PDA

View Full Version : Natural Women's attraction to Natural Men

AuNaturel
12-11-2003, 02:33 PM
[B]Hey Fam:

Quick question for you:

Do you all find yourselves gravitating more toward men with natural hair styles (i.e. twist outs, locs, etc.)?

Let me explain:
I was starting to think my boyfriend and I were at risk because our styles had grown in different directions. I became a napptural sista, while he ventured more towards the "Taye Diggs in Brown Suga" style.

Don't get me wrong, I love him death, but I started to feel that when we were out in public, we were getting "the eyes".....people would look at us as though we were from another planet.

I've since come to the conclusion that our love transcends the stares of ignorance. Our love is real and unconditional. He supports whatever decisions I make regarding my hair and has since started growing his own hair for a "D.L. Hughley" twist out..........yay, us!

Share your thoughts, please! :rainfro

Dreamyb
12-11-2003, 03:22 PM
i thought most brothers were natural because they sport their naps whether it's in a fade or longer (fro's, braids, locs, whatever)
so it's all the same...natural

people shouldn't get too caught up in the fact that your hair is unprocessed and his hair is closely cropped. it shouldn't matter.

eta: i just realized this is in the wrong forum. oops.

LotsOfLocs
12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
I too agree that men with short hairstyles are still natural. I however dont like men with twist outs, individual plaits, fancy cornrows, 2 strand, or very neat locs. I like fros, short cuts, and locs that are not too neat.

BlkButterflye
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
i like some hair for euphoric reasons (lol) except really "neat" locs. and perms are way out of the question*shudder*..... but my last serious male relationship was with a brotha who wore a mohawk(pre-Puffy), which was a lil'bit of a combo and i liked it a lot....

ETA: really fancy cornrows and plaits are tooo trendy for me....but i digress.....hopefully my quirks won't keep me from discovering my twin flame......BUT if it is male, he better NOT have a perm or we will probably NEVER, EVER meet.... :amour

aquababie19
12-11-2003, 03:59 PM
it depends on the man, but i really don't care for cornrows or any type of braid style on a man. lawd i saw a dude with beads on his braids the other day! on a man....that really bugs me!

NikNak
12-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Bald, fade, neatly trimmed fro, locs, hell as long as it's neatly kept (clean too), it's all good.

JustAnAngel
12-11-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm with BlkButterFlye on men with perms... not happening over here. I also think Dreamy B's got it right... men can be natural with locs, fro's, even short cuts... but i gotta be real and tell you I've got a jones for those brothas with locs.... I don't know what it is, but everywhere I go, those seem to be the one's that catch my eye...

Sonryse
12-12-2003, 03:51 AM
Locs not too neat and not too nappy, low fade, dont really like braids on a guy. or long hair in a ponytail..(too ugly) a perm on a man GOTTA GO!!!

jenteel
12-12-2003, 05:05 AM
i am into different dudes
hair is not really an issue
just as long as he doesn't process it any way
(color, perm, texturize)
yuk!
he has 2 be extremely intelligent
i like locs and twists and a reg. low cut
i am so not into the typical cornrows, baggy jeans type of dude
(no offense)
my s.o dresses very ecclectic and alternates between
twists (not double stranded) that he does himself
or a low cut

karmlkinks
12-13-2003, 04:03 AM
[B]no longer glance at men with low haircuts and "waves"
i :tiptoe find myself gravitating towards men with longer natural hair..i.e.ludacris...
and personally i love when a man has intricate cornrow styles..i.e.allen iverson...
i think it adds to the character of that individual...
neat locs are a head turner for me also

carrolina
12-13-2003, 05:04 AM
i love messy locks. that's so sexy to me. any big/frizzy hair on men drives me wild lol. texture isnt important, but i love wild hair on anyone. low cut is cool too, but it doesnt draw my attention. straightened/colored hair is a big o' turn off lol.

LadyGemini
12-13-2003, 05:19 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely starting to gravitate towards men with locs, twists, and longer, wild afro looks. Maybe it's hair envy.... hmmmm

ini
12-13-2003, 05:57 AM
my bf's hair is short (although he is growing it out) but i love to see a man with a big ole fro!

felise
12-13-2003, 11:33 AM
Men with locs are soooo sexy!

Dolliesdaughter
12-13-2003, 01:30 PM
My DH has a bald head and a nice beard. I have been into beards since I was 18. MMM good. So I guess I like bald heads and beards.

I think guys look attractive as long as their hair isn't processed ie perm, S curl, etc, no matter the style. Oh, I think long hair and ponytails are hideous on any man regardless of race. to me long hair on guys is so femine. That's just me.

karmlkinks
12-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by felise@Dec 13 2003, 06:33 AM
Men with locs are soooo sexy!
:) mmmhmm

bajanempress
12-13-2003, 10:14 PM
yummy is more the word- i love men with nuff hair

MuthaErth
12-13-2003, 10:31 PM
i love men with natural hair. i don't like this duke/scurl thing :nohuh

Kalico
12-14-2003, 02:21 AM
I like a conservative barber cut or freeform/organic locks. I don't care for the trendy looks including free form fros, and I don't think that "women dos" are cute on men. I don't attract the trendy types anyway so its a kind of a moo' point.

Makeda
12-15-2003, 01:41 AM
dudes with locs are HOT

troublefunk
12-15-2003, 02:19 PM
AHEM

*stepping into room waving locs in the air*

*wondering how the heck I missed this thread :doh *

Dreamyb
12-29-2003, 07:42 PM
:lol @ t-funk

Saundus
12-30-2003, 07:32 AM
I want me a loced man. BUT I will take a bald man too.

I like pretty much anything messy with a neatness to it. As long as it is not two strand extensions, single plaits, the bow locks and beads deal. Anything that is not pimped out or consisting of bows/pressed/s-curls/gherried styles it's good with me.

I don't like intricate braid styles either, it's too feminine IMO.

blumoonbabe
12-30-2003, 09:07 AM
I can take anything except

Processed hair
Greasy hair
Dirty, linty, stank hair
Overly intricate cornrows

I'd have to say I'm more partial to a wild fro, but what matters most is whats up under his scalp, dig?