PDA

View Full Version : How do you twist your hair?

SheShe
12-05-2003, 04:13 PM
I was wondering how you ladies twist your hair without them puffing up at the roots? Do you secure them with rubber bands first then proceed to twist? I tried twisting my hair before, and they were coming undone after I twisted them.

Also what products do you use for your twists?

SheShe

Dolliesdaughter
12-05-2003, 04:15 PM
My hair just stays put and I don't use any product. I would never ever use rubber bands in my hair.

Shanna
12-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Mine puff at the roots, but that doesn't cause them to unravel. :-\ Maybe you should try twisting tighter? That helps with the puffing sometimes and offers a stronger hold. It's less damaging than using rubber bands to secure them. Also when you reach the bottom of the twist, you should twirl the ends around your finger some. That helps keep them together. Sometimes I'd think using some products while twisting might cause the hair to become more "slippery", but I don't know. i don't twist with anything.

Snazzybrown
12-05-2003, 07:02 PM
My hair is very thick and spongy, so when I twist, I have to make sure that the roots are almost saturated with a non-sticky gel or a limited amount of setting lotion. My ends tend to get brittle in cold weather, so I've just started to apply extra oils (gel) at the end of each twist. I also have to twist my hair in smaller sections so that the waves are more defined. Be careful to choose non-sticky products...or you will have major buildup. I personally do not use rubberbands.

PoetryIsMyPassion
12-05-2003, 09:07 PM
I don't use rubberbands either. I make sure the twists are taunt and curl the twist around my fingers a couple of times. It doesn't come apart. As for the root, I place a small duck clip on the root of each twist until I'm done. I usually leave them on for a little while then I remove them. The twists stay in place with no puffy roots. HTH

NappyRed76
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
I have step by step instructions in my album on how I do my twists....I also included a pic of the products I use when doing my twists...Stop by and check it out....I f you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

How I do my twists (http://public.fotki.com/NappyRed76/first_2_years_of/october_-december_2003/sashas_twists_032.html)