PDA

View Full Version : Any Serious Songwriters/Music Composers?

cocoarose
11-30-2003, 09:15 PM
Hello All!

I posted this because I am seeking my other half. I am looking for a serious songwriter/composer to write with me. I am breaking into the music industry but would like someone who could partner with me and we can do wonderous things. I am in the washington d.c metropolitan area but would be open to working with someone who is not too far from here or even someone long distance if we can wing it. I am very talented and very serious and have already written plenty of things. I am not looking to partner with anyone money hungry( I know we all need money to live but when your talented and work hard the money will come), no one who is not easy to get along with, and no one who likes to half *** it. I am looking other places as well but I know there has got to be some talented sistas on this board so why not post here?

If you are really interested or know someone who would be please Post me a message or Pm me and we can take it from there.

Thank you..Peace&Light

crazylove
12-06-2003, 12:50 AM
I am songwriter. Most of my life I grew up performing. You know school and church groups. I did a few retirement parties and a few things for local tv. My mom made me take piano, violin, and clarinet lesson as a kid, but I wasn't really feeling it. I started writing songs at age 17. Well basically I was just rewriting lyrics to my favourite R&B songs. At age 18 I began teaching myself to play guitar and I began developing melodies for my lyrics. So I am melodist and lyricists. I am learning to how arrange tunes. Luckily, some of the music theory from childhood lessons are still in my brain. My lyrics are inspired by my black/immigrant experiences, but also by day to day relationships.

I am unsure about co-writing since I tend write songs myself, but I am up for a lyric collaboration.

crazylove
12-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Oh yeah, my musical genre is pop-rock.