PDA

View Full Version : Dry Office Air- Keeping Hair Healthy

Azion264
10-31-2005, 01:12 PM
I recently started a new job, and this will be the first winter I've spent in this office. In the summer the air conditioner was blasting, and now they've turned the heat on full blast... to the point that we have to turn the air on most of the time also (yes... it's that crucial). I can already feel my skin drying out, so I can only imagine what this is doing to my hair.

Does anyone have any tips on combating dry hair in the office?

Thanks!!

:pop:

jmnappy
10-31-2005, 02:32 PM
Maybe you can wear a headwrap or something type of protective styling. And keep nourishing your hair from the inside out by drinking plenty of water.

immediateright
10-31-2005, 02:41 PM
i second the drinking lots of water idea.

i don't know if you're in a cubicle or if you have your own office, but if space permitted, maybe it wouldn't be too outlandish to get a small humidifier that you could set on the floor... :dunno:

i hate dry air too - makes my hands and lips and sinuses feel tight, which drives me CRAZY!

phillygirl
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
I know how you feel. I work in an office, too, and the dry air is maddening. What I did was mist my hair with a conditioning spray while I twisted. When I took the twists down a couple weeks later, they were still very moisturized. Maybe that will help.

mlduvall
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Maybe if you get a desk-top humidifier it would help? Just a thought...

Monica, :afro: :wub:

curvycurly78
10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
I had this same problem last winter. I found spritzing my hair with water mixed with olive oil really helped.

Also, bring some shea butter to keep on hand and put it on your ends when they feel "crispy"

HTH :)