PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Rhythm

blakpearl
11-29-2003, 02:34 AM
I was in the store today looking at hair dyes and I noticed that Dark& Lovely has one out called Red Hot Rhythm. The box says it's formerly Red Hot Mary. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, if so, how did you like it. I remember reading a post about someone not liking Red Hot Mary. Is this Rhythm supposed to be the new and improved? I'm going to the store tomorrow to pick out a color, so let me know what brands work for you. :rainfro

Afrocentric
11-29-2003, 02:41 AM
a friend of mine dyed her hair that color when it was still red hot mary and basically you won't have the color that she has b/c you have to buy an additional lifter or something of that nature. her hair was a dark burgandy and i believe that's b/c she had a perm. it looked more like a rinse than the actual color. so i can't even imagine what it would look like on natural hair. hope i've been a help to you.

vonshair
11-29-2003, 08:12 PM
I used the red hot mary and my hair didnt look anything like the box. my hair came out bright ORANGE!!! It has darkened since then now its a burnt orange(still not what i wanted) so now im looking for a temp color to put on top of this one.

good luck!!!
Von :thumbsup

BlakReign
11-29-2003, 08:18 PM
I think the only thing "new" is that they changed the model from Mary to another woman. When I tried it...the color made my hair a Bright Orange Mess. There was nothing red about the color at all and the only thing hot was me.

PrincessDrRe
11-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Mary J Blige is no longer endorsing Dark & Lovely; so they changed the name. I use Textures & Tones....something like that. I like my color. Not too harsh....not too soft.

I've been scared of D & L since I was a little girl....some chic at my school had a D & L perm and all .....ALL OF HER HAIR FELL OUT OF HER HEAD!!!

Didn't even happen to me, but it scared me enough!!!

FreeToBMe
11-29-2003, 10:44 PM
I used it and it turned my hair orange-brown, not red. I would also like to add this is what I used that caused the color damage to my hair last year that I had to end up chopping off. I lost a lot of length due to Red Hot Mary. But that might not have anything to do with the color. It might just be that my hair can't take permanent color. If you know your hair can take it, then use it . I only use color rinses, because my hair is too fragile for permanent color. :violin

sangoma
12-05-2003, 07:55 AM
My hair came out dirty-orange-brown.

blakpearl
12-05-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks ladies for your input. I ended up using Textures and Tones Red Hot Red and I like it! I have also received compliments on my color. I only left it in for 15 mins. instead of the full 30 because I was afraid to look like Ronald McDonald. But I still love it!!

NappilyEverAfter
12-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by FreeToBMe@Nov 29 2003, 05:44 PM
I used it and it turned my hair orange-brown, not red. I would also like to add this is what I used that caused the color damage to my hair last year that I had to end up chopping off. I lost a lot of length due to Red Hot Mary. But that might not have anything to do with the color. It might just be that my hair can't take permanent color. If you know your hair can take it, then use it . I only use color rinses, because my hair is too fragile for permanent color. :violin
This is exactly what happened to me. I am not sure if it's the colour or if I didn't take care of my hair enough, but I had to say bye bye to my hair (once again). :(

BlakReign
12-14-2003, 11:58 PM
Trust me it was that drying color.

sweetcurl
12-15-2003, 12:16 AM
Textures and Tones has been the only brand i use because the color is true and they dont have the deadly combination of peroxide and ammonia.
I believe its ammonia free.
Anyhoo its the only brand of color i choose to use :cow: