PDA

View Full Version : Crockpot Veggie Curry

luvmylocs
11-19-2003, 05:11 PM
I can't really remember where I got this recipe from, but I tried this for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it is REALLY THA BOMB, and oh so easy!! My husband was almost licking the plate. lololol!! You'll love it if you like dishes with curry and coconut. I prepared mine exactly as stated, except that I didn't put the rice in it, I prepared my rice seperately, and poured this over top, and I also didn't use the cashews. Try it out and let me know what cha think. I hope y'all enjoy as much as I did......

Curried Vegetable Rice

An easy and delicious vegetable curry with rice. Colorful
and spicy.

3 cups coarsely chopped red potatoes
2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potatoes
1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs grated fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 (14-oz) can vegetable broth
1 (13.5-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup dry-roasted cashews

Add the first 9 ingredients to your crockpot; stir the
ingredients to mix them up. Pour the broth and coconut
milk over the vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for
7-8 hours. Stir in the rice and frozen peas; cover and
cook 5 more minutes. Ladle mixture onto individual plates
and sprinkle with cashews.

marissasensei
11-19-2003, 10:28 PM
This looks delicious! :thumbsup

I will definitely be trying this one once the weather gets a little cooler.

CrazeeDCoil
11-19-2003, 11:55 PM
That sounds so yummy! Do you think i could convert that to a raw recipe?

luvmylocs
11-20-2003, 02:25 PM

Hmmmmm, I don't know about eating potatoes raw. I think you can try it with different veggies, like maybe brocolli and cauliflower. I'd add the spices, onions, carrots, and peas to it as the recipes states, mix it up real good, then pour over the coconut milk and broth and let it marinate (sp?) overnight. Man, this raw version actually sounds kinda good! I might try it myself... lol

If you try it out, let me know how it works for ya!

Not sure if coconut milk and veggie broth are considered raw???

sarakh
11-20-2003, 02:45 PM
I am going to try this for Thanksgiving or Kwanzaa! I loooove coconut milk and curry so this is right up my alley. I'll post comments after I make the first batch. Thanks, sis!

CrazeeDCoil
11-20-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by luvmylocs@Nov 20 2003, 03:25 PM

Hmmmmm, I don't know about eating potatoes raw. I think you can try it with different veggies, like maybe brocolli and cauliflower. I'd add the spices, onions, carrots, and peas to it as the recipes states, mix it up real good, then pour over the coconut milk and broth and let it marinate (sp?) overnight. Man, this raw version actually sounds kinda good! I might try it myself... lol

If you try it out, let me know how it works for ya!

Not sure if coconut milk and veggie broth are considered raw???
I think I could get raw coconut milk. even if I have to chop open a couple of coconuts myself lol!

It does sound good! I wonder if I could make my own raw veggie broth out of juicing the veggies?

I'll try to make this recipe one weekend and repost how it turns out! I think the soaking over night thing sounds right to me.

Thanks! :)