PDA

View Full Version : Comb Coils

vonshair
12-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Ok when doing ur comb coils where do u start? in the back and work ur way up, or at the front and work ur way to the back?? whats the easiest for u? Do the coils only work on shorter hair? I have about 4-6 inches of hair and i wanted to try these today.
Alittle input would be helpful! :doh lol

Thanks!
Von :rainfro :thumbsup

QueenLena03
12-08-2003, 12:13 AM
You start from the back and work your way up. Your hair has some length so I woudldn't advise that you leave the coils in too long. IMO they work better on shorter hair but there are styles with coils on 5" hair.

NappyAfro
12-08-2003, 12:16 AM
I start mine in the back and work my way up. It was much easier and looked a lot better when my hair was shorter. I find at my current lenght they look a little ridiculous ( like shirley temples). But when I had shorter hair, they were BANGING.

elleebeme5
12-08-2003, 01:51 AM
I agree that they look better on shorter hair. At that length, you might want to try two-strand twists. I start at the back and work my way forward.

nappylynn
12-08-2003, 01:55 AM
actually i saw some comb coils on some medium length hair (4-6 inches) today and it looked really nice

vonshair
12-08-2003, 01:55 AM
ok thanks!!! i did bantu knots instead and they came out really good for my first try!!! :app i can even wear them out the house lol!
Von