PDA

View Full Version : What Changes Have You Observed......

Twistednkinky
12-07-2003, 04:08 AM
:-P What changes have you observed to your INTERNAL or EXTERNAL self, since you became napptural? Are they positive or negative changes? Do you think those changes are connected to your napptural state? Why or why not? :-P

Serenity........

divaemeritus
12-07-2003, 04:19 AM
I've become more aware and conscious of my own feelings and emotions over the last year, and learned how to put myself first.

I've also become less tolerant of nonsense and more likely to speak up and speak out about things that bother me. And for me, that's a huge accomplishment.

I've stopped worrying about what men see when they look at me (although I'm married, hopefully you know what I mean). I've demanded more respect overall, so I've received more respect than I ever have in my life.

micahlee
12-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Great Topic…. I have grown so much since I stopped living the lye. Externally, I have hair…lol… Healthy hair at that. My hair is growing , and I’ve experienced very little breakage. I would experience a great deal of breakage when my hair was permed. Also I’m learning to take care of MY hair, which is a first. Internally, when I stopped perming my hair I felt better about myself. I no longer was trying to live up to the superficial ideals of the world, I was doing something for me, and that felt FABULOUS. I honestly wished I had gone napptural sooner :bis

Sweet Epiphany
12-07-2003, 04:43 AM
HI T&K!!! *waves* I feel that since I have a much better sense of self, I've attracted a lot more "real" people in my life. It feels soooooo good!..... :smile

Shanna
12-07-2003, 04:54 AM
I've changed a LOT. I've realized how much stuff I do for no other reason than that's what I thought I was "supposed" to do. I've also become more tolerant of differences, and more aware of the beauty that each person has. And I'm completely away from the "straight is great" mentality. It's also let me like myself just the way I am, no alterations needed! :)

inthestars
12-07-2003, 05:14 AM
Since I became natural, I realized that it is total lie that you can't comb your hair unless it is relaxed or pressed. You can!!

Cherished
12-07-2003, 05:55 AM
I'm more comfortable with who I am.

redchika
12-07-2003, 01:28 PM
Even though i'm still in transition, I have noticed that I am more aware of my natural self. I don't look at what the "norm" in society is (straight hair) and have started to notice that there are more natural people than I suspected before. Especially on commercials and t.v.

Melissa19f
12-07-2003, 03:12 PM
The struggle continues, but I learn to love myself more and more everyday for who I am naturally and not who I can pretend to be unaturally.

I waited until graduated college before I did my big chop, because I was afraid of what people would think. I even texturized at first and chopped again when I forced myself to accept my hair and work with it the way it is.

At first I was still preoccupied with growing long hair in its natural state, but within the last couple of months I've learned to appreciate and love my hair as long as its healthy. I'm still on a mission to grow a big Pam Grier 'fro; but I'm learning to love my twists and my puff just as they are right now.

:-)

KinkyCoils
12-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by divaemeritus@Dec 7 2003, 12:19 AM
I've become more aware and conscious of my own feelings and emotions over the last year, and learned how to put myself first.

I've also become less tolerant of nonsense and more likely to speak up and speak out about things that bother me. And for me, that's a huge accomplishment.

I've stopped worrying about what men see when they look at me (although I'm married, hopefully you know what I mean). I've demanded more respect overall, so I've received more respect than I ever have in my life.
Sorry to bite of your post, but this is how I feel too. I never put myself first especially since I had my children. I've also learned to speak up for myself, even with my own family and friends and thats HUGE for me. I'm usually not good at hashing things out with close relatives. And the last one, how men see me, well I just don't give a d@mn now. I'm starting to feel great about myself.

Tori
12-07-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Shanna@Dec 7 2003, 12:54 AM
I've realized how much stuff I do for no other reason than that's what I thought I was "supposed" to do.
EXACTLY!! I can totally see the matrix now, everywhere! I question everything now, and make sure I make fully CONSCIOUS decisions!

I've even become very clear about how I'd like to raise my children, what I want them to learn, and making our family values explicit and real, in word and in deed.

Twistednkinky
12-07-2003, 06:58 PM
@Sweet.......*waving so hard my Sally&#39;s are shaking* ( :lol )<<I better clarify.....Sally&#39;s refers to the fat on the back of my arm. ( :lol )

Back to the topic.......here&#39;s just a few of my mine!

INTERNAL:

I have come to understand why I do the things that I do.

I have learned to NOT allow the voices of others to become so big in my life that I silence my own.

EXTERNAL:

Clearer skin

Lost weight

There are many other changes that I have noticed......mostly positive and a few negatives, which I am working to correct.

I canNOT attribute ALL the changes that have taken place in my life, as a result of my napptural journey, but I certainly canNOT completely rule the journey out.....of the changes made! :)

felise
12-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Cherished@Dec 7 2003, 06:55 AM
I&#39;m more comfortable with who I am.
Same here :thumbsup .

samantha
12-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Since becoming napptural I see that I am truly wonderfully made.