PDA

View Full Version : Skin Problem

ceenaomikay
09-14-2005, 01:45 PM
hey people, i want to be the natural beauty i once was here's my story any replies negative/positive will be appreciated
up until i was 17/18 i always got compliments about how beautiful my skin was, nice clear, spot free and glowing.
i am now aged 22 and after problems, stress, marriage problems,occasional smioking, and wearing mary kay make up my skin is not what it used to be.
when i look at my wedding pictures my face looked so glowing.my husbands too, my face is so dull now but my husband is still glowing im only 22 but feel 10years older with my skin like this!!!!
i cannot blame make-up but my skin seems to be getting worst each day. i cleanse, i use acne treatment, i moisturise (all mary kay products)now i cannot bare being seen without make up on, i think my husband thinks i have grown ugly as he looks at my face strangely when i have no foundation on like "wtf gone wrong?" he's always talking about the "natural beauty he fell in love with 6years ago"
i now have black marks around my eyes, i now have black acne scars (suffered wuith premature adult acne for 2months)and my face has black marks all over. my complexion looks grey.
i am a black female, (not very dark medium complexion ie) michelle from destiny's childs complexion...lol, didn't know who else to compare myself with!
i am very tempted to buy a skin lightening product to even out my skin tone or pay thopusands for some kind of cosmetic surgery..... but i dont want to get white,i am so upset...feel so ugly and i cannot bare smothering my face with make up everyday, ive only been wearing make up three years but my problems are so so bad....please help me...
feeling so ugly right now :Angry_boese008:
:(

TrueSugar
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Lady, you are not ugly. There is no need for surgery. Your body is just dealing natural with the changes that come with stress and hardships. I would STOP with the mary-kay products ,any cosmetics for a time to give your skin a break. How's your diet? Do you drink alot of water? Eating healthy?

Ameka
09-14-2005, 02:31 PM
For one thing, you might want to stop wearing that make up.

Mary Kay may be good, but it ain't for everybody.

What are your eating habits like?

michelle1908
09-14-2005, 02:38 PM
I understand how you feel. I'm suffering from adult acne, that I once had under control for several years. Unlike you, I'm light and these red and brown splotches are definitely not cute with my brand new TWA.

I've done what the others have suggested and stopped wearing foundation. I just started this week, but I think it may be a permanent thing except for special occasions. I think it all clogs your pores. I'm also using Aloe Vera Gel for the marks. I read about it in the Health and Beauty forum. We'll see if it helps. It can't hurt...that's for sure. I'm positive consistency is the key and my personal challenge with my skin. I'm on a mission though. I'm drinking more water, keeping my hands off my face and being consistent with my skin care regimen. I'm also taking my vitamins regularly and my zinc supplement. I read somewhere that it helps...

Good luck. Try not to worry about it too much and just relax and focus on being healthy and not stressed.

ceenaomikay
09-14-2005, 02:41 PM
hello, thanks for the replies...
my eating habits are not very good at the moment because im quite stressed but i usually eat low carbohydrates as this is the only way i can keep my weight low, (i eat vegs,fruits,meat,salad and try and drink as much water as possible)i've lost 30lbs or so eating that way.
when i consume three litres of water a day my skin glows a lot more.
but i desperately need help to get rid of these marks.

i wish i could stop wearing Mary KAY BUT i'm addicted to it now and because of my new skin problem i couldnt bare to leave my house without my make up on people wouldnt recognise me, my husband looks as if he dont recognise me when i dont have make up on.

all my family hate the make up too, people make comments like you looked so much better without makeup.......if only they knew what i really looked like now hey?

please advice me on a good diet, good supplement for my hair and skin,

Originally posted by Ameka@Sep 14 2005, 02:31 PM
For one thing, you might want to stop wearing that make up.

Mary Kay may be good, but it ain't for everybody.

What are your eating habits like?

BreezySeas
09-14-2005, 02:46 PM
I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing this but you are not alone. I had blemish free skin until I had my baby and only baby that is. Did I mention I have stretch marks. Anyway after child birth I would get these broils on my face these ugly big bumps. If I popped them guess what I would end up with dark spots. I tried everything....Neutrogena, Fashion Fair, Clinique, Dudley's. You name it I tried it... I forgot Proactiv and Mary Kay oh and Cethaphil, and Avon. Now all these product dried my skin out and had me peeling like I was a burn victim. I think the dudleys helped a little bit but eventually my skin would break out. My skin is average now but I still have spots here and there. I used Cethaphil and Aveeno moisturizer about 2 months I hated it I still had more pumps appearing and then I used nothing for about 2 weeks. Then I got some samples from The Body shop and I kind of like them. Today and for the last 2 weeks I am using Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap and Pure Aloe Gel. So far so good. I did fail to try to pop some bumps on my face so I have two dark spots on my chin and a little red mark on the side of my cheek. I do not try to hide them hey it is natural I got a bump I tried to pop it and now I have to deal with the result. I think you need to let go of the makeup since i heard it clogs the pores and get rid of the Mary Kay it may not be for you. Like someone else said Drink plenty of water and eat healthy fruits and veggies and baked and broiled meats. Oh yeah excercise and sweat. I remember when I was 18 I did not have to use a thing on my skin and it was beautiful. Then I had my child and everything went crazy. It could be hormonal changes who know. My skin is ok. but it could be better. I am now trying more natural things. Someonce suggested I try Aubrey Organics Sensitive line sold at the Vitamin SHoppe. I plan to try that to. I am trying more natural things b/c all that stuff that has chemicals in it is not working. I noticed with the Aloe Gel it will dry up the pumps and them they blemishes are peeling away I guess that is a good sign. Please get rid of the makeup and the Mary Kay it sounds like it is doing more harm them good. Go get some Kiss my Face Olive Oil and Aloe and some Aloe Gel or the Aubrey Organics line. I plan to buy some this weekend. Remember less is more. HTH sorry the post is so long. But bellieve me you are not alone. Visit the Beauty Forum you can get some good tips.

ceenaomikay
09-14-2005, 02:47 PM
thank you so much for your kind words, i'm relieved to know that im not the only person in this boat (although i sympathise with you)what skin care regime do you follow?
i agree that make up definitley clogs your pores, when i look in the mirror (make up on or off) i notice my pores are a lot bigger.
i regret the day i ever touched the stuff.....
my husband hates make up but i cant bare for people to see these nasty marks on my face anymore.

Originally posted by michelle1908@Sep 14 2005, 02:38 PM
I understand how you feel. I'm suffering from adult acne, that I once had under control for several years. Unlike you, I'm light and these red and brown splotches are definitely not cute with my brand new TWA.

I've done what the others have suggested and stopped wearing foundation. I just started this week, but I think it may be a permanent thing except for special occasions. I think it all clogs your pores. I'm also using Aloe Vera Gel for the marks. I read about it in the Health and Beauty forum. We'll see if it helps. It can't hurt...that's for sure. I'm positive consistency is the key and my personal challenge with my skin. I'm on a mission though. I'm drinking more water, keeping my hands off my face and being consistent with my skin care regimen. I'm also taking my vitamins regularly and my zinc supplement. I read somewhere that it helps...

Good luck. Try not to worry about it too much and just relax and focus on being healthy and not stressed.

michelle1908
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I've been washing with Glycare Cleansing Gel. My dermatologist recommended it years ago and it really cleared up my skin for years. I get it online at Total Skin Care.Com (http://www.totalskincare.com/default.cfm). It has glycolic acid in it. I just started using this astringent with Salicylic Acid. In the morning I moisturize with Oil of Olay's Total Effects and in the evening, I just started using the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel (the same one that I use on my hair). It's only been about 1.5 weeks since I've been consistent with the regimen, but I'm going to stick with it. I'm sure the water is key as well. I use these Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets during the day, because my skin tends to be oily.

I hope this helps. Different things work for different people, but you can't go wrong with plenty of water, fruits and veggies.

babygirlwoman
09-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry you're feeling ugly sis.
You are a natural beauty still, you just have something to work through.
My skin is in this awkward period too.

I'd suggest lightening up your makeup routine and weening yourself off of it.
Maybe use just burnt powder instead of foundation and powder.
What is your skincare regimin? Your eating habits? Do you drink a lot of water?

I know for a fact that a grey complexion will gain a bit of brightness from simply guzzling as much water as u can.

I'm dealing with acne and dark marks myself, and it's rough. I keep trying new products since nothing works. I'd just suggest to check out your eating habits and try to eat naturally, not so much chemicals. definitely drink water. also, if you must wear makeup outside, wash it off and put on your skincare products as soon as you get in the house. be gentle and patient with your skin (i'm a hypocrite on that one) and try to get a moisturizer w/ sunscreen, it keeps my dark spots from getting darker, maybe it'll do the same for you. i wouldnt suggest a lightening cream only because i dont believe in it, but maybe if u popped it only on the dark spots it may work?

Good luck girl!

BreezySeas
09-14-2005, 03:31 PM
My skin care regimen is Kiss my face olive oil soap in the morning and then I apply aloe gel. At night I wash my face with olive oil and add palmers fade cream to my dark spots. I can not tell if it works but I hate the dark spots.

vnatural
09-14-2005, 05:21 PM
What are you washing your face with? It seems like you have cosmetic acne caused by products. Like the OPs said, stop with the foundation. Exfoliate daily, be it with sugar or a loofah(they sell facial loofahs at Walmart and other chain stores). Use plain white yogurt on your face to help slough(remove) dead skin cells(I use dannon). Massage your skin with it in circular motions and rinse. Use a mild soap like olive oil soap(I use kiss my face as well). Steam your face twice a week, be it with a facial steamer like conair or a pot with water and some sage leaves. Make sure the steam is not too hot so you don't burn yourself. Leave your face over the steam for 7 minutes. It opens up your skin.

Meditate because stress does cause acne.

Pretyblkgrl
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Hugs to you: you are beautiful. :)

I have about a fair to medium skin tone. I deal with ingrown hairs and the scars and acne that leads to on and under my chin. It really puts in a dent in my vanity, but hey, I don't let it stop me from living life. I eat "ok" and drink plenty of water. I wash my face with Cetaphil daily and use witch hazel as an astringent. I just use cocoa butter lotion from suave on my face and I'm good. I don't wear make up on a daily basis because I'm lazy. :) A good foundation will not clog your pores. It actually will protect your skin for the sun and pollution in the air. I use a custom-made foundation (made to match my skin color exactly and for the type of skin have and coverage I want). It feels like I'm wearing nothing and makes my skin look great. It's pricey at $40 a bottle, but worth it to me.

I tried using vitamin e, lighteners, etc. to fade the acne scarring, but it didn't work. Finally I decided to see a dermotologist. She recommended a special laser she has that treats acne and removes hair for people of color. I'm more interested in removing the hairs from my chin, because that's what's ingrown, thereby causing the acne for me. With my health insurance, the treatment is consider cosmetic, however the visit to the doctors office was covered.

I think you should consider a trip to your primary care phsyican, just to make sure that you don't have any underlying health issues. You are very young, and it concerns me that you have having these changes all of a sudden. I would also suggest seeing a dermotologist (that specializes in skin of color, and a cosmetic one if you can find one easily in your area) to to examine your skin and get a profession opinion on what may be happening with your skin and get ideas and options on how to treat it.

Ameka
09-14-2005, 05:59 PM
The "Obsessively Organic" line by Kiss my Face is the bomb diggity.

Lbomb
09-14-2005, 06:17 PM
I've had really bad hyperpigmentation marks from a mass breakout i got when i was taking biotin for hair growth so i know exactly how you feel and how depressing the whole ordeal can be :hug: . You're probably gonna hear this a lot and although its frustrating, it's true, it's gonna take time to get rid of black marks on your skin. Anything that promises to get rid of the marks really quickly runs the risk of damaging your skin more. After trying loads of stuff to get rid of my hyperpig marks i've finally settled on using brightening lotions. These are different to lightening creams because all they do is speed up cell renewal rather than inhibit melanin production, therefore allowing the new unmarked skin to be revealed quicker than it would be if left alone (sorry if this explanation sounds patronising, it's just that many people assume that lightening and brightening creams are the same).

In general, i've found that using topical vitamin c on the skin also helps brighten the skin, so look out for creams with this and other antioxidants in it.

There&#39;s been heaps of great advice given so far, and i&#39;m sure at least one of them will help you in some way. Keep your head up and try not to let it get you down. Also don&#39;t forget that you notice your skin imperfections much more than other people do so try not to dwell on it too much. (It&#39;s soo funny to hear me dishing out this cheesy advice because when people say it to me, i&#39;m usually like <_< , but i wouldn&#39;t repeat it unless i really believed it ;) )

startingover
09-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Don&#39;t fret. With every stage of your life, your body will respond to change. A few marks or blemishes does not deminish the person that you are.:smil3f9cf915b71bf:

I would recommend seeing a dermotologist.

Definitely nix the make-up. It has a tendancy to make skin problems worse. Besides, it just may be the culprit responsible for the dull appearance of which you speak.

Before buying skin lighteners or paying for expensive treatments, maybe some natural skin care would be good. Authentic African black soap and shea butter have done WONDERS for my skin.

Keep up with the balanced diet and the water. That&#39;s always a good idea.

That being said, maybe you should address any underlying issues of stress that may be at the root of your problem. All the healthy eating and skin care strategies in the world aren&#39;t gonna do any good if what&#39;s causing the problem is stress.

JMHO :hug:

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Guys, I do not suffer with spots anymore my face is clear but it is the marks i am worried about the black spot scars and slight pigmentation. no spots, that adult acne only lasted a few months...its all cleared up now

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the reply and advice. I usually drink a lot of water but lately stress has caused me to stop eating the way i should do.
i&#39;m trying to use less make-up now and hopefully one day i shall be rid of it.
mary kay make up is actually very good cosmetic company and there products have very good ingredients so i doubt the mary kay is to blame! maybe it started when i started getting lazy, ie not washing my make up off!
i&#39;m going to do the best i can to look after my body inside and out....healthiness shows in the face i guess so if im eating like a pig and everything i&#39;ll suffer the consequenses(sp?)
my skin care regime now is i cleanse with mary kay 3 in 1 cleanser, i use mary kay microdermabrasion kit 3x a week, i moisturise with mary kay moisturiser with added sun screen i then put my slap on...lol (make-up) i dont over do it but i wish i could wear less...the black stops are dark so i have to cover them up properly. i hate them and they are making my life hell right now.

Originally posted by babygirlwoman@Sep 14 2005, 03:18 PM
I&#39;m sorry you&#39;re feeling ugly sis.
You are a natural beauty still, you just have something to work through.
My skin is in this awkward period too.

I&#39;d suggest lightening up your makeup routine and weening yourself off of it.
Maybe use just burnt powder instead of foundation and powder.
What is your skincare regimin? Your eating habits? Do you drink a lot of water?

I know for a fact that a grey complexion will gain a bit of brightness from simply guzzling as much water as u can.

I&#39;m dealing with acne and dark marks myself, and it&#39;s rough. I keep trying new products since nothing works. I&#39;d just suggest to check out your eating habits and try to eat naturally, not so much chemicals. definitely drink water. also, if you must wear makeup outside, wash it off and put on your skincare products as soon as you get in the house. be gentle and patient with your skin (i&#39;m a hypocrite on that one) and try to get a moisturizer w/ sunscreen, it keeps my dark spots from getting darker, maybe it&#39;ll do the same for you. i wouldnt suggest a lightening cream only because i dont believe in it, but maybe if u popped it only on the dark spots it may work?

Good luck girl!

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks a lot for your response, greatly appreciated. i actually do steam my face twice a week but i will do some research on
cosmetic acne which is what i feel has left my face in such a state.

i&#39;ve printed your reply so will use your tips...thank you

Originally posted by vnatural@Sep 14 2005, 05:21 PM
What are you washing your face with? It seems like you have cosmetic acne caused by products. Like the OPs said, stop with the foundation. Exfoliate daily, be it with sugar or a loofah(they sell facial loofahs at Walmart and other chain stores). Use plain white yogurt on your face to help slough(remove) dead skin cells(I use dannon). Massage your skin with it in circular motions and rinse. Use a mild soap like olive oil soap(I use kiss my face as well). Steam your face twice a week, be it with a facial steamer like conair or a pot with water and some sage leaves. Make sure the steam is not too hot so you don&#39;t burn yourself. Leave your face over the steam for 7 minutes. It opens up your skin.

Meditate because stress does cause acne.

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for your lovely words, i will definitley be researching to find out why my skin has deteriorated so drastically, i will let you all know how it goes.
thank you so much

Originally posted by Pretyblkgrl@Sep 14 2005, 05:55 PM
Hugs to you: you are beautiful. :)

I have about a fair to medium skin tone. I deal with ingrown hairs and the scars and acne that leads to on and under my chin. It really puts in a dent in my vanity, but hey, I don&#39;t let it stop me from living life. I eat "ok" and drink plenty of water. I wash my face with Cetaphil daily and use witch hazel as an astringent. I just use cocoa butter lotion from suave on my face and I&#39;m good. I don&#39;t wear make up on a daily basis because I&#39;m lazy. :) A good foundation will not clog your pores. It actually will protect your skin for the sun and pollution in the air. I use a custom-made foundation (made to match my skin color exactly and for the type of skin have and coverage I want). It feels like I&#39;m wearing nothing and makes my skin look great. It&#39;s pricey at $40 a bottle, but worth it to me.

I tried using vitamin e, lighteners, etc. to fade the acne scarring, but it didn&#39;t work. Finally I decided to see a dermotologist. She recommended a special laser she has that treats acne and removes hair for people of color. I&#39;m more interested in removing the hairs from my chin, because that&#39;s what&#39;s ingrown, thereby causing the acne for me. With my health insurance, the treatment is consider cosmetic, however the visit to the doctors office was covered.

I think you should consider a trip to your primary care phsyican, just to make sure that you don&#39;t have any underlying health issues. You are very young, and it concerns me that you have having these changes all of a sudden. I would also suggest seeing a dermotologist (that specializes in skin of color, and a cosmetic one if you can find one easily in your area) to to examine your skin and get a profession opinion on what may be happening with your skin and get ideas and options on how to treat it.

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 05:25 PM
aw, thanks for your lovely reply. everybody has been so helpful..thank you so much. i will follow tips from everybody :)

Originally posted by Lbomb@Sep 14 2005, 06:17 PM
I&#39;ve had really bad hyperpigmentation marks from a mass breakout i got when i was taking biotin for hair growth so i know exactly how you feel and how depressing the whole ordeal can be :hug: . You&#39;re probably gonna hear this a lot and although its frustrating, it&#39;s true, it&#39;s gonna take time to get rid of black marks on your skin. Anything that promises to get rid of the marks really quickly runs the risk of damaging your skin more. After trying loads of stuff to get rid of my hyperpig marks i&#39;ve finally settled on using brightening lotions. These are different to lightening creams because all they do is speed up cell renewal rather than inhibit melanin production, therefore allowing the new unmarked skin to be revealed quicker than it would be if left alone (sorry if this explanation sounds patronising, it&#39;s just that many people assume that lightening and brightening creams are the same).

In general, i&#39;ve found that using topical vitamin c on the skin also helps brighten the skin, so look out for creams with this and other antioxidants in it.

There&#39;s been heaps of great advice given so far, and i&#39;m sure at least one of them will help you in some way. Keep your head up and try not to let it get you down. Also don&#39;t forget that you notice your skin imperfections much more than other people do so try not to dwell on it too much. (It&#39;s soo funny to hear me dishing out this cheesy advice because when people say it to me, i&#39;m usually like <_< , but i wouldn&#39;t repeat it unless i really believed it ;) )

ceenaomikay
09-15-2005, 05:26 PM
thanks for you reply, i will definitley take heed :) you guys have really cheered me up

Originally posted by startingover@Sep 15 2005, 09:45 AM
Don&#39;t fret. With every stage of your life, your body will respond to change. A few marks or blemishes does not deminish the person that you are.:smil3f9cf915b71bf:

I would recommend seeing a dermotologist.

Definitely nix the make-up. It has a tendancy to make skin problems worse. Besides, it just may be the culprit responsible for the dull appearance of which you speak.

Before buying skin lighteners or paying for expensive treatments, maybe some natural skin care would be good. Authentic African black soap and shea butter have done WONDERS for my skin.

Keep up with the balanced diet and the water. That&#39;s always a good idea.

That being said, maybe you should address any underlying issues of stress that may be at the root of your problem. All the healthy eating and skin care strategies in the world aren&#39;t gonna do any good if what&#39;s causing the problem is stress.

JMHO :hug:

Akpknuako
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
hey people, i want to be the natural beauty i once was here&#39;s my story any replies negative/positive will be appreciated
up until i was 17/18 i always got compliments about how beautiful my skin was, nice clear, spot free and glowing.
i am now aged 22 and after problems, stress, marriage problems,occasional smioking, and wearing mary kay make up my skin is not what it used to be.
when i look at my wedding pictures my face looked so glowing.my husbands too, my face is so dull now but my husband is still glowing im only 22 but feel 10years older with my skin like this!!!!
i cannot blame make-up but my skin seems to be getting worst each day. i cleanse, i use acne treatment, i moisturise (all mary kay products)now i cannot bare being seen without make up on, i think my husband thinks i have grown ugly as he looks at my face strangely when i have no foundation on like "wtf gone wrong?" he&#39;s always talking about the "natural beauty he fell in love with 6years ago"
i now have black marks around my eyes, i now have black acne scars (suffered wuith premature adult acne for 2months)and my face has black marks all over. my complexion looks grey.
i am a black female, (not very dark medium complexion ie) michelle from destiny&#39;s childs complexion...lol, didn&#39;t know who else to compare myself with!
i am very tempted to buy a skin lightening product to even out my skin tone or pay thopusands for some kind of cosmetic surgery..... but i dont want to get white,i am so upset...feel so ugly and i cannot bare smothering my face with make up everyday, ive only been wearing make up three years but my problems are so so bad....please help me...
feeling so ugly right now :Angry_boese008:
:(
[/b]

I bet you that if you quit smoking, gradually, you&#39;ll see that your face will start to clear up.... that&#39;s the first thing you need to do...your lifestyle affects your skin

eating healthier, exercising to reduce stress, these little changes will change your skin

as for the black acne marks, i&#39;m still suffering from my acne....i&#39;ve noticed that changing my eating habits and exercising got my acne under control...now for the scars!

for my scars, i&#39;m currently using a mix of rosa mosqueta and vitamin e oil....as well as my reviva labs skin for a day lightener with kojic acid and mulberry and lime extracts(it has spf 15)....IT CONTAINS NO HYDROQUINONE!!! I always use reviva labs moisturizer with spf 25, b/c i have dry skin

i cleanse my face with earth science Aand D creamy cleanser, and switch it up with Rachel Perry&#39;s Tangerine Dream cleanser...BEST STUFF EVER! It has all organic products plus a list of AHA&#39;s like gycolic, malic, tartaric, and citric acids.... GOOD LUCK!

karasposa
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I feel you, sis! I am going through something similar. My skin has always been oily, but this is ridiculous!

It seemed like the day after my 30th birthday, my skin started to rebel. I have always had acne, but not like this! I am experiencing hyperpigmentation, whiteheads and cystic acne (those big, hurting feel-it-coming third-eye bumps.) I feel like I have used every over-the-counter product this year. Dermalogica, Olay, Mary Kay, Aveeno, Neutrogena, etc. I broke the bank trying to clear my skin up. I eat pretty well, exercise regularly and drink plenty of water. I keep my hands of my face. I even wash my hands before I wash my face! I refuse to wear makeup until my face is clear.

My physician says that it may be hormonal. I have been on Depo for a while now and the progestin may be disagreeing with me. She took me off of Depo and put me on Nuvaring three days ago. She says that I should notice a difference in my skin in two weeks. She may be right. I have noticed a difference in my skin already. I stopped stressing over my skin and simplified my skincare regimen. I noticed that less is more. I just wash with Aveeno Skin Brightening Wash, exfoliate with the Aveeno Skin Brightening Pads ( every other dayinstead of using the facewash) and moisturize with the Aveeno Skin Brightening Moisturizer. At night, I put a thin layer of acne treatment all over my skin. I am using the Dermalogica overnight clearing gel right now because it was $48 and I can&#39;t return it. When I use that up, I will probably switch to the Aveeno brand.

I am going to the dermatologist tomorrow. I will share his advice with you tomorrow. But I do know that oily skin benefits from salicylic acid and glycolic acid.

I also want to add that none f my male friends have ever mentioned my skin situation and made me feel unattractive about it.

rhapsoidos
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I have started to have adult onset acne and I am only 19 years old. I really do believe that is from the excess of oils that I put on my face and the foods that I have put in my bodies since starting school again in August. What I have tried is a paste of baking soda and aloe vera gel. It has really helped with my acne and the scarring as well. I would not try a skin lightener, that is just an added unnecessary chemical. The make-up has to stop. Skin must breathe. I have never worn make-up, so I do not understand the obsession with it. However, lemon juice and water is suppose to have lightening affects. I hope you get this under control. I understand how stress can affect a person&#39;s mind, body and spirit.

Namaste