hypnotic
12-05-2003, 02:40 AM
i once went to a salon about 2 yrs ago

the stylist had flat ironed my hair and suggested a straw set for my next visit

but i never went back cause i didnt like they way he styled my hair

anyway

has anyone ever tried a straw set on natural hair

im wonderin if its possible

or will i look like a poodle since my hair when wet has like a 50% shrink maybe more

and if its possible can anyone recommend a salon in the tri state area

sadly i will travel to north jersey as long as njt or the path can be taken

ok this is so long SORRY

CocoaButterflyy
12-05-2003, 03:03 AM
I've had it done on my naptural hair when it was real long and when it was real short and it looked cute both ways... I just think with napptural hair you have to tell them not to seperate your curls too much because your head will be super frizzy

Bklyn4eva
12-05-2003, 06:45 AM
i had a straw set on my natural hair, and i liked the way it looked...i went to a salon that catered to natural hair, and another salon that did straight and natural hair.

Two places in bklyn: i went to Sisa Boto on Flatbush Ave and 5th Ave i also went to is Kinky Krowns on Washington Ave and i think it's St. Marks Place :-?

honestly, Sisa Boto runs a more professional shop, and you will pay money for the "professionalism" but if i could afford it i would have gone back there...however the look didn't last as long as when i got it done at Kinky Krowns. i just cant suggest K-K to you cuz the last time i went for my SCHEDULED appt the shop was still closed, and that was the second time the owner was late opening the joint on a SCHEDULED appt (still bitter...it was COLD that day!)

Bklyn4eva
12-05-2003, 06:47 AM
oh, and if you do get the straw set, i suggest sleeping w/a satin bonnet...that helpd the set to last about four weeks...

hypnotic
12-06-2003, 12:53 AM
thank you so much bklyn4eva

im goin to give them a call on sat