PDA

View Full Version : Any Advise on Shaking the Blues?

amalah9
02-16-2003, 04:35 AM
I am very stressed right now and have been so for about 2 days & I can't seem to stop eating or get off this website. I've been here for 2 hours straight. It appears that I eat and come to nappturality.com when I'm feeling blue. I just lost 15 pounds & I don't want to gain it all back. Any advice on something I can do to stop myself. I feel like I'm spinning out of control! :oops: :cry:

Oh yeah, I forgot. I can't seem to stop spending money either. My husband is gonna want to wring my neck. :cry:

Sister1
02-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi Amalah:

First off, thank you for expressing how you feel to folks here. Often times when we are stressed or feeling down we can keep it bottled up which can make us feel even worse. I think the question is what is going on your life presently? How old are you? Having issues at work, home or at school? Your loss of 15 pounds, was that due to illness? Dilberate eating/purging/vomiting? What worries you about gaining it back as you say? You mentioned that you have been spending money and that your husband will be upset, is this something recent that has been happening?

Overall, you have identified you feel "out of control". Perhaps you may try calling your personal medical provider to schedule an immediate medical appointment. For the time being are you able to discuss your feelings with your husband, family, good friend? Please know, you are not alone. I hope that you can share your feelings with those in your immediate life, such as your husband. You have taken the first step by letting us know here. Here is a big sister/mama bear hug for ya! :angel:

satriela
02-16-2003, 12:02 PM
Dear Amalah,

Thanks for posting ! I totally agree that you need to make an appointment at your primary care physician's office. When you go, take a list of the things that you have been doing, similar to the list you gave in your post.

I hope this helps, and let us know how things work out!

Satriela

amalah9
02-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Thanks Satriela & Sister1.
I think I will call & make an appointment with my doc Monday morning. It helps to have others support in situations like this. My family & my husband does not believe in seeing a Doc for anything that has to do with your brain (unless it's maybe a brain tumor). Thanks bunches & bunches for listening and responding.

LotsOfLocs
02-17-2003, 05:10 PM
I volunteered, great therapy. If you can afford it, take a vacation. Learn to sew, fitness classes, swimming, etc.