PDA

View Full Version : Extrem Makeover!!!! natural to perm

nap2bfree
11-19-2003, 03:11 PM
I watched Extrem Makeover on Thursday.

They had this beutiful natural sister on the show. She looked like she had been natural for about 1yr and 6mo. she had a clef lip. that she wanted fixed and a few other things. anyway when they finished her operations. it was time for hair and make up. they took her to this african ameican guy who is supposedly a hair styles to the stars. She was sitting in the chair and this hair styles grabs a hand full of her hair and says "lord have mercy girl we need to fix this mess quick, We are first going to start off with a relaxer to get rid of these kinks in her head." :fight I could look at her face and tell she was not wanting a relaxer ,but allowed it anyway (maybe because it was tv) any way after he relaxed her hair it was shoulder length. he then puts weave in here hair :oops: So she will really have hair damage and look fake :doh

This hair stylist him self has a perm that is shoulder length. so I guess he feels like everyone should look like him. >:(

If I were a hair stylist I would educate myself on all hair types (natural, perm, locks, white, japanese, et..) and not discourage others or make rude comments on my clients hair. I would give advice when needed or asked. pertaining to the need of the hair.

If I were on the show I would have told them I am not getting a perm and would have asked for a diffrant stylist. That would have been the best time to let the world know that nappy, kinky, coily, curly, wavy hair is beutiful :rainfro

What would you have done? Mind you you are on tv.

Nap2bfree

lvnmykinks
11-19-2003, 03:26 PM
I've come too far to turn back now.
I would have gotten that together before I went on the show. You know, I had this nightmare that someone was putting a perm on my hair, and I woke up out my dream, pissed off! So I know I would have had to yell CUT! :oops: Poor girl. I bet she'll have a twa in about 6 months.
I can't believe that fool of a stylist would tell her something like that, on TV. :oops:
But actually I can. >:(

Ravensholst
11-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I'da shut that down before it even got started. When I saw the stylist looking like he did, I would have told him before he even opened his permed lips not to even think about relaxing my beautiful naps. If he couldnt deal with it...too darn bad.

interplanetjanet
11-19-2003, 04:40 PM
I saw that show and it made me cringe when he made that comment. I fthought that it was very ignorant on his part. However, when he made the comment the woman laughed and when he said that he was going to put a relaxer in her hair she did agree. I just didn't see the point if you are going to relaz her hair, braid it up in cornrows just to put a weave cap. It didn't make sense to me.

If it was me I would have told him to leave my hair alone.

babygurl
11-19-2003, 04:50 PM
We're talk ing about this in another thread...
Couldn't have he sewn the hair piece on with her natural hair braided!!! Duh...

Ebony
11-19-2003, 05:40 PM
The main thread is here:
http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboar...topic=16232&hl= (http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboard/index.php?showtopic=16232&hl=)

And there was another repeat thread here also:
http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboar...topic=16281&hl= (http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboard/index.php?showtopic=16281&hl=)

hth's :thumbsup

sjdancer
11-20-2003, 03:17 AM
:rolleyes

Mia Mia
11-20-2003, 04:36 AM
she should have said " :nohuh "

Geminibrown78
11-20-2003, 06:36 AM
I would have taken his Little Richard wanna-be self and tossed him across the room. :duck

Johneigirl
11-24-2003, 08:03 PM
I saw that episode!! I couldn't believe she just sat there and accepted that...He truely did look like a Little Richard impersonator. :-cre I told my husband that if I were on that show I'd let them do all the "lipo" they wanted but there was NO WAY I would let them perm my hair!! (box

locd4life
12-24-2003, 04:49 PM
i agree with babygurl...that could've braided the natural hair...maybe she wanted the perm.

honeychild
12-24-2003, 08:04 PM
ok, i am CRACKING UP that Ravensholst said he 'opened his permed lips' to say something. BWA HA HA HA HA

SweetAfrica
12-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by honeychild@Dec 24 2003, 04:04 PM
ok, i am CRACKING UP that Ravensholst said he 'opened his permed lips' to say something. BWA HA HA HA HA
Me too :lol I missed this the first time around :)

natitwists
12-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Yea I'm sorry but um I would have gotten that mess straight from get go. I would be like: I appreciate all advice and help that you all are giving me but I am NOT willing to perm my hair. I would prefer someone well versed in the art of taking care of black natural hair as I have chosen not to perm my hair. I like me and while I may need work I don't need my hair fixed. A cute style will suffice! :-)

If they couldn't comply oh well ,me and old boy would have had a fight going on. As soon as I would have saw him with a perm in his head I would been ready for his butt!!

shuaia
12-25-2003, 12:27 AM
i saw that episode the first time it ran & i was so pissed when he belittled her hair on national tv going on & on in all of his unnatural, permed ignorance. i mean really. wasn't it he who looked the fool? he knows that a man w/a perm ain't cute. i forget his name, but that is jackee's ex-husband. puleeze!!!! :fight