PDA

View Full Version : Oh What To Do! What To Do?

Nappturalaw
09-07-2005, 06:23 PM
[FONT=Arial]I purchased a home in Sept. 2002 and am not happy about my decision to buy in the area I purchased this Nice home. Now don't get me wrong the house is NICE!!! but I am so far away from the family and it sometimes gets lonely being away from everyone and then last week someone broke into my home and i wasn't so disturb about the items taken as I was about how long it took my dad and brother to get there.

Should I think about selling after only being there 3 years or should I weather through this storm and stay put? I am so stressed out about this that I barely eat.

Nappturality

Schiffon
09-08-2005, 02:21 PM
If you want to be closer to your family, why allow a home to stand in your way? It sounds like being nearer to your family is more important to you. Act in accordance with your priorities.

Nappturalaw
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Schiffon@Sep 8 2005, 02:21 PM
If you want to be closer to your family, why allow a home to stand in your way? It sounds like being nearer to your family is more important to you. Act in accordance with your priorities.

Thanks for those kind words Schiffon. When I was purchasing I was looking more into what looks nice and not realizing the distance between me and those who I care so much about and so much has happened (Hurricane Katrina one big thing) since then that I feel that being around your loved ones is what is best for most people including me. But I was so worried about whether to sell for little money or stay and be miserable about where I am, that I thought I would reach out to my napptural sisters for some type of insight and/or support thank you.

By the way schiffon I love your LOCS!!!

Nappturalaw

Alas1119
10-03-2005, 06:26 PM
If I were in your shoes, I would sell my house to be closer to my family.

Right now I'm living in NYC and my entire immediate family relocated to the state of Delaware this year. I miss my parents, sisters, niece & nephew. I have a close relationship with them (particularly my mother and niece) and it's hard during holidays, birthdays and other family functions due to the distance.

I'm here with my husband but I would still prefer to be near my family. So next year, I'm leaving my job of 16 years, packing up to move to DE. Hubby is coming too, so don't think I'm leaving him behind. :D We're looking to buy a house anyway and the real estate market is MUCH more affordable than here in NYC. Once we get settled in, my mother-in-law is going to retire and move down near us.

So we'll all be one big happy family again!

Just remember...no one on their deathbed has ever said that they wish they spent more time at a job (or in your case, a house). ;)

MsPebbles
10-07-2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Schiffon@Sep 8 2005, 09:21 AM

I agree. It all depends on what you want. What ever you decide, get an alarm on your house Boo.