PDA

View Full Version : salon selectives loosely defined users

silvi
02-14-2003, 03:55 PM
ok. i found some and i want to try it but i am trying not to buy and products for 7 days. you know the challenge. i am out of town and need to leave before my7 days are up, is it worth it. those of you who use it, how are you using? how often? does it build up? how long is your hair? do you use shampoo or not? i am just trying to figure out if i should get all (6 bottles or none).
:lol: :roll: :lol:

Honeycomb
02-14-2003, 04:12 PM
I bought 2 bottles a few months ago from Big Lots for $1.99 each, and I immediately tried it on my hair and I was not impressed. My hair was about 1" and after it dried, it felt dry. I tried it again recently, in a different way, just condition my hair and put the product on, but still I was not impressed, and my hair is almost 3" now. I am going to keep it because one day it may work for me, but right now it does nothing.

naturalchick
02-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Save yr money. I bought this after hearing all the raves and this did nothing for my hair. I think its supposed to be used on wet hair - like a puff or for wearing hair out but it did nothing for me, just left white residue as it dried. The oinly time I use it now is w/ Rusk Wired and I mix them beacause wired is too heavy to me and SSLD is too runny. Anyway I would'nt recommend but its all up to you. My hairs shoulder lenghth when straight - I' m a natural type 4a/b.

spacetygrss
02-14-2003, 06:48 PM
I used it in the summer time when I was making twists for wearing twist outs. It gives your twist outs EXCEPTIONAL definition. I never tried it on puffs or anything b/c I didn't think that it would be useful.

Basically, if you plan on using it for twist-outs, then it's worth the money.

Nubiyan
02-14-2003, 06:53 PM
I use SSLD for roller sets and it works very very well.

I'm still tranisitioning and have 4a hair. I have about 3 inches of natural hair and about 5 inches of relaxed hair.

KinkyCoils
02-15-2003, 03:55 AM
I agree with Nubiyan. While I was transitioning (I'm natural now) I used it for rod/roller sets and it worked nicely. Once I went natural, with 1- 1.5 inces of hair it didn't do anything to my 4a/b hair. Although I do agree with Spacetygrss about using it for twistouts, it'll probably work wonderfully for that.

Niafloda2001
02-15-2003, 03:58 AM
Where can I get SSLD? I've asked this question before and have been promised by many people that they would send me their SSLD that they weren't using. I"m a broke college student. Someone help me please!

silvi
02-15-2003, 05:43 AM
Thanks to all the responses, I think I will pass on this. I really don't need it and I am trying to stop buying so many products.
:lol: :roll: :roll:

Where can I get SSLD?

Niafloda2001 , I just happened on some in a Food Lion. From what i've heard the product has been discontinued but some places still have some in stock. 8)

ajargon
02-16-2003, 07:26 PM
When I first heard about this,everyone had really goodthings to say about it. I ended up swapping for 2 bottles. I tried it and I am so glad that I didn't waste my cash! i don't like it,my hair doesn't like it.I love the ISO bouncy cream though. To me that brings out the curl definition that really lookes good.It smells great,and it's really lightweight! I will not ever use my other bottle of ssld. Does any one wanna swap for the bouncy creme?PM me to let me know if you are interested!

Bronze Brown
02-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Yeah I bought a bottle as well after hearing the big rave over it. Funny enough it was only after I bought it that I realized the people that were having the most success with it over at nc.com were 2c's & 3a's :) . It has the consistency of a lotion which is way too thin to have an effect on my hair. So if you're looking to it as a curl definer and you're a 4a/3c (that's what I am), save your money. A much more worthy product, which also happens to be by Salon Selectives, is the Controlled Substance Molding Putty. I've been using it since last summer and it has consistently worked. I was thinking of giving the half-bottle of SSLD that I have left to my cuz, but I think I'll try the roller set idea first.