PDA

View Full Version : Your fav CD product

BrownsuggaDIVA
02-14-2003, 09:50 PM
I am new to this napptural journey and enjoying it in the process. I just received my first batch of CD products in the mail yesterday. I just wanted to know how many of you use her products, which ones, and why? I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly..(if there is any :wink:

thanx :D

spacetygrss
02-14-2003, 10:02 PM
I use the Healthy Hair Butter and the Mimosa Hair Honey. I have been using a mixture of the two products on my twists this winter. They are really great for locking in moisture. My twists remain moist for about 4-5 days before I need to spray my braid-spray on them. They are also shiny with these two products.

I also have the Hair milk. I have yet to use it for anything. I really just bought it so that my order would come to enough for me to justify order online. :wink: I'll probably try it for summer-time hair.

I doubt that I will use the HHB in the summer. It seems like it would be too heavy. It's definitely great for this cold weather though.

HTH

jetcitygirl
02-14-2003, 10:30 PM
I like the HHB too and recently decided to try Marguerites's Magic which I think is even better than HHB. It's very similiar in moisturizing ability but it's lighter-sort of "whipped"- and without the strong scent. I mix it with a little water based hair wax I got from Sally's when I want to keep a "wet hair" look. I love the smell of the MMH but I still haven't found a real use for it. It's not as moisturizing as the HHB but it does give a nice shine to hair (my hairs pretty shiny already) and smells heavenly!
I like the Black Vanilla hair rinse too because it smells so good. I put mine in a spray bottle and just spritz it on my hair after I get out of the shower.
Didn't like the hair milk-too greasy. Didn't like Lisa's Elixer-too grainy
Didn't like the hair balm- too sticky-icky. I gave away my Kizzi because I wasn't into pomades when I bought it (was wearing a twa) but now it would come in handy for my ponytails. The khamet amen oil had too strong a smell for me! The HHB has been to heavy to use in the warm weather but it's wonderful in the cold.

allnaturalgirl
02-14-2003, 10:51 PM
I am new to this napptural journey and enjoying it in the process. I just received my first batch of CD products in the mail yesterday. I just wanted to know how many of you use her products, which ones, and why? I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly..(if there is any :wink:

thanx :D

I've tried the Healthy Hair Butter, Mimosa Hair Honey, and Hair Milk. The HHB is my favorite. The only time I use the MHH is when I smooth or brush my hair back in a puff. The Hair Milk worked great for my TWA, but not after it started growing. Plus I didn't like how the product separated. I ended up giving it away.

Jetcitygirl has me intrigued by Marguerites's Magic. I am just about out of the HHB...I feel the PJ coming out :lol: .

Milcah
02-15-2003, 12:35 AM
When I used it, the Kizzi pomade was my favorite.

elleebeme5
02-15-2003, 12:54 AM
I like the HHB for my TWA. When it really short, the Hair Milk and MHH made it so shiny and soft. I'll re-order HHB and MHH next month in large sizes. But I'm going to order hair milk in the smallest size; anymore I just use it as a leave-in - sometimes.

Being recovering PJ, I guess I have to buy some Margaurite's Magic now.

Knottygal
02-15-2003, 01:25 AM
I just received my order yesterday.

I love the scent of the Khoren Amen Oil.

I haven't tried the Hair Milk Yet.

She has a fragrance spray 1989 thats smells wonderful. I get a lot of compliments about it.

marissasensei
02-15-2003, 02:04 AM
My favorite CD products are her fragrance oils. Relatively cheap, portable, and the scents themselves last a long time (on me, anyway). I'm not too crazy about the hair care b/c of the ingredients she uses, but I'll continue to order her fragrance oils.

Amarige
02-15-2003, 02:09 AM
Mimosa Hair Honey--I use it on twist. It leaves a really nice shine and somewhat of a "hold" for me (compared to other twist products). The shine last for days. I love LOVE the smell.

Healthy Hair Butter--I use it on twist. It leaves my ends with the same feel as the rest of the twist. I've had some problems in the past with the ends of my twist feeling a little dry, and with this product that isn't an issue. Twist-out are soft. I enjoy the smell; earthy.

Tui Oil--Great smell; not much else.

Hair Milk--I won't order it again. Bad smell, bad results or maybe I should say-no results.

Curlysaurus
02-15-2003, 02:38 AM
I adore my Mimosa Hair Honey. Like spacetygrss said, it really locks in moisture. I even used a little dab of that stuff on my yucky chapped lips.

I love Khoret Amen Hair Oil 'cause it's very earthy and woodsy.

I've used Marguerite's Magic. It wasn't bad but it didn't too much for me either. I was afraid it would get "bad" so I kept it in the fridge --> mistake :oops: . Cold just made it gritty.

The Hair Milk didn't really work for me either but it smelled nice (lily of the valley?). The product tended to separate.

Naturaljoy
02-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Mimosa Hair Honey- Love it, works great and smells good!

Healthy Hair Butter-Don't like it, hate the smell

Hair Milk- Don't like it, too oily, seperates terribly, smell is ok

tran68
02-15-2003, 06:27 PM
been using the HHB since October and the smell doesn't even bother me anymore, it really helped my hair feel really soft through these winter months...I like Marguerite's Magic for moisture as well, the Mimosa is my summertime moisturizer because it's lighter in consistency and gives great sheen. Gave the hair milk away.

dembasamba
02-15-2003, 08:09 PM
HHB--a staple. Very very moisturizing w/out being greasy. A winner.
MMH--Retired. Great shine/scent, not much else.
Tui Oil--retired, Great scent but too much cornoil. I am moving to Johoba oil or Coconut oil.
Kizzie--uncertain if I will repurchase. Great shine for updos, great scent but no real "impact" on hair.

Ocean from CD is one of my favorite scents. I wish her store was more "user friendly" though. :wink:

KristiK
02-15-2003, 08:24 PM
'Ocean' bath/body oil and the 'Sea' jelly--I love wearing these two in the summer. I get sooo many compliments on the smell and gloss of my skin.

Nother vote for Black vanilla rinse(smells like cookies)---this guy that sat behind me last year in mgmt. comm class, said I used to make him hungry with the way my hair smelled(so I guess it works)

HHB--works really great for thick, dry napptural hair. I use it mostly for two-strand twists at night.

DO NOT LIKE:

the chocolate bath salts---ugh!
the chocolate body lotion-ugh!
the gelee de soleil-----too strongly scented and greasy!

Info
02-15-2003, 08:45 PM
DO NOT LIKE:

the chocolate bath salts---ugh!
the chocolate body lotion-ugh!
the gelee de soleil-----too strongly scented and greasy![/quote]

I'm glad you mentioned this, Kristi I was just looking at those. The chocolate stuff is the only stuff I haven't tried...Wait, I just remembered, I put myself on product restriction :cry: I HAVE used a whole lot of her stuff, I can tell anyone about her skincare line, soaps, perfumes, oils, hair stuff, body and um.shampoos and conditioners. My FAVORITE skin cream is the Mango Body Butter. I like the big tub and it is very moisturizing. I think I o'd on her stuff when I first stopped relaxing and didn't quit til January of this year,lol.

sweetcurl
02-15-2003, 09:42 PM
I Love HHB - my hair is 4b and very dry and using a dab on each twist while twisting my hair gives me excellent results. (Moisturizing!!!!)
Mimosa Hair Honey works well for my daughters conrowed style- amazing shine and great smell. Doesnt do squat for my hair (Darn)
I absolutely love CD Salt scrubs-when i tell you that I am an "ash" queen in the winter it's an understatement!!!(LOL) :P
I like the almond cookie one it has a heavy base that keeps meash free all day!!!!

elleebeme5
02-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Mimosa Hair Honey works well for my daughters conrowed style- amazing shine and great smell.

How do you apply it for her cornrows? Before you braid? As you're doing it?

lydicarol
02-16-2003, 02:49 AM
I'm a big fan of CD products, here's what I've used/use:

Healthy Hair Butter: I absolutely love this product, no matter what the season is I use on my shampoo days to moisturize my twists. The smell is overpowering but I've gotten used to it and I like it. It leaves my hair feeling extremely soft and shiny.

Black Vanilla Rinse: absolutely love the smell but it didn't do much for me. I used this primarily when I had 2 strand twist extensions.

Hair Milk: A couple of years ago this was the product for me but my acne flared up so my dermatologist (thinking that this may be the cause) recommended that I switch and use something else. The fact that it continually separated as well was a hassle.

Mimos Hair Honey: This is great for shine but after some time I realized that I could obtain the same results and more with simply using jojoba oil.

Tui Hair Oil: nice scent but greasy (thumbs down)

Khomet Ahmen Hair Oil: ok scent don't recall too much about any benefits of using this but I know that I didn't want to purchase it again

Hair Balm: love the smell but way too greasy for my hair.

Honey Butter: If I could personally justify the cost, I would always buy this. This butter made my normally dry skin feel so soft and smooth.

CEE26
02-16-2003, 05:30 PM
mimosa hair honey....(second jar)...use to add shine, use for twist/braid outs, slick down my edges...but i might tried to make my own...

hair milk..still in the frig..haven't used yet..(not in a hurry)
tui oil..great smell..did nothing for me
lady day rinse..haven't used yet

when i first started to go natural i bought her products. i only order from her twice..the first order: 2oz hair milk, 2oz mimosa hair honey. lady rinse, smallest tui oil..i only order the mimosa hair honey on my second order...i'm not a fan of hers..

nubian indigo
02-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Mimosa Hair Honey -- Most definitely my favorite...great shine & scent. Twists love it.

Kizzi -- Have a tin left but I have not really used it alot (except for the experimenting) and plan to use it this spring & summer for any sort of pulled back / up doo... :D

That's about it and all that I use from there...and I honestly don't see me having to buy much more if any...I have enough that I want to finish up. Not because the effectiveness has grown inferior or anything like that...

Recovering product junkie doing well...now :lol: 8) :lol:

zulumama
02-18-2003, 07:01 AM
I am sooo happy to say that i proudly use the loc butter. My locks were screaming thank you!!I This product is light,smells great and lasts a very long time because it is highly concentrated. I also likt that it is not greasy...I am looking forward to ordering the mimosa hair honey this weekend!!

Keepitnatural
02-18-2003, 03:53 PM
I love CD products. The Hair Milk I am on my second bottle I use them primarily has my leave in after I wash my hair. The Mimosa Hair Honey I use when I twist great smell and shine. The Hair Butter I use when I 2 strand twist and retwist with it after 4days.

CurlsWannaHaveFun
02-18-2003, 07:23 PM
I posted this earlier today at nc.com in answer to a similar question.

When my hair was shorter and I was in more of a product junkie phase, I used a lot of CD
Hair milk---for wash and go. I like the lemongrass scent but some find it strong but it seems to fade quickly after application

Hair Honey---yummy smell, great to smooth fly aways when I put my hair up/back

Maguerite's magic---a nice product but if you tend to be heavy handed in application (like me) kindof a mess. Great rose scent.

Khoret Amen and Tui oils---Back when I used oils I swore by them. The KA is very herbal/medicinal smelling the Tui smells like fruit (melons). Used the KA as a hot oil treatment as well and for braiding up the hair

HH Butter---again careful with product application. Good with twists though sometimes got whitehead.

Kizzi--yummy fruity pomade for flyaways

Herbal hair rinses---vanilla is yummy---use in spray bottle to refresh hair on non wash days (aka too cold to get my hair wet).

Shea butter skin smoothie---great hydrating cream for super dry skin in winter. Can double as a deep conditioner for hair (moisturizing). Really thick but works into skin well.

I also love her bath salts.

HTH

You guys reminded me of the hair balm---loved the smell but too oily/greasy for me.

AKAHLF
02-22-2003, 01:47 PM
I have used the HHB, Hair Milk, Hair Balm, MHH. I have to say that the HHB and MHH are my favorites. I usually mix the two for dbl strand twists. This combo makes my hair very soft and easier to comb when damp. The other products I use as leave-ins.

As for the body products....
I LOVE the ocean fragrance. Anything in Ocean I will buy.
The face butter and toner are awesome - they make my face smooth and pimple-free.
The Mango butter is wonderful - the scent is delicious and the cream is easy to rub in.

bigmalik
02-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I am sooo happy to say that i proudly use the loc butter. My locks were screaming thank you!!I This product is light,smells great and lasts a very long time because it is highly concentrated. I also likt that it is not greasy...

Me too! :D

Or I just haven't found a product in comparison to CD Loc Butter to replace it. Any one who has converted from this product to something else and is happily satisfied, please let me know (just email or message me).... I would like to hear from 'the satisfied product junkie'! :wink:

-Malik
http://bigmalik.com

EarthTones
02-22-2003, 10:53 PM
Healthy Hair Butter- Love it! Great moisturizer..I put it on at night before bed, every 4 days or so, and it works wonders!

Mimosa Hair Honey- I love this product for good sheen!

Shea Butter Skin Smoothie- this is a great product for the body, but I have also used it in my hair at the recommendation of a girl that works in the store. She said you can use it as a deep conditioner but I have used it as a leave in and it works great!

Kizzie- ok, I can take it or leave it

Hair Milk- I can't get past that smell....eeek!

Slightly off -topic: Lisa Price's, the owner of Carol's Daughter, mother Carol passed away on Valentine's Day. :angel: May she rest in peace.

Curlysaurus
02-23-2003, 03:25 AM
Lisa Price's, the owner of Carol's Daughter, mother Carol passed away on Valentine's Day. :angel: May she rest in peace.

How sad! :( Lisa named her business in loving tribute to her Mom. . . Maybe I'll send Lisa a card or something.

blkrighteousspace1
02-23-2003, 07:14 PM
:wink: Well...i've tried a lot of CD products....i'm a product addict like several of the sistas on here

mimosa hair honey: i'm crazy about it, i use it to oil my twists when i get them....it's not too oil, and it doesn't make my twists friz up too much

healthy hair butter: good to use in the winter, but if you aren't using it anymore....keep it refridgerated or it will congeal.

coconut body milk: HATED IT :mad: it seperated and the lotiony part clumped together at the bottom, and the oil rose to the top.....it's in my fridge....the scent is mediocre, maybe i got a bad batch

ocean shampoo & water rinse: the rinse is good if you want to make your twists puff kinda quick, if you wear the thin 2-strands like i do. The ocean shampoo is average.....i could have gone back to using Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap...the liquid is good on my hair....it removes a LOT of styling product build up, and gives your scalp a nice tingle (shameless plug)

love butter & bittersweet spray: LIVE FOR IT!!! I had men walking up and smelling me @ the Underground. My fiancee loves it on me....and so does his 3 month old niece....for some odd reason she's quicker to fall asleep on me when i wear it.

I'll list more products....because i just made another order :D

jmnappy
02-24-2003, 05:56 PM
healthy hair butter: this is my absolute fave CD product, it's good for twists, bantu knots, and overall moisture.

hair milk: great for use after washing

mimosa hair honey: great for shine & to keep away frizz

BrownsuggaDIVA
02-26-2003, 04:55 PM
well, would you know, i was at stone mountain park in metro atl and decided to go up the mtn for my workout that day. i stopped over halfway to the top and was checking out downtown atl on a rock and just enjoying the scenery when this white lady and her family comes by on their way down the mtn. she says to me, "you smell great! we could smell you as we got closer" (the wind of course was blowing in their face) i had to think about that for a sec. wait a min! i have been sweating and she thinks i smell great. then i realized i had my hands in my hair and could smell the CD products in the air around me. what she smelled was the CD products i had on my hair that day! :roll:

Azure
02-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Hair Milk - strong smell but it goes away quickly after applying. The separating irks me. Didn't really do anything for my hair, but I'll try it again when I'm totally naptural.

elleebeme5
02-27-2003, 02:36 AM
I have noticed that when I buy small amounts of hair milk, there is no separation.

Note: I ordered some items last Sunday, they arrived today making that 10 days which is better than it was last spring.

MzDacia
03-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Marguerite's Magic - I used this stuff on my 2 strand twist and I can see a BIG differnece.

I love the Milk, and Mimosa hair honey.

I just got my HHB yesterday so we will see.

Oh yeah!! The Vanilla mango incense are lovely.. They smell fab!!

kizzie
03-06-2003, 05:17 PM
HEALTHY HAIR BUTTER- love it, I t helps keep my twist soft. I put it on in the mornings after the shower to help lock on moisture and soften and at nite for further protection

HONEY MIMOSA - love the smell, but ia believe jojoba oil can give the same results as far as shine goes

HAIR MILK - I actually like this stuff, even tho' it seperates It also keeps my hair soft. I keep some in the gym locker for after shower.

CUSTOMER SERVICE - I know you didn't ask... but it needs help, maybe a few classes are in order.

NubiRubi
03-06-2003, 05:26 PM
HEALTHY HAIR BUTTER- love it, I t helps keep my twist soft. I put it on in the mornings after the shower to help lock on moisture and soften and at nite for further protection

HONEY MIMOSA - love the smell, but ia believe jojoba oil can give the same results as far as shine goes

HAIR MILK - I actually like this stuff, even tho' it seperates It also keeps my hair soft. I keep some in the gym locker for after shower.

CUSTOMER SERVICE - I know you didn't ask... but it needs help, maybe a few classes are in order.

funny, i thought you would have said somethig else based on your screen name :wink:

Healthy Hair Butter is my staple, I love it, can't live without it. My nappy existence can be split into 2 catagories: life before HHB and After HHB :lol: J/k

Tui oil is really nice for the scent, but I've found that if you put a little thru damp hair and "dookie" braid/twist it...it moisturizes okay too.

Mimosa hair honey is good for flyaways, and has a subtle pleasing scent.