again. Like Mariah, "We Belong Together!"

gyenyame
08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I love my hair, it&#39;s texture, it&#39;s versatility, it&#39;s beauty, and its strength. I love that it has a mind of its own and tells me what style to wear.

It has been five years now since finding MY hair again, and I only wish I had found it sooner.

Cheleigh
08-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Dee said everyone who clicks in here should post, so I&#39;ma postin&#39; even though I&#39;m not fully napptural yet.

The five sensations of Cheleigh&#39;s hair
Touch
I love how my napptural hair feels: it&#39;s thick and coily like a well crafted berber carpet. I can&#39;t keep my hands away from my hair--touching it is like a security blanket--it relaxes and calms me.

Sight
It looks so nappy and coily and pretty. Multiple textures swirl together. It is either curly, kinky, nappy, or coily, simply depending on the time of day and the angle of view.

Smell
Because I use more natural products and I wash my hair more often, my napptural hair smells so good--peppermint, lavender, nettle flowers, nastursium flowers, passionflowers, white sage. I am my own aromatherapy candle. Now when I get a hug from a guy, he lingers--and sniffs...and sniffs. :)

Sound
I can actually hear the crinkle of my napptural hair--it sounds healthy and substantial. The sound of Denman brush going through my napptural hair compared to the re.laxed hair is like night and day. The best sound? Silence, because my hair is finally detangled! :D

Taste
Okay, so I have no companion experience for this one. Suffice it to say, my hair smells good enough to eat (and my napptural hair is chemical free, so it&#39;s good protein for me too). ;)

nicolelarri
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
i LOVE MY TEXTURE!! Its versatile and god given so its perfect for me..

Daughter-of-Diaspora
08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
This thread is make&#39;n my day!

I luv my napps, coils and kinks cause there aren&#39;t too many other things in this world that defies cravity like they do! :afro:

I luv my napps, coils and kinks cause they have an undeniable link to a very important group of people world wide. :afro:

I luv my napps, coils and kinks cause they grow straight up to the sun and...

I luv my napps, coils and kinks cause it looks so darn good! :afro:

krenaye76
08-24-2005, 04:02 PM
I love this thread! Thanks!

I love my hair for a thousand reasons. But the one I appreciate most is that I never have to stand in the mirror for 20 minutes trying to decide what to do with it. She is what she is and she&#39;s usually made up her mind on what kind of style she wants for the day (curly, coily, bushy, fro-y, kinky, slinky, puffed up, pulled back...) before I even get dressed in the AM.

morena23
08-24-2005, 04:04 PM
I love my hair because it&#39;s mine....

Like any relationship, we have our ups and downs, but my hair is uniquely ME.

Urbanite
08-24-2005, 04:10 PM
<span style='color:blue'>This thread is making me want to write an ode to my hair!

How many ways do I love thee hair? Let me count the ways...

I love waking up in the morning, especially on days when I fell asleep with a scarf on and feeling like, "My hair is going to look horrible!" Then I walk past the mirror and see a gorgeous freeform fro that needs a little coconut oil spritz and some fluffling.

Then there are times, when I having a "I hate how my face looks today" and I look in the mirror and all I can do is stare at my hair, forgetting about all the woes of my face (which are quite imaginary and come only at a certain time each month).

I feel like a BAA gives me extra strength. It&#39;s like I can feel energy surging through me and when I catch a glimpse of it, I get a sudden urge to dance.

My hair gives me a sense of connection with those who came before me, a constant reminder of the struggles we endured and the responsibility I have to teach my children to love EVERYTHING about themselves.

And how could I not love the way my hair curls up when I twist it, and has a kind of spiral curl at the end?

And the way my hair dances when I put coconut oil on it?

Or the way it shrinks from a BAA to TWA--such versatility?

What is there NOT to love about natural hair?</span>

Neosoul
08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I love my hair because...shoot...what&#39;s not to love? Good days, bad days, it&#39;s just me and my naps. I don&#39;t even know how to explain. I love my naps just because.... How&#39;s that for an answer?

starrrdust143
08-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I love my textures because they are unique. They help me to achieve looks that may have been inspired by someone, but fit just for me (no pun intended).

I love my hair because it grabs attention and has given me such a confidence boost since chopping.

Sunchild
08-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I do. I :wub: my hair and all its glory!

To bad I kept it burnt for so long!

:lol:

Falon
08-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I love my hair texture. I have constant hand in napps disease. I don&#39;t care what anyone thinks about my napps and I like the word Nappy! When I think about how inconvinient life was pre-nappy. The wrapping the fear of all water, whether it was rain, the pool or an unexpected storm. What I love the most about my napps is the freedom...I use to spend way to much time doing hair. No one should spend an entire Saturday or Sunday washing, rollersetting and blowing out hair. When I went on vacation I was jumping in the pool and I had NO problem. I can&#39;t understand what&#39;s not to love about this hair?

PoetiklyFroed
08-24-2005, 04:30 PM
unapologetically....

it

IS!

nakisha
08-24-2005, 04:33 PM
:D :wub:

I love my texture and napps because they just look right on me. When I was a permie, my hair looked too thin and it made my head look big. (that&#39;s what i thought anyway). Now my hair just seems to be right and that is ONLY because God don&#39;t make mistakes!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that NP came into my life and I am so Happy to be Nappy!!

And I love that there are different textures and coils in different spots.

(i could be here ALL day)

lol

SVT
08-24-2005, 05:17 PM
I :wub: my hair.

It&#39;s healthy and versatile.

BayCurls
08-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I love my hair because it is all my hair.

It is so versatile it is ridicolous.

I have been natural forever, but never until now really knew the strength and beauty I had in my hair.

I am in love with my hair for the very first time!

I spent too much time burning the hair straight it, blow drying it, and getting mad at it for being so thick and taking me so long to get it to look all straight for it to revert soon as any type of moisture appeared anywhere. Then wondering why it did that.

Hmmm.....maybe because it wants to be free to "do what it do"as Ray said ;) .

Right now I only use heat once a month for deep conditions (hooded blow dryer).....other than that I am trying to be heat free for life. Hope I don&#39;t falter! But I definitely don&#39;t think God intended for me to burn my hair...lol

But really I just love my hair cause it is a part of me, and I know I love Me!

tdrmaquillage
08-24-2005, 05:38 PM
I love my hair &#39;cause it&#39;s crazy just like me! :wub:

:afro: Yay for napps! :afro:

- Tania :)

meky
08-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I love my hair because it simply is me. I have learned to appreciate and celebrate its "emotional" states. From multiple textures to having "enough hair on [my] head for 5 people" to learning to let it be so it can do IT&#39;S thing rather than me trying to make it do SOMEONE ELSE&#39;s.

I love it because it expresses me...the me that I have learned to accept, envelope and nurture.

meky
08-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I love my hair because it simply is me. I have learned to appreciate and celebrate its "emotional" states. From multiple textures to having "enough hair on [my] head for 5 people" to learning to let it be so it can do IT&#39;S thing rather than me trying to make it do SOMEONE ELSE&#39;s.

I love it because it expresses me...the me that I have learned to accept, envelope and nurture.

lisa_826
08-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I DO! IDO!
I love my hair cause its ALL me! Every twist, kink, coil, & curl on my head is exactly what God intended me to have.

diego2memphis
08-24-2005, 05:53 PM
I love my tightly coiled little TWA. I am a HIF addict, constantly pulling and twisting the little coils. My husband who never touched my relaxed hair, rubs his hands all over my hair now. I luv, luv, luv it! :wub: :wub: :wub:

lovelybrown
08-24-2005, 05:54 PM
ode to Hair

thy beauty is as a vine in the deep forest bed of the jungle
stong rope winding with twine, lush and live

thy beauty is as the rich brown sands of the ocean floor and the red clay at the core of the earth

thy beauty is as the mount, towering over piercing the sky

thy beauty is as old and true as the brillance of the sun and a new and sure as the birth of a baby chick

Before my hair I didn&#39;t know I was royality
As a newborn I wore a proud crown of lush brown
beauty,
I never knew I was an African queen
till I broke free from my prison
and embraced my natural crown

mlduvall
08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
I love my hair because of it&#39;s diversity, and &#39;still&#39; to this day never fails to surprise me. Since I&#39;ve been growing it out for the last 3 years, I am still finding new things about it.

To me, natural hair is unique, sopisticated, and just beautiful.

Monica, :afro: :wub:

eri
08-24-2005, 06:45 PM
i love my hair! it&#39;s a spongy, springy,cottony ball of fluff. i love it&#39;s rebellious nature...it&#39;s nonconformist attitude. just the way it&#39;s supposed to be.

vnatural
08-24-2005, 06:57 PM
I love my hair for it&#39;s versatility,it&#39;s softness, it&#39;s springyness, it&#39;s health, it&#39;s realness!!

VH

Niya
08-24-2005, 06:58 PM
*steals a line from another thread*
i love my God given naps because they are genetically correct. No mistakes on this head.

SoulfulSista
08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I love my texture cause it&#39;s beautiful, and it looks good on me. :D

Only1biancab
08-24-2005, 08:28 PM
I was just thinking about this today while I was pulling at my hair. I just can&#39;t see my hair any other way than what it is. I love being natural and my texture. If I don&#39;t, then who will.

amsassy
08-24-2005, 08:35 PM
I love my hair because it shows me in its complete entirety. I don&#39;t have to look like society says I have to look like. I look the way God made me.

duchytwists
08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I am absolutely in love with my napps :wub: I am planning to BC this weekend and I can&#39;t wait.

I had always thought that relaxed hair never suited me but I could not put two and two together and say to myself &#39;THIS IS NOT YOU!&#39;

I feel much more WHOLE now, even as a transitioner. I have HIF disease and I have to take out some of the microbraids I have just to get down to my napps! Can&#39;t wait for my full :afro:

LOVING THIS THREAD!

sbrwhi
08-24-2005, 08:52 PM
I looooooovvvvvvveeeeeeeeee my kinky, coily, nappy hair for everything it is. It completes me---my crowning glory ^_^ :wub: :wub: :wub: . What more can I say?

Oh dear me.....how dare I forget to add....

Thank you, Dee for Nappturality!!

Without this site I would never have been able to make it through my transition and be able to fully and confidently accept my beautiful napps and varying textures so completely.

netta1
08-24-2005, 08:57 PM
I love it because its mine and its what God gave me.

verse18
08-24-2005, 09:00 PM
I :wub: my texture because IT&#39;S MINE!!

I love that I can get up in the morning and not do a doggone thing to my head.

I love that if I do decide to do my hair, I have sooo many options.

Honeycomb
08-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I love my natural hair. It&#39;s the one part of my body that I&#39;m most proud of, and my worst nappy hair day beats my best pre-nappy hair day, any day!!

undrea
08-24-2005, 09:21 PM
I love my hair because it is thick and full of life. It&#39;s so versatile. It is a reflection of who I am.

naturalnyc
08-24-2005, 09:24 PM
i love it cause its healthy :wub:

Cutie McPretty
08-24-2005, 09:25 PM
I love my texture because it makes me look cuter than my relaxed hair ever did :wub:. I like that my styles hold because of how coily my napps are. No unraveling twists here :lol:. Also I like how thick my hair is. When I had a chemical fire cream I never was able to appreciate having thick hair because at that time I wanted it to be flat -- and thick hair has a BIG issue with folks trying to flatten it :P. Now that i&#39;m natural I see how great this thick hair can be. I have alot of other stuff I love about it but that&#39;s all for now.

Oh yeah, my shrinkage. My shrinkage gives me alot of options with how I can style my hair. I can go medium fro or shrunken twa. I get to be lazy because of this which I really appreciate. My hair has been so good to me this summer.... no floppy flat hair, no getting frustrated with time wasted in the mirror after I hit the humidity. My hair loves humidity, just makes my hair happier. Okay i&#39;m really done this time :). -- Tryce

natitwists
08-24-2005, 10:02 PM
I LOVE my hair cuz it is UNIQUELY mine. Havent seen anybody with my exact texture. I love it&#39;s tightness, looseness, straightness and cotton candy qualities. I love it because it represents the natural, beautiful me;)

stelle
08-24-2005, 11:26 PM
:afro:

I love my new found (2005) Nappy fro. Yes, I wear my fro daily in all its shrunken or finger picked glory. I treat it far better than I did with the straight dried out, falling out straw I had for way too long.

I keep looking back on pictures from my younger years and hoping that I get the chance to reclaim my hair in all its former glory.

May God bless us all.

SweetAmbrosia
08-24-2005, 11:37 PM
I love my texture because its versatile, healthy, thick & unique! :D

CurlyGurly
08-24-2005, 11:39 PM
i love it b/c it&#39;s perfect for me...God sure doesn&#39;t make any mistakes!!! i think i&#39;m cuter now than ever with this hair of mine!

RecoveredPermie
08-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I :icon_heartpump: my hair because it&#39;s healthy now.
I :icon_heartpump: my hair because it&#39;s strong.
I :icon_heartpump: my hair because I can fool people. ("I thought you had a afro."- when someone see&#39;s me with curly hair)
I :icon_heartpump: my hair because it&#39;s what I was born with.
I just :icon_heartpump: my hair !!

emerald06
08-25-2005, 12:01 AM
I love that my hair FEELS healthy now! And it actually IS healthy! Nappy is the best!

moonlight
08-25-2005, 12:18 AM
LOL! Well said DeeCoily! Mad cosigning (lol!) I love what you said and your sentiments most definitely mirror my own. I dare anybody to criticize my tight curly hair or challenge me to straighten it. It&#39;s me, it&#39;s mine, and it&#39;s fine just as it is. It&#39;s gonna do it own thing. Everyday it&#39;s not going to look exactly the same and that&#39;s fine by me because I love the little surprises the texture gives me. I love my roots, I love my texture, and I love my hair. My hair doesn&#39;t need to be nor look like anyone else&#39;s when I wake up every morning, and that makes rockin&#39; my own hair that much more special and unique. I also LOVE seeing the natural hair on other Black women. For some odd reason, I just feel like, in my mind, they and I are on the same page and it makes me beam inside with pride. :afro:

toy
08-25-2005, 12:33 AM
i do, which is why i have this in my sig:

the kinks, frizz, and fuzz normally considered flaws in other hair types are characteristic of nappy hair. its texture tends to make it individual, versatile and more richly beautiful than most non-nappy hair types and enhances the beauty of its napptural wearer.

bellefemme
08-25-2005, 12:34 AM
I Love My Nappy Hair because...
it reaffirms who I truly am, where I truly came from, and why I should be proud to come from the soil of our mother home Africa.

I love my texture because it is just like personality. One day it is calm and wavy, the nest uptight and coiled up close, others bubbly and burstin with excitement.
Lovin my texture and my hair means that I Love Me.

raissa
08-25-2005, 12:36 AM
I love my hair because it is black, strong and fierce. My beautiful nappy texture can do ANY style that it wants. My hair is thick and it keeps my head warm in the chicago and brooklyn winds. :)

ETA: I also love it because it is so versatile and can do many many many styles!

mom_is_queen
08-25-2005, 12:54 AM
OMG I :wub: my hair and all its textures. I love my texture because even though I know I have some hair sixtupilupilets, it&#39;s all mine as kinky coily curly and nappy as it wants to be.
My hair is the original, a crown of beauty, royal and unique in its own right.
Options Options Options.......I love my hair because I have sooooo many more options then when I was a permie.
My hair is so versatile and the different textures add much character.
My hair and I are healthier, happier and stronger....TOGETHER FOREVER!

D*MN I&#39;M HAPPY TO BE AU NATURAL!!!!!!!!!!
I beam with pride also moonlight @ the site of another natural Black woman.

drsybil
08-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I am continually amazed by the spongy softness of my hair. I love that I can be spontaneous without fear of ruining my hairdo. Camping? No problem! Rain? No big deal! No time to get ready? Hair already fabulous :D Bad hair day? Jump in the shower! I have never had hair this long with so little effort before. My hair is so fly it deserves theme music :afro: Remember that thread?

I love my hair because it is me...dark, complex, and multifaceted.

happilynappy
08-25-2005, 03:40 AM
I love love my texture for a number of reasons I was ufaithful to my hair and during that time I experienced a great sadness, but I learned that my hair is more than hair. It is a connection to my heritage as an african american . There is no other hair on the planet that is more pliable and beautiful than nappy hair. It has its own personality and does not require much maintenance at all. It attracts lots of attention and is a great conversation peice. I love my hair and would definitely not trade it for anything.

femmefatales
08-25-2005, 04:01 AM
I love my hair because It can be so many things;nappy, coily, fluffy, frizzy, wavy. You never know what will pop out of this bag of tricks

ChaoticSoul
08-25-2005, 10:50 AM
i love my naps because its so healthy and versitile and doesn&#39;t need much manipulation. I curse the days sweating using 3 sized curling irons on the different lengths of my hair and burn the ish out of the top of my ears and back of my neck. I love not instantly starting to run when it rains ...I take my time and let my naps soak it all in...I love how it seems to consitute strength and courage (what i&#39;m hearing lately)...I hear so many (around town) saying ooh your hair is so pretty . I&#39;m too scurred (yea skurred) to do that....(mmmhmmm) I love my naps!

uzuri
08-25-2005, 03:42 PM
I love my napptural hair because of it´s thickness....tiny coils, :wub: I love that it´s unique and it defys gravity (read that in a napptural hair bk. :P )
We have been brainwashed to hate our hair, and I still find it hard to believe that it took me so long to see this...Anything that is "Black" has always been seen as bad in the past and in the present too...full lips, generous butt, napptural hair, brown skin....But after a lot of soul searching, I have finally arrived. I love my hair. Period. I will never ever go back to the lye. I´m a napptural for life.

jenoy
08-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I love my texture, its coils and turns

braiding and twisting is so much fun

I love my texture, yes this is true

I love my texture, how about you? :wub:

LaNubia
08-25-2005, 04:42 PM
I love my nappy hair cuz its mine and its like no one else&#39;s . Its sooo purty and coily and nappy and shiny and soft and wild. It does whatever it wants without my permission.

It prefers to be styled by the wind than my fingers.

It has a life of its own.

It says a lot for me without me having to open my mouth.

Oh how I love luv wub love luv :wub: my nappy hair!

peace_lily
08-25-2005, 04:51 PM
I love my texture because its like many people have said, Its ME, the real me. I have come to first accept the texture I was born with and finally to love it. I embrace it and God willing I will continue to honor it.

I no longer ABUSE my hair into submission, trying to make it do something that went against the natural order.

I love the tightness of my curls and how it has major shrinkage (Im still awe-struck about that) and the soft fuzzies. I love how I can twist it and the twists will stay with hardly any effort at all. no abuse is required. I love how I dont have to run from water and stream and other elements because I was afraid the real me would expectedly show up. there is no shame here, only love and acceptance...

I love my texture because I love who I am.

thanks, Dee and to everyone who shared.

NATURALEE
08-25-2005, 06:52 PM
I love my texture simply because its what God gave me and what could be better.

afrogeek
08-25-2005, 07:18 PM
:afro: I like the mix of textures my hair is. It&#39;s got Ss, corkscrews, and zigzags in it. I also like, as many others have said, the freedom of being able to just live and do and be without worrying about keeping my naps under cover. I love the way I can stiyle my hair-twists, braids, puffs, &#39;fros-and it stays in whatever with virtually no effort at all. I frankly glory in the sheer thickness, softness, and springiness of my hair. When I&#39;m out, I turn heads as my hair sparkles in the sunlight with healthy sheen! :D :afro:

yjudania
08-25-2005, 07:42 PM
I love my texture because it is so many things. Something that I grew up thinking was so terrible I can now see the beauty in. I always would wear my hair big which required a lot of work. Now, I wake up with big hair just by doing nothing! Love it!

N1SEXYTING
08-25-2005, 07:49 PM
What is left to say that hasn&#39;t been said! :dunno:

All I know is I :wub: my :afro: , simply love it, I&#39;m glad I came back to my senses before any damage was done to my crown. I simply :wub: my nappy hair till the point that it should be illegal!

Floeva
08-25-2005, 07:52 PM
I love my nappy hair because I realized God did not make a mistake. This hair is what I was meant to have on my head and to me it&#39;s beautiful. :wub:

Taunstro2
08-25-2005, 09:26 PM
I absolutely love my texture. I am just happy to finally know what it really is!!! I love it&#39;s mood swings and it&#39;s versatility. Won&#39;t go back to the creamy crack!!! :wub: :afro:

jsteen
08-25-2005, 10:14 PM
I love my texture, too. God knew exactly what He was doing when He made this head of hair. I feel like if I tried to have straight hair again, I&#39;m not sure I could recognize myself. That&#39;s just not me anymore. Nappy is! :wub:

HunyD
08-25-2005, 10:37 PM
:wub: I love my nappy hair. It is strong and has a personality of its own. I love its mini curls and versatility. It loves water and attention. My hair is kind of like my finger prints; there is no other like it. I feel more at peace and in tune with myself because of my hair. :wub:

gilroygal
08-25-2005, 10:45 PM
I love my hair because it constantly reminds me of who I am, and where I came from. The sheer design of it, although sometimes seen as an oddity, is truly perfect. It provides PERFECT protection from heat and outer elements. PERFECT ventilation when the breeze blows. My scalp feels free. I feel the hand of my creator touching me. I love it when I touch my bush and marvel at the crinkliness of it. I love the stares. It is MINE. No one, and NOTHING ( not even chemicals) can change what GROWS from my scalp. Each curl and kink was predestined for greatness. My hair is powerful.

SolSistah
08-26-2005, 01:42 AM
I love my hair.
I love it&#39;s softness and I love the half waves half curls going on where ever they please.
I love it braided, or shook out, or even in a fro.
I love it&#39;s sponginess.
I love to touch it and stare at it.
I love the smell of it.
I love quenching it&#39;s thirst.
I love loving my hair.

naturalnube
08-26-2005, 02:54 AM
I love love love my hair and all its glory. It does what it does, I don&#39;t fight it, I work with it. It is God given, beautiful, glorious, and wonderful to the touch. I am coming up on my 2 year nappiversary . Why oh why did I wait so long. Never mind... what&#39;s important to me is that I am where I am today with my beautiful full head of hair. :afro:

Virtuouslady
08-26-2005, 07:09 PM
I love my hair because it really defines who I am. This is how I really look. Now I look complete! It matches everything on my body. God really knew what He was doing when he put this type of hair with this nose, these lips, this body type, this complexion. He knew exactly what He was doing.

I love my hair for it&#39;s coils and mostly pure naps. I love that it is healthy. I love that it is STRONG! I love it&#39;s extreme thickness and it can hold any braid or twists on its own. I love that it is SO versatile. It has truly helped boost my confidence.

I also love that I can scratch my scalp anytime I want and not have to worry about scalp burn from a future touchup. :D

AuNappturale
08-26-2005, 07:21 PM
I :wub: my hair because it&#39;s mine, all mine. I love it &#39;cause it can be big, little, up, down, twisted, braided, loose, coiled, nappy, soft, packed tight in the back like brown sugar in a box, and like me, it has a mind of its own. (Example: I want the Afro again that&#39;s in my avatar, but my hair ain&#39;t havin&#39; it right now. It just don&#39;t wanna hang that loose these days. See what I&#39;m talkin&#39; &#39;bout? ...a mind of its own.)

aquababie19
08-26-2005, 09:28 PM
i love my hair and it&#39;s texture because it represents how i feel about myself...

i&#39;m strong!
i&#39;m beautiful!
i&#39;m made without mistake from the Creator!

how uncanny is it that our hair emulates the dna which contains eveything about us? if you think hard, our hair does the same. it contains ancestry of strong, beautiful African women. don&#39;t forget ladies :wub:

ValleyOfDecision
08-27-2005, 01:05 AM
I love my texture because it does whatever I want it to do. But on those days it didn&#39;t wanna listen, I just let it be. Now that I&#39;m locked up, it does its thing on its own; there isn&#39;t much I have to do to it.

I don&#39;t know :dunno: , I just like it. It&#39;s perfect for VOD. :)

mrsloh
08-27-2005, 02:11 AM
I love my fifty-eleven (as my 4 yr old niece says when there are too many to count) textures on my head because they represent the rainbow of people that have made me who I am today!!!

naturalihapi
08-27-2005, 05:31 AM
I love my hair texture. Each crinkle and coil has a mind of its own and it is the way God intended my hair to be. I love the thickness and strength of my hair. It is springy, spongy, and I can&#39;t keep my hands out of it. My hair is wonderful and I love it! You can&#39;t put my hair in any type of hair category because there are so many different textures. I never knew love could be like this. With my newly found hair texture, and glory, I say that I am finally, free, forever! :wub:

queenwildcoilz
08-27-2005, 07:40 AM
i :wub: my crowning glory
because its nappy ,happy and finally free !!!!

peace and hair grease my nappies :afro: :) :D

EvesDilemma
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I love learning something new about my hair and what it is capable of everyady.

I love what I learn about myself in accepting my hair as a part of my being

I love the spirituality it can represent-the love that it represents by what I put in it and the time I put in it.

afrosaxon1
09-04-2005, 04:49 PM
I love my hair cos God gave it to me and when I walk down the street with a BAA people are like ...wwhhhooaa.....what happened to her??

Chlyric Images
09-04-2005, 08:09 PM
I love my hair because so many people make it a point to point out how *different it is*, and although it&#39;s not to be positive, I will make it into something positive :P .

It&#39;s special and different, and people can&#39;t stop reminding me! :lol:

BlackAngels
09-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I love my hair because it inspires others to go natural.
I love my hair because when my dad sees me he calls me his
afo lady :)
I love my hair because my cousins think i look like a super model know.
I love my hair becasue its moody one day it will be curl ringlets and
then it will be a big poofy fro.:)
I love my hair because it is identical to my moms:)and i love to look
like my mom shes beatifull :)
I love my hair because it has mixed textures which makes it interesting.
I love my hair because i FINALLY have good hair days everday.:)
I love my hair because it is unique like me.
I love my hair because it is part of my blackness.
I love my hair because its low maintenance.
I love my hair because i dont have to sit under a dryer! get burn marks!
etc.
I love my hair because it makes me walk with my head higher

so many reasons..........i just love it
:wub: :D

Venetter
09-05-2005, 04:12 AM
I love my texture cuz I can work out hard and sweat out my twists and/or twistouts, and they still look good.

I love it cuz I can get the look of a small compact fro, a fluffy fro, a big chunky twistout, or a curly set all without the use of heat, or goopy gels.

I love my tightly coiled, no curl definition napps cuz God knew that they were the perfect match for me. Fit me, my frame, my face perfectly. He knew I didn&#39;t look right with straight or curly hair. I&#39;m so happy I finally listened. :afro:

Scribetastic
09-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by deecoily@Aug 24 2005, 06:17 PM
I&#39;m tired of the nappy criticizing going on around here lately. Ditch the negativity.

It&#39;s time to reaffirm your personal nappturality journey. Yep, it&#39;s a cheer squad AND a bandwagon so that&#39;s out of the way for anyone who plans to criticize this thread because it&#39;s a cheer squad and a bandwagon.

Co-sign here if you love your nappy hair and you wouldn&#39;t trade it for the world and tell us why!

I LOVE my hair. I love it because it&#39;s what I was born with and no one can tell me it is unkempt or unprofessional. It does what it does, I style it to enhance it&#39;s unique properties, not to minimize them, and anyone who doesn&#39;t like my big, freeform, nappy hair can go to --- and kiss my beautiful black --- on the way down.

~Dee~

I love my nappy texture because it&#39;s really cute after I shower and it curls up into tight little ringlets. (Hence why I two strand twist it, so I sport that look all week long.) This hairstyle can also vary depending on my mood. If I let it dry and go freeform, it will dry into those ringlets (but that means I can&#39;t touch it.)

I&#39;m learning to love it when it frizzies up. I&#39;m learning how to handle it. I&#39;m learning that I don&#39;t have thick bushy hair, but I have a finer grade of hair (but still very kinky.)

This is a great journey of self-discovery and self-acceptance. I love my hair because it&#39;s so unique. It&#39;s lovely.

sonshinescoils
09-05-2005, 04:34 AM
i love my hair, because she&#39;s forgiven me for all the years of abuse and denial.
i love my hair because she loves me :)

Twistednkinky
09-05-2005, 04:42 AM
I love my hair because it defies gravity.

And....

When I sport my afro it makes me feel larger than life.

:D :afro: :)

CatSuga
09-05-2005, 05:12 AM
It draws attention............................male attention. ;)

Typoz
09-05-2005, 05:40 AM
I SO LOVE the texture of my hair. When I was wearing it loose I could pat it down into a TWA. The next day I could pick it out again :afro:

Now that I have it in Sisterlocks it is a sight to behold. The other day some more white women told me they thought my hair was awesome and they wished they could do that with theirs.

Puny mortals. Behold my locks and weep! ;) :D

Typoz

Natural Kinks
09-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I love my texture because it coils into perfect little spheres

I love my hair because it is dense and cushiony and versatile

I love my natural hair because when I walk in the mall and look at others my hair no longer resembles "theirs" (those whose ancestors stripped my ancestors&#39; heritage and convinced them that their natural hair was ugly and not acceptable) but looks like MINE

I love my hair because it is a reflection and celebration of
the spirit of my ancestors, who loved and honored their natural hair before being captured

And I can NOT leave out that I love my texture because I can rinse it everyday, and sing and dance in the rain - which I definitely indulge in ;)

lp4ever
09-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I love my napps.

Before, I used to hurt and punish them, just to satisfy society.

I love my NAPPS.

For all my past errors, baby, I&#39;m sorry!

I love my NAPPS.

As they&#39;re not just my napps, they are a part of me.

I love my NAPPS!

As they don&#39;t even care about our past, only forward to a future of loving me back.

I love my NAPPS!

Loving you every day is such a delicacy!

mocha22
09-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I LOVE MY NATURAL HAIR!!!!!!!!
I love my hair because my hair has tight coils and loose coils, cute curls, and waves. It&#39;s like a free spirit. At first i hated how it would do it&#39;s own thing, but now I am happy that it makes me more of an individual.

Sheabutter
09-05-2005, 08:14 PM
I love everything about me, that includes my hair and its texture. :hug:

butterpecan
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
I love my hair because it&#39;s all mine and I can do beautiful styles without the use of heat and chemicals. It&#39;s just the way God made it nappy and beautiful!!

Melanizm
09-12-2005, 12:25 AM

no words can really express how i feel...i just love it cause it&#39;s mine and it&#39;s coming out of my head the way it was intended to. I thank God that I was able change my mentality and see the beauty of natural hair!

Truessence
09-12-2005, 12:37 AM
I love my nappy hair texture because it is the way it is meant to be free and easy! It completes who I am! My hair is a beautiful crown that I wear proudly! Whether I am rockin a TWA, BAA, Bantu knots, Afro puffs, Twistouts, Cornrows. I rock those styles with so much pride! I love my nautral hair!:)

Poohbear215
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Co-signing to "I LOVE MY HAIR"

Why? ...because it&#39;s me and it&#39;s my God-given hair texture!!!

...and I don&#39;t have to worry about chemical re-laxers anymore! My hair is much stronger and doesn&#39;t suffer any breakage or damage ever since I gave up re-laxers, heat, and harsh products. I also like playing with the springs and coils that grow out of my head! :afro:

s3grace
09-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Okay, I love my nappy hair, let me count the ways:

I love it because it inspires freedom, not only in myself but others.

I love it because it is a slap in the face to a society that caters to straight hair.

I love it because it&#39;s both strong and fragile, alot like me.

But, mostly because it&#39;s me...the LORD did a great job...... :rolleyes:

"I am fearfully and Wonderfully made in HIS Image!"

s3grace

swiit
09-12-2005, 06:36 PM
I LOVE MY HAIR!!!!

It challenges and encourages me to stay TRUE to myself in other ways!

runrunrunner
09-12-2005, 06:51 PM
my hair&#39;s the sex.

and so is yours.

pizazz
09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I love my hair and texture, because I feel, being newly natural(4 days), it&#39;s a new extention of my true self. Growing up in a majority white communtiy, it was always assumed that straight permed/hair was luxuirous/attractive and got you only closer to being accepted(but still not fully) :icon_headshake: . My hair now makes the statement that this is how my hair&#39;s s&#39;pose to be and it makes me feel so free.... :wub:

Button2004
09-12-2005, 11:52 PM
How did I miss this thread!!!??? :doh

I love it! :wub:

*clears throat*

I love my beautiful nappy hair because it is healthy, strong, and I have so many styling options. It grows, it is low maintenance.

And I have never felt as beautiful as I do now with my napptural hair.

Applejacks
09-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I do! I do!

Cause, it&#39;s absolutely GORGEOUS! Not to mention, it feels wonderful. I&#39;ve been natural almost two years and I still can&#39;t keep my hands out of it! :D

vnatural
09-13-2005, 02:01 AM
Had to say more so, I love my texure because it feels just wonderful. I can style it however I want and it smells so good because I can wash it whenever I want too!! *ha* It looks glorious and so full of life. No worries of getting stuck in the rain, like back in the permie days, and no hiding and altering my hair texture. What you see is all me baby!

Isis_Leone
09-13-2005, 05:39 AM
I love my texture because even though my hair is shorn close to my scalp, it is still free-spirited and has a mind of it&#39;s own! It curls, frizzes, and waves (all at the same time) and refuses to be brushed or head-wrapped into submission.

People stop and ask me all the time, how did you get those waves in the back of your head? My hair is beady at the nape, curly in the back, and wavy-straight towards the front...as if I could intentionally &#39;make&#39; my hair do anything it don&#39;t wanna do :P It&#39;s sad that they don&#39;t know that all of our hair has it&#39;s own luscious texture, and that all they gotta do is set it free...

soontobenatural
09-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I love my hair because it&#39;s me - all me, 100%, unadulterated me!

I love my hair because it&#39;s the way God wanted it to be (how could that be wrong!)

I love my hair because it&#39;s helping me to show my daughter that nappy hair is beautiful hair! She used to bug me about wearing her hair straight, now when she see&#39;s little girls with thin, damaged, permed hair she says "Mommy, she needs to go natural!"

I love my hair because it&#39;s unique - I don&#39;t look like the million-and-one other women that I see every day. They may not remember my name, but they doggone sho remember the mane!!!

Twistie74
09-13-2005, 07:31 PM
I love it because it fits with me the way no other hair &#39;style&#39; I&#39;ve ever had could.

No matter what outfit I wear, what hat I put on, what earrings I&#39;m swinging - having natural hair has fit with any look I&#39;ve ever tried...ENHANCED it, even! Additionally, I&#39;ve found myself wearing outfits that complement and enhance my hair - something I never did during the days of the &#39;lye&#39;.

Also...I love my texture because it made the locking process a lot easier :)

pyogazel
09-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I love my hair because it IS.
Sometimes it&#39;s stubborn, sometimes it&#39;s seductive, even lascivious, sometimes mischievous, sometimes playful, allways true, just willing to be pampered and loved for what it is.
I love my hair texture because its versatility never ceases to surprise me : so many looks to try, so many hairstyles to experiment... life is too short to try them all

Whitley Gilbert
01-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Doin&#39; the BUMP

I :wub: this thread.

sannie
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Superstar :wub:

My hair is the reason I don’t believe in the typing system. I’ve got different textures all over my head and it’s still all in the four bee family. I’ve got super thick strands and a lot of them. My hair is so soft I can’t keep my fingers out of it. My hair is so beautiful to me that it makes me wanna work on the rest of myself. It just doesn’t match now :lol: .

TotalNappz
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
this thread is wonderful

i love my napps , for what they are . so far i got nothing but happiness from them . i enjoy spending my time going through the curls and coils , even the cottony texture got my love . i never touched my relaxed hair like this . i love my napps even though my family already told me how ugly they are , i still love them <-- i am transitioning away from home :rolleyes:
i love my napps for that i am YET to discover what TYPE they are , and honestly I was scared at first but now it dosent matter any more whatever it is , i would love it :wub:

minacakes
01-20-2006, 11:42 AM
I LOVE :wub: :wub: MY NAPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don&#39;t know if i can even put into words just why. they&#39;re like my little babies!!! each and every nap!!! the ones that curl, the ones that coil, the ones that zig zag, the ones that do thier own thing and never &#39;fit in&#39; w/the rest!!!! i love the way it feels, the way it looks, and the fact that i don&#39;t have to do anything to it to make it that way!!! it just grows outtta my head like that!!!! i feel lucky to be nappy...i really do....my hair is the coolest :Cool_049:

westindiangal
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I love my texture. I still haven&#39;t figured it all out, but that&#39;s part of what I love about my hair. It&#39;s unpredictable: I&#39;ll leave home with a style and can come home with another style! No matter how sometimes I feel challenged, I will never backslide.

I LOVE MY HAIR!!

SoFrolushes
01-20-2006, 03:15 PM
i love my hair because its mine all mine. simply put!!!

naturalay
01-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I love my texture because there is no other texture that can make such beautiful twists :P

I love my texture because this "bigness" is just amazing :P

I love my texture because there is no other texture that can keep a hairstyle for more than 10 days and still look goooooood :P

realbme
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I love my texture because there is no other texture that can make such beautiful twists :P

I love my texture because there isn&#39;t no other texture that can keep a hairstyle for more than 10 days and still look goooooood :P
[/b]

yeah girl, that&#39;s me too! i make this napptural thang look gooooood :lol: ;)

vnesa6543
01-20-2006, 04:51 PM
i love my hair because its mine all mine. simply put!!!
[/b]

Yep that sums it up for me too! :)

jazzijenni81
01-20-2006, 05:45 PM
i love my texure b/c its so easy to care for!

zambx
01-20-2006, 06:39 PM
I love my texture: because it&#39;s my very own. Because my corkscrew coils are what make me ME. Because my hair never looks exactly the same on any two days and the versatility is beyond anything I ever imagined. Because discovering my texture allowed me to truly discover ME- (and I love &#39;em both-lol)

homestyle
01-20-2006, 07:12 PM
I love my texture because it&#39;s what God gave me, and He don&#39;t make no mistakes! :wub:

bigpuff 02
01-20-2006, 07:13 PM
i &hearts; my nappy twa!

afroluvangel
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I love my texture because every month it continues to grow out, and surprise me. I love that I can just use water to pull my hair back for my headband/afro styles. It shows up so pretty and so much sheen that I threw away all my old gels, sheens sprays, etc. My hair says, "Let me handle this", and it handles everything very well (moisture, sheen, twists, cornrows, picked afro).

iscott555
01-20-2006, 10:06 PM
I love my hair texture because it&#39;s beautiful and it&#39;s all mine!!!!

honeybunch2k5
01-20-2006, 11:50 PM
I love the fact that it is low maintenance. I put a little water on my &#39;fro, shake, finger comb, and go!

It is versatile.

Ever since I&#39;ve gone natural, I feel like I have been liberated. I am no longer a slave to flaming tools of torture or addicted to creamy crack.

My confidence has soared, and I am much nicer to other people.

It&#39;s growing! My hair never seemed to get longer as a permie.

It is healthier than it has ever been!

It&#39;s big. It looks better on me. In fact, I never looked good with straight hair especially when it was flat.

It&#39;s soft with the right products and care.

Mecca
01-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I love my hair because it stands out and turns heads. ^_^

LuaBonita
01-21-2006, 01:35 AM
i love my textures because they are unique

i love my hair since it is no longer see- through, it is healthier, and is VERY versitile

i love my choice to go natural because im promoting healthy hair and bettering myself

blksnflwr
01-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I love my texture because it is mine. It didn&#39;t come for a box. I love to stick my hand in it in the middle of the day and play with it. I love the versatility in being natural. I love all of the styles it allows me to do on it. :)I love it spiritually as well because it is what God gave me.

I love it because it gives me more time in my day. I love it because when it rains, I run out into it and run around. I love it because my boys think it make me more beautiful. I love it because every where I go, it speaks of the beauty of black hair.

I love it because it is me.

naturalay
01-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I love my texture because it is mine. It didn&#39;t come for a box.
[/b]

:lol: i like this!

Lockolatte
01-21-2006, 08:57 PM
I love my naps because they represent the real me, freedom, and versatility! Puffy, wavy, coily, nappy, shrunken, and stretched....I love my hair because it turns heads and keeps people guessing. I CAN&#39;T KEEP MY HANDS OUT OF IT!

TrueSugar
01-21-2006, 09:16 PM
soft to the touch,

hating the comb,

blowing in the wind,

coiling around itself,

Will I ever get the perfect fro?,

My hair lets me know how its feeling at all times. God give me something wonderful that its taken alot of time of respect it.

MotherLand
01-21-2006, 11:04 PM
I love it! It&#39;s unpredictable, the possibilities are limitless. It can do things that only God knows. :)

PhoenixGirl
01-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I love my texture because of what it means for nappy headed little girls.

When I was a young pre-teen, I was thinking hoping and praying for SOME way I could do my hair that did not involve all the pain of hotcombs and perms. Why, I thought, doesn&#39;t black female adults&#39; hair at ALL resemble those of black little girls? Why do other races of adults look like the children that they used to be?

My nappy hair shows other little girls that there are options, and it&#39;s not because I have some "special" texture that society deems worthy. I have the most hated, nappiest hair of anyone I know and I have the audacity to wear it unaltered in public.

I also love :wub: it because it&#39;s soft. I love it because I haven&#39;t had the opportunity to appreciate it since I was 13! I love touching it. I love that I don&#39;t have to pay $70 a pop every six weeks to be attacked with caustic chemicals.

I love the undeniable TRUTH of my napps. People can say all day long, for years and years, that naps are ugly, the mere word itself offends them, but when you look at them, they can take your breath away.

I love that.

PhoenixGirl
01-22-2006, 01:27 AM
I love this thread!

I love Dee for giving me the opportunity to love my napps!

HazelEyez929
01-22-2006, 02:22 AM
I love my napps because God gave them to me.

esther
01-22-2006, 02:48 AM
Natural hair seems like it was just made for me, which it really was. It seems to reflect me in a lot of aspects. It&#39;s so unique and different. It&#39;s just so beautiful all the little coils.

PretteeGurl81
01-22-2006, 11:23 PM
:wub: :wub: I am in love with my texture :wub: :wub: I honestly wouldn&#39;t change it for the world! Natural hair is a form of art, and I think of my hair as my own contribution to the collection. My hair represents ME... free, beautiful, sassy, and non-conforming to social norms.

CAPPEELER
01-23-2006, 02:23 AM
After being bald by shaving my head for years, it just nice to grow my hair back. My back ground from what my parents tell me is Indian/African mix, so my hair is very interesting too me. I really miss seeing my hair texture. People that know me say I look younger. Now I’m freeforming or Neglecting growing locs & in the process learning more about my hair & me right now. I’m loving it. :)

peace.

kizzie
01-23-2006, 05:36 AM
I&#39;m a happy nappy.........
I love the way my hair feels, I find myself playing in my hair all the time.. that&#39;s probably why I have to re-twist it every other week :D
My hair is extremely soft, that&#39;s a curse I that was handed down through the generations, that I proudly carry.
I love when people touch my hair and then say how soft it is....cause it looks hard as all get-out.

I usually tell people that ask me about being natural, that once you get to the point where you love the feel of your own natural hair, that&#39;s when your hooked.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/kizzie621

DaisysHair
01-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Soft
kinky
coily
nappy
versatile
three textured
mind of it&#39;s own
looks good with anything
and even on my worst hair days
it&#39;s still 100% perfect

christian_witchie2005
01-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Its natural!, its springy, its soft and silky, its bouncy, its wavy, its thick not thin, its curly and coily, curvy and rare, its my god giving hair :)

KnappilyMe
01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
I love my texture because it is a part of me. I love my texture because it is like me.. tells me what its going to do; when, where, and how, it is soft yet strong at the same time. I love it because it is ME

Yonique
01-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I love my texture because me, I never have to look in the mirror to make sure my hair is still in check after riding with my windows open. I love my hair it&#39;s beautiful.

Sekhmet
05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
bump

naturalessence
05-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I love my hair&#39;s texture because it is, "Good". It is good because God made it so. Each strand is as diverse as the genes that make me who I am. From the African, Native American, etc.....all the way back to my original parents... Adam and Eve.

Naturalessence

afroluvangel
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I luuuv my hair texture b/c (check the sig and my name)! My curiousity was seeping under the lye, and I now I&#39;m not hiding my texture anymore! It&#39;s soft, thick/coarse, loves the rain :P . I can style my hair in any natural style I please or just apply water in the morning pull back into a puff. My hair shrinks, but that&#39;s just the beauty of it! I&#39;m always amazed at the versatility of my hair! :wub:

Cheleigh
05-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I love my texture. Some days I love it more than others. ^_^

I love it because it is the most fascinating mix of hair textures and types. I have corkscrews and coils, but it&#39;s on a bed of naps and kinks. The top half of my head pops up into a fro no matter what, and the bottom half tries to grow down a little. It&#39;s spongy mostly, but a few cottony parts. One half of my hair is uber thick, while another part is a little thin. How so many textures can be on one head, I&#39;ll never know, but I know it&#39;s all mine, and defies labeling. It is what it is, and it do what it do.

I can&#39;t believe I hid this away for more than 20 years, when all it wanted to do was to be.

ms_g
05-02-2006, 12:09 AM
im am in love with it. :wub:
the kinks, naps, coils, cottony feeling all make prove to me that this is one of the best decisions ive ever made in my life. and its just the beginning! for so long, ive wanted curly hair and now i know i have it and can take care of it.

and who knew playing with your kitchen can be so fun! :lol:

:icon_heartpump: :icon_heartpump: :icon_heartpump:

jazzylibra
05-02-2006, 12:36 AM
I love it!! I transitioned for 3 mos and couldn&#39;t wait any longer (I was attempting a 6 mos transition) and I bc&#39;ed on April 19th. It was the best decision that I&#39;ve made this year. I love the texture, it&#39;s so carefree. I&#39;ve had many compliments as to how well it suites me. Call it kinky, coily or nappy -It&#39;s me naturally

iscott555
05-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I love my hair texture because it&#39;s so thick but it&#39;s still soft and I love just running my fingers through my hair and playing in it! I love that it&#39;s free to just do what it does naturally and I&#39;m not damaging it with heat....I just love the way it feels and the way people look at me and the fact that my hair makes me stand out!

Lockolatte
05-02-2006, 04:40 AM
My texture allows me to be vary my look. It can be short, long, cottony, wavy, wild, calm. My texture is mysterious and that is why I love it!

Ketchup
05-02-2006, 04:49 AM
I friggin adore my texture..Mad Coily!!

I can rock the short/medium/long look..Such versatility..and with my impulsive nature..nothing else suits me just fine!

curvycurly78
05-02-2006, 05:58 AM
I love my texture (and hair in general) because I know this is the way my hair is, not what someone else may want it to be. I love the fact that I don&#39;t have to be self-consious when the wind blows or when it rains because my nappy hair is beautiful and resilient no matter what the weather.

Let me say it again, I LOVE MY HAIR! :wub: :wub:

tonyelle
05-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I love my napps because it&#39;s me. Nothing altered with chemicals. I don&#39;t have to worry about touch ups and worrying about water hitting it. It&#39;s a part of me and an expression of who I am. I&#39;ve always like to be the "different" one in the group, and I can do that by just being me. I like when people don&#39;t understand why I am natural. It gives me a chance to educate and express my feeling about it. I don&#39;t knock permies, because I once too was living a lye. But now I am free of those balls and chains and love my hair for what it is.

Debs
05-02-2006, 07:37 AM
I love my hair because this is who I am and what I was born with!

nubiantori
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I love my texture because it&#39;s the way God made it. I love the fact that I am free to be me. I am in love with my hair and can&#39;t keep my hands out of it. I love the fact that I have fine wavy hair in the back and thick coily hair in the front. I love the versatility of my natural hair. I love the fact that it is nice and thick and it was never that way when I had perms in my hair. I love the fact that I can be ME!! I am in LOVE :wub:

Batyah
05-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I love my natural hair texture! It&#39;s spongy, crinkly, coily, and THICK!!! My fingers are always squeezing, and tugging on my twists. :wub:

sunshinestarr
05-02-2006, 11:43 AM
i love my texture cuz it&#39;s pretty. :)

meccadon
05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
It suits me
it&#39;s mine
it&#39;s natural
it&#39;s healthy
it&#39;s strong
it&#39;s nurtured and cultivated
I wear it proudly
I can exercise in freedom without negotiating what is going to happen with my &#39;do
I can enjoy a nice walk in the rain and smile because my hair isn&#39;t going to melt and wither away
it&#39;s versatile
it&#39;s stylish
it evokes pride
and the summer heat and humidity is just gonna add to my glory, not detract from it :wub:

Blaqdiamond4t
05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I loooooooooooooooove my texture cause it&#39;s a part of my mom. :wub:
I love it cause when I twist it...it stays.
I love it cause it looks so much better than when I use to burn it. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
I love it cause it&#39;s part of my ancestry...Black, White and whatever!

KnottyAuthor
05-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I love my herr because my God made it and he wouldnt of made it this way if he didnt give me the smarts, tools and know how to pull from the depths of my psyche to style....

naturalfire
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I&#39;m transitioning, but I have quite a bit of new growth, and I already have HIF! :lol: I love that as I grow out my real hair, I feel as though I am coming home to who I am really supposed to be. I feel more confident and beautiful every day!

vibchil2
05-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I love the texture of my hair because I haven&#39;t seen it in years! I went through an old photo albums of when I was about 3 or 4 years old so that I could see my natural days. Even when my hair wasn&#39;t but an inch or so off my scalp it was straightened!! <_< When I pointed it out to my mom she just laughed. Well nnooo more. I&#39;m happy to be living life in all my nappy glory. :D

mutt_honi
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM
i love my hair the way it is just because i have very little of anything to even call a texture. a man told me yesterday "smile, that&#39;s a pretty *** haircut", and i have to agree. it&#39;s what i imagine i was born with and i love it just the way it is. it allows me to see myself in my natural beauty. i see why the maasai women cut all their hair off. it allows you to truly see yourself.

KnappilyMe
05-05-2006, 10:15 AM
:wub: bump :wub:

blackernsweeter
05-05-2006, 10:23 AM
it has spunk like me. when it was re.laxed it never had spunk. it was depressed. every day is a new adventure. i never know what it&#39;s gonna do next. i take off my scarf in the morning and say, "okay twa, bring it on!" and my hair says, "oh, it&#39;s already been ba-roughted!!" and laughs at me and double dog dares me to make it do what i want it to do. it&#39;s like a wonderful sibling rivalry, we can&#39;t live without eachother. i love my hair cuz it&#39;s personality is just like mine. so there&#39;s days where it wins, (most of the time it does) and i have to walk around with my head held high anyway and say, "yeah, i meant to do that. i combed it this way. i double dog dare you to tell me i&#39;m not fly... i&#39;m cute cuz i say i&#39;m cute." me and my hair, two of a kind.

pookeylou
05-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I absolutely adore my distinctly pookeylou-type hair.

It is unique to me.

I try to explain why I love it so, but how do you explain why you like lilacs over roses? You just do.

I just do.

statontc2
05-05-2006, 11:07 AM
I absolutely love my texture. It&#39;s thicker than any other I have seen in my days of braiding hair. I wish I had made this bold decision years ago when I first thought about it. Everyone was like you will never go natural and now that I have, they all love it. I got others about to jump on the bandwagon and I commend them for it. If I can affect one person a day, I will feel good that I have done something good. Now, I just did the BC 4 days ago and counting, so I am waiting on Oyin products to come and just messing around with my hair. I love it so much I can&#39;t stop touching it. I have a TWA and it looks so cute on me. Just like a newborn baby, I enjoy my TWA cuz I know it will grow up fast. ;)

tafakari
05-05-2006, 11:20 AM
yeaaaaaaaah boyyyyyyyyyy! i swear i never looked so fly before. For some reason, the crazy frizzy spirally coily boing-ness of my hair brings out this confidence i never possessed with straight hair. i think my TWA gave me a new sense of style lol. I&#39;m addicted to jewelry like never before, yet i know i still look lovely without it. i actually like shrinkage...it&#39;s like opening a gift wrap when i comb my hair out and realize it&#39;s longer than i thought. and i know i never played with my straight hair like i do with my naps! i have HIF disease baaaaad. lol. I like my hair simplicity...it&#39;s like me--easygoing.

soblu2
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I love my hair because it &#39;s always a new head of kinks everyday...
i love it because it has a life of it&#39;s own
i love it because it is the me I want to be
I love it because hey... that&#39;s all MINE

bettytoo
05-07-2006, 03:43 AM
I love my hair because its like lambs wool

*~Poohbear~*
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Co-signing to "I LOVE MY HAIR"

Why? ...because it&#39;s me and it&#39;s my God-given hair texture!!!

...and I don&#39;t have to worry about chemical re-laxers anymore! My hair is much stronger and doesn&#39;t suffer any breakage or damage ever since I gave up re-laxers, heat, and harsh products. I also like playing with the springs and coils that grow out of my head! :afro:
[/b]
This is what I said a while back and I still feel the same way! ^_^
*~Poohbear~*

Sassydiva
05-07-2006, 07:10 PM
I love my nappy hair because because its who I am and its the hair i was born with.
I love it because i dont have to spend hours in the mirror. I can fix and go.
I love it because i can run through the rain with out worrying that my hair is going to mess up.
I love my wavy curly nappy hair.
I love it because it has its own mind and does what it wants to do.
I love it because after going natural i have never felt sexier and more beautiful that I do now.

westindiangal
05-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Signing in to profess my love for my hair texture. It talks to me and lets me know when it doesn&#39;t like the products I&#39;m using, it talks to me and lets me know when it&#39;s happy.

NaturalMystery
05-09-2006, 03:24 PM
I don’t remember what my nappy hair texture is :unsure: It’s has been so many years since my hair has not have some kind of heat or chemical process done to it. But NO MATTER what, IT`S MY HAIR whether it comes coolly, coily, curly, nappy, coarse or what. I WILL LOVE IT. After all it is one of Gods many gift to me.

DEElala1925
05-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Oh; I Could sing the praises of my hair texture forever. It;s tactile ,stretchy,wolly.cushy. It makes me smile. NAPPY is no longer an offensive word. Give me 3 hairpins and I;ll give you a style :D .
Comb/ Don;t comb, doesn;t matter, it;s all good!! Viva La Napps. thanks to you DEE.

LadyThoms
05-17-2006, 11:16 AM
I Love my nappy hair now more than ever! Since I relapsed back to the creamy crack, I have been reminded of how much it SUCKED to have relaxed hair and a relaxed routine.

Now that I have decided to embrace once again my natural hair and routine, my hair smells of fruits and is soft and fluffy rather than smelling of burnt hair utensils and feeling greasy and weighted down.

My relaxed ends are shedding, no matter how much care I take of them. Every time in the shower I see lil pieces of hair floating down the drain... mind you, not hair from the root but lil pieces that broke off. All the hairs that came off my natural hair were from the root and it was just their time to shed.

I love my natural hair because it makes me unique. Everywhere I look, I see straight hair (or wannabe straight hair) and my unique texture helps define my indivuality. And even though you see other natural heads from time to time, we&#39;re all sooo different from one head to the next. I love that. Who wants to blend in?

I love my natural hair because after taking a good look around, I think it looks much better on me than relaxed hair, as it should. I mean I was born with it. A head full of healthy coils and naps or a head full of chemically processed, stiff, lifeless, hard, afraid of the elements, un-natural hair... Right now, the choice is crystal clear for me.

I&#39;ve gone natural, relapsed, and am back again. It took that for me to realize that having relaxed hair is definitely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, not for me. I&#39;m going through nappy withdrawal, I can&#39;t wait for MY hair to grow back so I can get rid of this stuff because I love my hair :wub: Not only do I love my hair, but I love YOUR hair too. Nappy hair is beautiful to me! Whenever I see someone with dreds or twists or a nice big fro or a twa, I just look and smile because it&#39;s a lovely thing to see.

Though I know things will come like style ruts or difficult detangling or just frustrating moments (because no relationship is perfect), I know that I just need to think about how much BS comes with that box of chemical fire cream and rekindle the relationship with a new style or accessory, a loving touch, or something to liven the mood.

And I&#39;ve been talking about a long transition, but I&#39;m starting to feel that twinge I felt the first time, God help me lol.

Well, not to ramble on. In conclusion: good times, bad times, whatever may come...I love my hair!

:icon_heartpump:

jenoy
05-17-2006, 02:32 PM
My twists have been up for 2 months, and not one has come undone.

Water can be a moisturizer.

Besides us, who else can do that! :Cool_049:

BuddhaBelly
05-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I love they way it coils around itself, even though it can be annoying to detangle.
I love that when I put my hand in my hair its like sinking into a cloud.
I love that it defies the norm&#39;

Awura Afua
05-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I love :wub: my nappy hair
I love :wub: my nappy hair :D

CoCo2000
10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Okay, I know this thread is over a year old, but instead of beginning a new one on the topic, I did a search to find this one so that those who are new to nappdom who haven&#39;t read it and who might be feeling a little discouraged can read about all of the :wub: we have for our beautiful, God-given hair.

Today&#39;s post: I am wearing three-week-old twists that I really need to take down because I am not ready to loc yet, so they are just as fuzzy as fuzzy can be. Combine that will my hair texture (I like to describe it as the nappiest of the nappy :) ) and you might understand why each time I have gone to the restroom today and glanced in the mirror while washing my hands, I could not help but smile and say out loud, "I really :wub: my hair!"

Cutie McPretty
10-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Because it&#39;s mine :wub:.

QueenScorpio
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Why I love my hair:
It is my personal signature, nobody has hair exactly like mine, just like nobody has skin the exact colour of mine, or eyes the exact shape/colour as mine ect….My hair is 100% unique to me and I love every minute I see it grow from my head :D

tenia0419
10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I love my texture because It fits my personal style, no matter if I am "dressed up" or "dressed down"... I also love it for it&#39;s versatility... I love being able to loosen my curl pattern by braiding and twisting... or reverting it back to it&#39;s tight coil by simply wetting it.. I love the way my hair acts to humidity, unlike when I was p.ressing and p.erming. I used to run from rain drops or humidity.... Finally ( I know, I could keep going), I love my texture/nappy hair because I feel like it is my Crown... I feel like the queen that I am, totally accepting and loving what I have been given....

Kelicia
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I love my hair&#39;s texture because it&#39;s a representation of the type of person I am....strong, flexible, ever changing, and beautiful!!!

Miss V
10-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I absolutely love my hair and no I wouldn&#39;t change it for the world. I love my hair texture because it is tightly coiled which is good for my SisterLocks because my locs will loc faster!

AfroAngel67
10-19-2006, 10:18 PM
I love my napps. My hair is very kinky with springy coils, i&#39;m constantly playing in my hair all day pulling the coils and feeling them snap back. I just took twist out of my twa and have been wearing a twist out all week.. i love it my hair just does what it does. Its a beautiful thing :)

LadyBug13
10-20-2006, 12:10 AM
I love my texture because it&#39;s versatile. If I want it tight, I&#39;ll wear a shrunken TWA. If I want it to stretch, I&#39;ll twist it or band it. It&#39;s whatever I make it. My texture is tight, loose, curly, coily, everything under the sun!

MelanieRaven29
10-20-2006, 08:06 AM
I love my hair texture because it is &#39;CUSTOM MADE&#39; by The Almighty Most High, just like my skin.

It&#39;s so purty :wub: and soft!! If it were any thicker I&#39;d cry, If it were any thinner I&#39;d cry. It&#39;s in-between...medium, just like everything else on me!!

LadyThoms
10-20-2006, 09:35 AM
ME! i do, now that i&#39;m figuring out how to take care of it. i guess you can say i love my textureS. i think i have every nappy texture available on my head. they all just seem to come together and it works. i don&#39;t have to create texture because it comes naturally - which means less work for me! my hair doesn&#39;t lie flat on my head. that doesn&#39;t even fit my personality, so i&#39;m confused as to why i was relaxing for all those years. i hate looking average, and with my hair, i don&#39;t have to. i can&#39;t wait to see my textures at longer lengths now that i&#39;m taking better care of the hair.

tamikalee312
10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
I love my hair absolutely it is truly unique and I haven&#39;t found anything like it. I still wonder and wish I had never gotten a perm EVER. I love that my hair is KINKY and NAPPY. People still go all out of their way to say oh it is not all the BAD. Which is ignorant but what can you do but keep doing you, I digress. My hair is slow to gro, has incredible shrinkage, is an off browny/black, that hairdressers were always wanting me to color, has the dichotomy of being strong yet fragile and I love it all. I am still learning my hair and overall feel really good about.

I have really given up the idea that I am going to have hair that acts like other peoples with different textures and lengths.

All that said to say.... I love my hair! :wub:

Rese
10-20-2006, 01:36 PM
I love my hair :wub: because its part of me and who I am.

srdetroit
10-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I love my texture because I have curls that no weak chemical fire cream could ever give me :wub:

raventhorne
10-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I love my hair definitely because it&#39;s mine. But what I love the most about my hair is its strength. I have serious HIF disease, and every time I pull on my strands I love how I can feel their strength and their unrelenting desire to return back to their natural coil. It reminds me so much of my people and my history. And more than anything else about me helps me feel connected with Africa and my story.

tahmin
10-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I love the texture- it&#39;s smooth, coily, wavy, curly, frizzy and kinky. I love to play in my hair.

I love that it ties me to my children - it is like my daughter&#39;s hair but not the same, with lots of coffee stirrer coils that are best left alone; that my oldest son&#39;s hair is wavy in front like mine; that my baby son has edges that make little o&#39;s just like mine do.

I love it&#39;s strength, it&#39;s versatility, it&#39;s character.

I love that it is like my father&#39;s and my mother&#39;s and in my head they see the hair of their parents.

I love that even though my family says that my hair is just like ________&#39;s (fill in family member&#39;s name), it is really unique to only me.

I love that loving my hair brings me a certain freedom.

I love that it was lovingly and thoughtfully created just for me.

Ms-gg
10-21-2006, 10:15 PM
this is something I am still strugglin to embrace...coming off of 15 or more years as a permy this is still a lttle foreign to me...but I love how easy it is to style....I love the fact that natural hair styles itself....I love how strong my hair finally is...wow....that is better than anything to me
&#39;my burnt hair would break at any little tug....Im suprise I had hair...my hair has never been so strong in its life...I tug at my hair and it doesnt snap ah!

Secrets
10-23-2006, 07:26 AM
I love my hair because it was what I was gifted with from birth. Its also soft and beautiful the way it is. Moreover I make a statement with my napps because its who I am-my personality:-Strong & Confident in myself. Love my napps.

turnergirl
10-23-2006, 09:38 AM
I love my hair because for once it is living. Forget what people say about hair being dead skin cells. When you keep the creamy crack from your hair it retains life. When the air is humid and creamy crackheads are complaining about limp curless hair, my hair begins to rise and my kinks and curls start their assent to toward the sun. When the fall winds begin to blow my BAA moves about gently in conjunction with the elements. I love my hair because it is not trained to sit but instead reacts to nature with which it is one.

mena97
10-23-2006, 09:53 AM
i love that my hair grows straight up out of my head, holding itself up proudly like, "look at me, i am beautiful and desirable."

i love that when it&#39;s wet it has these spirals everywhere that seem more prevalent as it grows longer.

i love that when i twist it up it fluffs out and feels so soft.

i love finding random little curls in my hair - they feel like old friends :wub:

Batyah
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I love my hair texture simply because it&#39;s apart of me and it&#39;s mine! My hair is thick and pretty. I love playing in it and I just love touching it period. :wub:

blackheart
10-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I love my hair because it gives me confidence.. its curly... its thicker than ever before.. and most of all it is FREE!!!

mymy
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I love my hair and texture because it is the true me. Its comforting to touch it and know that my coils will always be there as long as I respect them and take care of them. I love my hair because she tells me exactly what she likes and doesn&#39;t like and expects me to listen to what she&#39;s saying. Yes, my hair has a gender. :blush: And my hair is part of what makes me unique because there may be others that have similar hair to mine, but no one has the exact same head of hair.
Nice thread.

mj11051
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I love my texture because it allows me to be me and it&#39;s so curly :lol:

Hadasah
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
I&#39;ve got a lot of options when it comes to my hair. If I want to make it cloudy, I can comb it out; I&#39;d just put product if I want to have it coily. I can change the length with or without cutting and I can go into the shower without a cap. It&#39;s easier to manage without a r.elaxer and I spend sooo much less money.

Dae-Min
06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I especially love my coils and spirals because it fits me and who I am and it&#39;s my own natural style.
I like to pull on the spirals and watch them spring back up ^_^

sistasweetpea
06-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I love my texture :wub: :wub:

It is soo much easier than when I had r.elaxed hair

Most days I can just wash and go, and have people in awe wondering what I did to my hair to get it like that

I can comb it out if I want a big cloud on top of my head

I love touching it, it is so soft

It taught me how to finally care for hair, and how to style

I :wub: my hair!!!

Keonsmommy
06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I love my texture. . .becasue it&#39;s mine. It&#39;s kinky, it&#39;s coily, it&#39;s curly. . .I love it all!

Fuesha
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Great thread Dee :) I love my texture cause IT"S MINE ALL MINE! No matter how hard they try to simulate it, or even if its human hair, it cant be bought in any store. I love all three ( tightly coiled, extra corse, straight) of my textures!

JustAnotherNappyGirl
06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I love my hair texture because it&#39;s thick and luscious...it&#39;s totally gravity-defying from every angle! :wub: It holds twists forever and would loc easily if I so desired. My hair is adamant about it&#39;s texture. :lol: Nothing keeps it down.

iLoveBlu3
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I love my hair texture because its easy to manage. I think the coils are cute and decieving. My twa makes me look like 2 month old :lol: .

euridice
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
i love my hair because it is soft, coily and bouncy like a cloud. when it is wet, all i need to do is wrap coils around my finger to define them and by the end of the day i have a shrunken, tight coiled fro. this week i have not put any product in my hair ... and it is still shiny. Shrinkage is really cool.

sexyblu82
06-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I love my texture because it fits my personality.

My texture gives me options.

I love freaking people out by wearing a different hair style each day of the week.

I keep it healthy and my hair keeps me looking fabulous. Its a win-win situation!