PDA

View Full Version : Office Styles

napptiva
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so be gentle with me (only joking). My hair has been natural for two years and is thick and healthy but doesn't really have that length. I love wearing my hair out in a fro and being different as you don't tend to see a lot of natural sisters here in the UK. But, I've got quite a few interviews coming up in law firms and havn't got a clue as to what to do with my hair. I've just had microbraids but don't want to put that stress on my hairline again and I love extension 2 strand twists but I'm scared that this may be too "ethnic" for them. There's no way I will relax my hair again so the only other option seems to be a weave which is what I've noticed that most of the sisters in law firms seem to wear. I've never had a weave before (OK I take that back I did have one back in 98 that made me look like Diana Ross which I took out after a week) but I don't feel that I have any other options.

So my sisters can you suggest some natural corporate friendly styles for me to try or should I wear a weave for the interviews then go back to my nappy loveliness once I get a foot in the door? Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Only1biancab
09-18-2005, 10:01 PM
There's a thread that was posted in the Napptural Style Worshop that might help. Here and I hope it helps: http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61991

Whitley Gilbert
09-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Welcome! I was going to suggest the same thread for some styles. If you do a search you will find many similar topics and some helpful tips. Good luck and welcome again!

napptiva
09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)

QueenMoe
10-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I went through the interviewing process a little over a year ago, and struggled with the same thing. My style of choice for interviewing was two-strand twists with my own hair. The only style I used other than my twists was flat twists or cornrows into a bun, however this style required me to blowdry my hair out (not someting I'd recommend doing to often) in order to create the bun.

Good luck!