PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have remedy for pimples on back.....?

Knottygal
02-17-2003, 07:49 PM
I seem to only breakout on my back moreso than my face. Does anyone else have this same problem ?

LotsOfLocs
02-17-2003, 07:52 PM
I have had acne on my chest. Only a pimple here and there on my back. Try Neutrogena Body wash.

Curlysaurus
02-17-2003, 09:23 PM
My upper back gets dry and bumpy in winter. :( I like to lightly exfoliate with those textured exfoliation gloves or a loofah you can get in the supermarket. You could also buy (or make) a sugar or grain scrub or use Queen Helene Mint Julep masque.

Also, when you're home, try to not cover your back as much all the time, if that makes any sense. I know the friction of constantly being covered up head to toe in winter seems to make my skin break out 'cause it doesn't get to "breathe" like in spring and summer. I keep my home warm enough so I don't have to bundle up so much.

cocoagirl
02-19-2003, 04:42 AM
You might also try black soap. I think it can be used for ridding or helping to rid pimples and overall good cleanser for the skin.

healthy
02-19-2003, 05:29 AM
Knottygal, you are not alone. Actually I was planning to post about this topic but you beat me to it. I want to take care of the problem so that I can wear my tank and halter tops in the summer.

truepeace
02-19-2003, 04:53 PM
I use black soap. It has really help even out my skin tone and minimized the breakouts in this area. I highly recommend it. I tried all the other products on the market such as Neutrogena with salycilic acid. They would work temporary but not for the long haul

Maestradiva77
02-19-2003, 05:34 PM
I have this problem also, and so did my grandmother, so I was told that it is hereditary. You just have to stay persistent in whatever your routine is, since back acne tends to be much tougher than face acne. As for me, I use a buffing cream on my back every three days, and a wash with salycyclic acid. Also, after I exercise, I make sure and wash my back thoroughly, since bacteria can make the problem worse. The problem may not go away completely, but I have learned to keep it under control.

khamedra19
02-20-2003, 07:59 PM
I used to break out on my shoulders. I found out what the problem was. I used to take long walks wearing a book bag. I would only break out where the book bag straps rubbed my skin. I think a combo of sweat and friction caused the bumps. I'll occasionally get a bump before or after my period.

kinkykhick
02-20-2003, 10:35 PM
I use Neutragena Body Clear line.
The line consists of a body wash,body scrub and body lotion. For me the body clear lotion is the most effective in the line, because it's used the same as a regular lotion and is not rinsed off. It stays on the skin and prevents break outs for a longer amount of time than just the body wash. etc.

What brand of Black Soap are you ladies using?

marissasensei
02-20-2003, 11:57 PM
I've had success with the Neutrogena wash & the Black soap (from nasabb.ccom). Sometimes, I'll put sea breeze or some other astringent in a spray bottle, and spray that on my back after showering.

Another thing is to make sure you change clothes promptly after working out or sweating heavily.

stillnappy
02-23-2003, 11:32 PM
i had this problem when ifirst started washing my hair in the shower...for me it turned out to be the conditioner. i make sure now that the last thing i do is wash my back...actually i do my hair first then while the conditioner is in do my body, rinse my hair well and then wash my body again...seem to do the trick.

i used Clean and Clear body wash too, not bad stuff but the pimples came back until i learned hat they were from.

Maestradiva77
02-24-2003, 02:58 PM
i had this problem when ifirst started washing my hair in the shower...for me it turned out to be the conditioner. i make sure now that the last thing i do is wash my back...actually i do my hair first then while the conditioner is in do my body, rinse my hair well and then wash my body again...seem to do the trick.

i used Clean and Clear body wash too, not bad stuff but the pimples came back until i learned hat they were from.

Hmm.. never thought about my conditioner possibly contributing to my back acne. Thanks.

Twistie74
02-24-2003, 07:27 PM
I have had acne on my chest. Only a pimple here and there on my back. Try Neutrogena Body wash.

I agree.

Shower gels do the trick as far as clearing up (or at least minimizing) bacne. An ex of mine used to use bar soap and used to break out horribly on his back until I showed him the joys of using shower gels - which if used correctly, won't leave a film on your skin as soap tends to do.

curlygirl
02-25-2003, 02:29 AM
So far the best remedy I have found for face, chest and back pimples has been straight tea tree oil. It's all natural and it starts drying up blemishes faster than anything I have ever used. I have to dilute it a little w/shea butter for parts of my face, but my back, neck, and chest are all fine w/it straight. It's a natural antibiotic - I've also been using it on cuts and scrapes. It really works wonders.

Sekhmet
06-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Curlygirl, what brand of tea tree oil and where do you purchase it? Right now I'm using ProActiv's Deep Cleansing Wash for the "bacne" and it works well, but I'm always open to natural alternatives.

sexykei
06-19-2003, 03:47 PM
I know the neutrogena works, physoderm also works. The tea tree definitely works. I am trying a 50% glycolic acid peel to get rid of the spots.

bruinhotty
06-20-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by sexykei@Jun 19 2003, 08:47 AM
I know the neutrogena works, physoderm also works. The tea tree definitely works. I am trying a 50% glycolic acid peel to get rid of the spots.
Sexykei,

Is the 50% glycolic peel something I can buy in the market or is it by prescription?

chocolategurl17
06-20-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by bruinhotty+Jun 20 2003, 03:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bruinhotty @ Jun 20 2003, 03:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--sexykei@Jun 19 2003, 08:47 AM
Sexykei,

Is the 50% glycolic peel something I can buy in the market or is it by prescription? [/b][/quote]
bruinhotty, hate to butt in but I think sexykei is talking about the glycolic acid peel done by a dermatologist. I may be wrong here but I know that dermatologists peform different kinds of "peels" for the skin depending on what its treating. I want to try something like that myself. But in the meantime is there anything that can be used for dark spots that won&#39;t clog pores and start the whole cycle over again by creating more pimples?

sweetsoca
06-20-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Knottygal@Feb 17 2003, 04:49 PM
I seem to only breakout on my back moreso than my face. Does anyone else have this same problem ?
Knottygal:

My son is starting puberty (at 11) and getting pimples so I&#39;m interested. I saw a Dermatologist on The CBS morning show last week and he claims he has a permanent cure for all acne. It&#39;s a 4 step regimen that he swears works to cure acne forever. Here is the info link

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/11/...ain558084.shtml (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/11/earlyshow/health/main558084.shtml)

His book is called The Acne Cure by Dr. Terry Dubrow and the cheapest I&#39;ve seen it for is $12.39 at overstock .com They charge $1.40 for s/h. :)