PDA

View Full Version : Afro Help

sweetzeta
11-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey,

I have been happily nappural since September 27, 2005. I cut my hair into a short fade so it can grow into an afro. I would like to know what are some things I can do to my hair to get it growing. It has only been like a month and a half of me being napptural, I guess am being impatient. Please help.

I have a picture in my signature to show you what my hair looks like.

jenoy
11-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by sweetzeta@Nov 10 2005, 06:06 PM
Hey,

I have been happily nappural since September 27, 2005. I cut my hair into a short fade so it can grow into an afro. I would like to know what are some things I can do to my hair to get it growing. It has only been like a month and a half of me being napptural, I guess am being impatient. Please help.

Hello and welcome! IMHO just leave it alone and let it grow. ^_^

sweetzeta
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jenoy+Nov 10 2005, 05:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sweetzeta@Nov 10 2005, 06:06 PM
Hey,

Hello and welcome! IMHO just leave it alone and let it grow. ^_^

[/b]

ok. i have been using Doo Gro Products, is it a good product?

AuNappturale
11-11-2005, 01:42 AM
You may want to check the Products forums for info on products.

I agree with the other poster, though. Just let it be.

Poohbear215
11-12-2005, 04:46 PM
no product will make your hair grow any faster.

proper care and nutrition is key to healthy growing natural hair.

as others have mention, leave it alone and do not manipulate it too often.

avoid harsh chemicals/ingredients and heat all together.

eat a well balanced diet of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein.

drink lots of water.

exercise.

and don&#39;t think about your hair. i know it&#39;s hard but when you tend not to think/worry about things so much, time flies and you&#39;ll have long hair in no time.

so live day by day and count each day as a blessing.

take care on your natural journey!

TreSista
11-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I agree w/ what everyone else has said. Just let it do what it does. Your hair will grow but if you&#39;re watching it constantly, you will never see it. For instance, I personally don&#39;t feel like my hair is much longer, but if I compare it today to where it was a year ago, it is a HUGE difference. Just be patient and don&#39;t put all kinds of "growing" goop on it. Just give it the TLC it needs. You&#39;ll realize what your hair does/doesn&#39;t like w/ time.

napturallyme
11-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Patience is a good virtue

ponchichi
11-13-2005, 12:08 AM
Just take care of it, the month after I BC&#39;d, all I did was condition my hair and go pretty much and the growth took care of itself. Keep it moist, and take care of your health and it should grow. Enjoy your TWA!