PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

jomamma
10-10-2005, 12:47 PM
I recently took out extension cornrows and noticed that my hairline has become really weak and thin. Before having the cornrows, I had kinky twists. I have kind of crazy hair. The front is very fine anyway and the middle and back are thick and curly. I didn't keep the cornrows in for more than a week because they were just too tight. Others cannot see the damage but me knowing how thick my hair usually is can tell. What products and or regimen should I use to save my hairline, if I still can? And will this happen every time I get braids? Which braid styles are kind to people with weak or fine hairlines?

MissThing606
10-10-2005, 01:10 PM
It's a good thing you've noticed the thinning before it got to be a mjor problem. Could it be that the most recent cornrows were just too tight?

As for whether it could happen again, well it might not if you take extra care of the front and sides, knowing that your hairline is not as thick in those areas. I braid my own hair and I deliberately make thinner braids in those areas for the same reason.

for the moment, I'd say keep the hair mosturised avoid any more stress on those parts. perhaps rock a fro for a while.

MissThing606
10-10-2005, 01:11 PM
double post

Poohbear215
10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by jomamma@Oct 10 2005, 08:47 AM
And will this happen every time I get braids? Which braid styles are kind to people with weak or fine hairlines?

If you are wondering about getting a weak and thin hairline every time you get braids, you should lay off getting your hair braided. IMO, no kind of braid styles are suitable for people with weak or thin hairlines... especially if you put them in too tight. For right now, just sport your natural hair with confidence! :afro:

BreezySeas
10-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I am so scared to wear braids especially when I see post like these. I would leave the braids alone and where my hair lose.

nappy_crown
10-10-2005, 08:14 PM
I made this oil for my cousin who had the same thing happen to her and she is relaxed. I told her to rub it on in the morning and at night, after about a mouth, the hair was regrowing and had thicked up.

1/2 cup castor oil
1/2 cup mixed oil (olive, coconut, and sweet almond or u can use just one)
2 tbls shea butter
15 drops Rosemary EO
10 drops peppermint EO
10 drops Lavendar EO

melt and mix oils together and enjoy.