PDA

View Full Version : Clarifying Conditioners?

narcissaqtpie
02-20-2003, 09:06 PM
Does anyone use a clarifying conditioner? I've seen ones made by Suave and by V05

Does it work like a shampoo?

How does it differ from "regular" conditioner?

spacetygrss
02-20-2003, 09:28 PM
Does anyone use a clarifying conditioner? I've seen ones made by Suave and by V05

I don't use one, although I'm thinking about adding one into my routine. They're different in that they normally having some kind of acidic property that allows them to cleanse the hair. I know that one of the ones that I saw had citric acid in it, so basically, it was like they had already added the lemon juice to the conditioner for you. I guess it just cuts out a step.

HTH

Brit
02-20-2003, 09:31 PM
thanks for posting because i was also wondering about this.

narcissaqtpie
02-20-2003, 09:42 PM

I don't use one, although I'm thinking about adding one into my routine. They're different in that they normally having some kind of acidic property that allows them to cleanse the hair. I know that one of the ones that I saw had citric acid in it, so basically, it was like they had already added the lemon juice to the conditioner for you. I guess it just cuts out a step.

HTH

Thanks!

spacetygrss
02-20-2003, 09:49 PM
You're welcome! :)

EarthTones
02-21-2003, 02:11 AM
Hi Ladies...

Thermasilk also has a Clarifying Conditioner that works well. It didn't strip my hair or leave it feeling dry. I only used it once and didn't have a lot of buildup when I used it. But I was pleased with the results.

HTH...
Dawn

spacetygrss
02-22-2003, 04:35 AM
I just used the VO5 kiwi lime squeeze clarifying conditioner for my mid-week "wash." It was great! My hair was soft and had NO tangles. It won't be replacing my Elucence, but I will still use it. I think that I will alternate between it and my Elucence (i.e. continue use the Elucence for deep conditioning and leave-in, but use the VO5 for "washing."). I like it because it already has the citric acid. Therefore, I don't have worry about running out of lemon juice to mix with my Elucence when I need to clarify.

Very nice. Thanks narcissaqtipie for reminding me to try this (I've been thinking about it for months)! :)

justice4alw
02-22-2003, 04:46 AM
I also sometimes use the VO5 Kiwi & Lime Clarifying Conditioner. Since I'm "no poo" I use it like a shampoo. I got the idea from Natural Serenity.

It works wonderfully and has a nice smell.

bornjamarican
02-22-2003, 06:56 AM
I use the Nexxus Aloe Rid Clarifying Shampoo every now and then. After I have rinsed it out, my hair seems very clean.
Here is the best comparison I can give:
It leaves my hair feeling cleaner than a shampoo like Cream of nature
( it detangles but doesnt leave hair feeling "fresh")
However, leaves my hair feeling as clean as if i used a Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil in it.
Hopefully this makes sense.

Sincererly,
Bornjamarican

bornjamarican
02-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Sorry,
I read the initial post again and realized you said "conditioner".
I also use the VO5 Kiwi/Lime clarifying Conditioner. When I am in a rush, I like to rub a little into my scalp and the front part of my hair. Since I pull my hair back often with gel, pomades, & creams, that is where I get the most build up. It works well for me

Sincerely,
bornjamarican

Maestradiva77
02-22-2003, 04:42 PM
Hi Ladies...

Thermasilk also has a Clarifying Conditioner that works well. It didn't strip my hair or leave it feeling dry. I only used it once and didn't have a lot of buildup when I used it. But I was pleased with the results.

HTH...
Dawn

Hmm..gotta try that. Thanks.

EarthTones
02-23-2003, 05:00 AM
As I perused the HBA aisles in Walmart today (I suppressed the PJ in me and didn't buy any hair products! but tomorrow is a new day...) I noticed that Herbal Essences also has a purifying conditioner...with Kiwi, Kumquat and Fig.