PDA

View Full Version : Dying Your Hair Black

Ipanema
12-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Has anyone experienced damage, dryness, or breakage from dying your hair black? I'm thinking of breaking down & dying my grays with Bigen hair color. They are growing in a crooked streak from the front of my head to the back. For those of you who dye your gray, is newgrowth much of a problem?

Potterville
12-03-2003, 02:27 PM
I have to cover my gray every month with black hair color...whole top of my head is gray and I'm not ready to "expose" it yet LOL The only damage I had was from Bigen and Feria (evil Feria). I mix my own color using Miss Clariol in Black Midnight with a 10 or a 20 developer.

snickers
12-03-2003, 02:58 PM
My hair is jet black naturally but sometimes it can look dull and faded,but I use a black rinse (semi permanent) on my hair to give it
a gloss look! but I haven't used one since I went natural,but I prefer a
semi permanent than permanent! it is less damaging to the hair!

awooof
12-03-2003, 03:36 PM
I had my hair colored red last year and when it started to fade, I decided to color over it (typically not a recommended way to get rid of color). I used Textures and Tones 'natural black.' I really liked the results! It gave me a rich shade of black and my hair felt extremely soft afterwards. If I were to permanently color my hair myself again, I would definitely use T&T.

However, if you plan on coloring frequently, it's probably a better idea to use a semi-perm, which I am yet to try. Also, of-course, condition, condition, condition!