PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

crittle
12-07-2003, 01:45 AM
I don't know what I am going to do. Today, I took my hair down. For the past 3 weeks, I had cornrows in the front and two strand twists in the back. I had it done professionally. My edges now look really bad. It looks like the cornrows took my hair out. What should I do? My hair also feels really dry. I washed it today. I usually wash once every 8-10 days. I am really concerned and frustrated.

inthestars
12-07-2003, 03:50 AM
My hair feels like straw too..I think it is the cold weather

Missymed
12-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Hi Crittle,

Maybe the stylist braided too tight, or used products that dried your hair out. Or maybe 3 weeks was too long to keep your hair cornrowed. Also maybe you can try to just use conditioner (no-pooing), and let your hair breathe for a few days. Try to put a few loose twists in your hair at night, and take it out the next day for a nice lil' twist out or chunky fro. A leave-in conditioner may be helpful too! :)

thighslikewhat
12-07-2003, 04:43 AM
First up :blab

Now, Missy brought up some very good points. I'd like to add that you should try deep conditioning. One of my favorites to use is Africa's Best Hair Mayo. YOu can see complete instructions in the hair care section of my album. Also, please remember that etensions have drying effects that you just can't expect to remedy over night. So don't get discouraged if you seem to be doing all the right things and getting the wrong results. Hang in there. Healthy moisturized hair is achieved in maintaing a healthy moisturized routine. Meaning maybe that one product won't do it for you right off bat. You just gotta keep workin at it. Sooner or later your hair will thank you.

crittle
12-08-2003, 05:01 AM
This is an update. I think I was paniacing for no reason. Thank you all for the concern though. I have learned that protection is key for my hair. I plan to keep it well moisturized this winter and to not put too much stress on it. Since I felt it was an emergency, I used some curl activator for that supa moisture, but now I am back to my sta-soft fro. Hopefully, no worries anytime soon.