PDA

View Full Version : An Afro

free4life
11-06-2005, 06:30 PM
so i told my bf i did the BC. and i keep saying "don't be mad because my fro is better then yours lol" as a joke. he hasn't seen me with my new hairdo yet though. but he said something strange. he said "so your hair must be straight to have a fro" :doh :huh:

so i'm thinking about this and i'm thinking maybe he means neat. but i keep asking and he's like "no your hair has to be straigth for a fro. cause you comb it out it's straight."

so i said no i've never seen the common fro as being straight. fro's are curly not straight. but i'm still bugging, because i'm not understaning where he is getting afro=straight from. it's just weird. i've never heard it before. lol. anyone one know what he might be thinking about? i just don't get it. it's funny, yet confusing to me. please help me understand lol.

o ya newly :afro: :afro: :afro: FREE4LIFE

jenoy
11-06-2005, 06:51 PM
He may be referring to a blowout, you would use a blowdrier and it appears more straight. Think of Ludacris' fro.

Niya
11-06-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm confused.

Yea you comb/pick the hair out for a fro...
For me, they just go from coils, to zig zags, and that's not straight.

newhoo, if he can't explain, i can't either. lol

MotherLand
11-06-2005, 08:10 PM
I think he means either the way the hair sticks up straight or is pulled upwards straight. :dunno: I have loosely coiled hair and when it gets long enough it doesn't stand up straight it just flops over. Even now that I'm transitioning my hair is doing that, when I brush it down it it stays down it only stands up when it is freshly washed, but it also probably lays down because of the straight hair. Opps! No duh. :dunno: I think you should introduce your boy to nappturality or show him some pics of some members' hair. :) lol

free4life
11-06-2005, 09:49 PM
ok lol

BrownskinnedGoddess
11-06-2005, 10:03 PM
He may mean that when you pick it out, it is going straight out. A good friend of mines was explaining that to me. He was talking about when he had his afro that you had to pick it straight out. :afro: