PDA

View Full Version : For Anita Blake fans

frizzyme
12-09-2003, 09:09 PM
I came across Minion by LA Banks. I'm pretty sure that she's read the Anita Blake series and there are some definite similiarities. She's an African American author, and I think this is her first novel. The book was not bad and seemed to pick up speed as it went along. The ending was really good and I'm looking forward to the next installment. I loved that the heroine and her mentor wore locs. I don't want to give the story away. Just wanted to let those of you who like are liked Anita Blake before her transformation know about this new author. I'll have to see if I can find out anything more about her on amazon.com

Amarige
12-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Additional suggestions for Anita Blake fans.

Bitten--Kelly Armstrong
Sunshine--Robin McKinley
Midnight Blue--Nancy Collins

tjolims
12-10-2003, 08:47 PM
I can vouch for Bitten. It was pretty good, and I liked the concept quite a bit.

frizzyme
12-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Amarige which of those would you actually buy as opposed to borrowing from the library. I'll look for Bitten

Bushwoman
12-19-2003, 10:56 AM
yea... i liked minion, well enuough. however i am now tired of waiting for the next. i will prob have to reread it again when the next one comes out. I had the strange feeling that i wasnt the only one reading anita blake books. Also if you like anita blake, try Charlaine Harris's
Dead until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
Club Dead
They are all paperback (about $6) at the bookstore. I am not sure they were at the library. But its sort of the same premis of what if vampires were legal citizens. It takes alil to get into but give em a try.
Also you might like Crimson Kiss by K. Baker or Barker. They were okay. There are 2 more books in that series. I really didnt like how they ended but you ladies might. It centers around a really strong female heroine.
I am going to try Bitten. I am really starting to go through withdrawl symptoms for a new Anita blake book. I am hoping they resolve some of the crazy new stuff. I dont know if I like Anita being all sexpot like. Give me back the ol' pretentious almost prude and very cynical Anita. Too much lovie dovie, settlind down crapola. It seemed to go this direction after we learned Edward really did have a heart in Obsidion Butterfly. Oh well, thats my gripe early this morning.

Amarige
12-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by frizzyme@Dec 11 2003, 01:53 PM
Amarige which of those would you actually buy as opposed to borrowing from the library. I'll look for Bitten
I work at Borders Bookstore pt, so I say run to Borders and buy them all! :rolleyes :rolleyes
Honestly I would get them all at the library. My local library even has Anita Blake. I'm not sure if Nancy Collins is available at the library, the format is a little different.

Lil Eve
12-19-2003, 06:42 PM
I am so hooked on Anita Blake! Thanks for the reading tips!

I must admit that I liked Anita best before she started sleeping with Jean Claude. The last few books have been like reading a steamy diary. Way too many details for me.

mellow
12-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Thanks Amarige!

I checked on the Nancy Collins book, but was told it's out of print. I'll have to see about Bitten.

Sekhmet
12-08-2005, 05:03 AM
Yes. I'm bumping this positively ancient thread because I don't want to waste space with a new one on the same topic. ^_^

Anyway, I was surfing Amazon.com and saw that there's a new Anita Blake paperback coming in early February. It's titled Micah. Apparently it's all about AB and her Nimir-Raj traveling without JC or Richard ( :wub: ). So that means sex, sex, SEX!

Anybody planning to read it?

I'm doubtful. If it were hardcover, I'd B&N it. But it looks like it's going straight to paperback. Maybe if I read mention of Richard having a cameo in there. ;)