PDA

View Full Version : Miami Napps

ThinBreaksUK
11-15-2005, 05:32 PM
I will be visiting Miami (staying in the Howard Johnson Dezerland hotel) over the Thanksgiving weekend and my two friends and I, are really trying to get to the Sawgrass Mills Mall on the 25th November before we go back to London does anyone know of a shuttle bus we can get that will drop us off in the morning and will pick us up later in the day (we really wanna take advantage of those Thanksgiving sales :D ) we can't rent a car as none of us drive and a taxi seems kinda steep at over $100 one way.
any advice would be greatly appreciated

ThinBreaksUK

yourdiaree
11-15-2005, 05:59 PM
We have city buses that u can catch. Also the hotel just may have a shuttle that takes u within like a 15 mile radius. Hope this helps if not give me a shout. YEP

ThinBreaksUK
11-16-2005, 11:24 AM
yourdiaree thanks for the info, do you know what city buses to take? will we need to change buses alot? I have no idea what transport is like in Miami what time in the morning do buses start running? we wanna leave early to get there early in the morning

Sorry for all the questions
TIA
ThinBreaks

Kinkes
11-18-2005, 07:10 AM
I'll do it for $100 BOTH ways!

No joke! :)

mistytea
11-18-2005, 06:58 PM
You could call Metrobus Information Customer Service to get information on getting around on the city bus. Call Customer Services at 305-770-3131, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Also you would need Broward County Metrobus Information, because Sawgrass is located in Broward County. There number is 1-954-357-8400.

To go from Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel/Dezerland Beach & Spa to the Sawgrass Mall you will take the Route S-Aventura bus. You can catch that bus right near your hotel and that bus only goes North.

You would exit at the Aventura Mall Food Court. That's located in the back of the mall.

From the Aventura mall you would catch the #1 to the Browad County Central Terminal and then transfer to the #22 - West bus. That bus will take you directly to the Sawgrass Mills Mall.

The #1 bus run every 15 minutes and the #22 run every 20 minutes.

Call those above numbers to find out what time the last bus would leave Sawgrass, because you don't want to get stranded. It's best to go early in the morning, because Sawgrass has a lot of ground of shopping ground to cover....

There is also a shuttle that you could catch per Sawgrass Mills Mall. It's 20.00 per person round trip. The times for pick up are 9:40am and 12:40 pm and returning would be at 3:00pm and 6:00 pm. You would need to call 305-956-2839 either the day before or very early that morning to arrange your pick up time. From your hotel it may take an hour to get to Sawgrass.

Also, Sawgrass gives you a discount if you are visiting. Go to the information booth. You will just need proof, like your hotel key, bill...etc.

Have fun and enjoy your stay....