PDA

View Full Version : Bald Spot . . .

beeniegyul
10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
I found a small bald spot at the top of my head yesterday. It's not too big ... a bit smaller than the size of a regular paperclip. I think its probably been there a while but I dont always use a mirror when I comb my hair, but i only just noticed it. I dont comb my hair very tight because i get headaches, and I am on a protective style challenge for the last month so i have not really been manipulating my hair much, so i am confused about where it came from. :dunno:

Should I be worried? or should i just wait and see if it gets any bigger than it is? :(

Any ideas about reasons why a bald spot can jus appear, especially if i am not tuggin my hair too much or doing tight styles?

ekwutoshi
10-06-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by beeniegyul@Oct 5 2005, 08:28 PM
I found a small bald spot at the top of my head yesterday. It's not too big ... a bit smaller than the size of a regular paperclip. I think its probably been there a while but I dont always use a mirror when I comb my hair, but i only just noticed it. I dont comb my hair very tight because i get headaches, and I am on a protective style challenge for the last month so i have not really been manipulating my hair much, so i am confused about where it came from. :dunno:

Should I be worried? or should i just wait and see if it gets any bigger than it is? :(

Any ideas about reasons why a bald spot can jus appear, especially if i am not tuggin my hair too much or doing tight styles?

Go to the dermatologist immediately. Do not wait to see how things go. It is better to be safe than sorry. Good luck to you though:)

curlyc326
10-06-2005, 11:56 AM
yeah dont wait

Nappytop
10-06-2005, 12:03 PM
dON'T WAIT..RUN TO A DERM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

beeniegyul
10-07-2005, 02:47 AM
:( I will take your advice and go get it checked out. Hopefully it is nothing serious.

Twisties
11-05-2005, 09:21 PM
beeniegyul

Did you ever make it to the dermatologist? Hope everythin's ok.

Twisties
11-05-2005, 09:21 PM
beeniegyul

beeniegyul
01-13-2006, 04:31 AM
beeniegyul

[/b]

Oh gosh I forgot to come back and update about that bald spot I had, yea HAD. I had a hormonal imbalance that was making all kinds of things go haywire - weight, menstrual cycle, and I was told that the bald spot was jus a part of all that.
I was instructed to jus leave it alone and it would grow back and not put too much tension on the area and thats wat i did and its gone now. I can barely even find where the spot used to be. I'm jus glad it wasnt anything more serious. :blush: