PDA

View Full Version : The Heatseekers by Zane

CurleeDST
02-18-2003, 12:15 AM
Has anyone read this book? What are your opinions?

yahrein
02-19-2003, 01:05 AM
it was good.

yahrein
02-19-2003, 01:09 AM
but, why did the girl have to have a kid by that dude? And the secret of the Phoenix Corp. actually being his father's co. was not all that shocking.

CurleeDST
02-19-2003, 02:10 AM
I am so angry I wasted my money on that book. Zane really let her readers down with The Heatseekers. It was very juvenile and the dialog was elementary. I found it difficult to be believe those women were actually older than 13 by the conversations they were having and the foul language. And yes, Geren's "secret" really wasn't that shocking. I was like "so what".

KinkyCoils
02-27-2003, 09:36 PM
I personally think she could be a good writer but her plots suck. I haven't read The Heatseekers and I never will. I did read Addicted and was really into it until the ending and I was sooo disappointed. I vowed never to read any of her books again. :mad:

CurleeDST
02-28-2003, 12:08 AM
Kinkycoils:

You are so right. The Heatseekers was soooooo bad! I also read Addicted and the ending really did SUCK as well. We sh/ have known by that book but nooooooooooo but never again will I read any of her books. I can go on and on about the poor quality of the Heatseekers but I won't waste everyone's time. Just don't buy it. I dare say written on a 3rd grade level.

[quote]I personally think she could be a good writer but her plots suck. I haven't read The Heatseekers and I never will. I did read Addicted and was really into it until the ending and I was sooo disappointed. I vowed never to read any of her books again. :mad:

nicko
02-28-2003, 04:56 PM
I've just finished Addicted.. was disappointed about the ending but it was a page turner I read it in 2 days. Now I'm on Heat Seekers...

Jewells
03-12-2003, 10:51 PM
I just started reading this book. It seems as though SEX is the bottom line in all of her books. I agree with KinkyCoils, she could be a great writer, but something is definitely lacking.

Sheinthespirit
03-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Well, I kinda liked Addicted and the Heat Seekers.

I do agree, the foul language is uncalled for, but I read The Heat... after reading No More Love Making. I needed a quick pick me up, because that book was so depressing. I guess I hated to look at the stupid things women do for love.

Back to Zane...Get rid of the foul mouthed stuff and it would be ok. Not a lot of sex in The Heat.... but, it was very easy reading and enjoyable.

Now, I will admit it...I was hot for Geren! For REAL who wouldn't want a man like that? huh? Seriously!

MsTam
03-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I actually just finished reading this book. I thought it was o.k. Some of the language really had me cringing. I mean I know how my mouth is but dayummm. Anyway I know I could never let my momma read this book. I was totally crackin up at the whole midget wedding and Raoul's midget breeding farm. That mess was hilarious. :lol:

CocoDiva
04-02-2003, 05:52 AM
This book is terrible! I just finished. It was terribly trite and predictible.