PDA

View Full Version : New York City

Knsoroma
12-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Hey are any nappys gonna be in NYC specifically Times Square for New Years Eve/Day?

tran68
12-12-2005, 02:11 AM
every year I threaten to go...but nobody wants to come with. :( Maybe if someone could give me an idea of where I should stay, etc...it might help....all those PEOPLE! Sounds like FUN! :)

ValleyOfDecision
12-12-2005, 02:24 AM
Truthfully.....

in my circle of friends and acquaintances, we stay away from Times Square. Very crowded and usually cold like hell is about to freeze over. Oh, and prices soar even higher than they normally are in that area.

But, you never know.... maybe someone on here actually goes over there.

:2cents: :2cents:

Knsoroma
12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
every year I threaten to go...but nobody wants to come with. :( Maybe if someone could give me an idea of where I should stay, etc...it might help....all those PEOPLE! Sounds like FUN! :)
[/b]

Honestly it all depends on how much you want to spend on a hotel. I am going with a friend and we are staying on 32nd and Times Square is on 42nd. So, for each of us it will cost a little less than 190 (just got it a couple days ago) which we decided to be OK with because we wanted a nicer hotel and we don't plan on doing this again because we've been told it is something you do just once because it is so cold and crowded. Although I personally don't mind the crowds. Now you can get much cheaper hotels if you stay out by one of the airports or in NJ and take the subway or a bus over the bridge.

TGee
12-12-2005, 10:19 PM
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Honestly it all depends on how much you want to spend on a hotel. I am going with a friend and we are staying on 32nd and Times Square is on 42nd. So, for each of us it will cost a little less than 190 (just got it a couple days ago) which we decided to be OK with because we wanted a nicer hotel and we don&#39;t plan on doing this again because we&#39;ve been told it is something you do just once because it is so cold and crowded. Although I personally don&#39;t mind the crowds. Now you can get much cheaper hotels if you stay out by one of the airports or in NJ and take the subway or a bus over the bridge.
[/b][/quote]

I always think it&#39;s so cute when ppl who don&#39;t live here want to do the "ball" thing!!

I wouldn&#39;t do it again even if I was 20 again (when I first did it!) It really is hard to describe how many people are there and how truly cold it is. It was 3 degrees way back when I went. 3!!! Protect your naps, people!!! LOL!! oh, youth....!! Have fun for all those who wish to go and experience the madness!

I love my city, but That N Y Eve&#39;s thing is CRAZY!!! :D

italdumpling
12-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Lived in New York for many years, now living in Baltimore :P

Went to Times squre when I was 17 with a bunch of high school friends, and I would NEVA do that again. Not only were we surrounded by a bunch of crazy, extremely drunk people. It was raining and freezing! Then it took us forever to get on the train back to Long Island.

I would say go ahead and experience it for yourself, life is all about expereincing different things!

My cous is coming from Jamaica to visit for the holidays and he wants to go, I told him "I&#39;ll put you on the train to Times square but I won&#39;t be going anywhere near that place" :D

sunschild57
12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I did the Times Square thing when I was 19 (i&#39;m now 48). The next time I did it, I was 35. It was nice. It was nice because I was looking down on all the crazy people freezing their butts off from a nice room at the Marriott Marquis. The best thing was, the room was free...my brother works at the Marriott :D .

decnewbie
12-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I&#39;ve never done it and I wouldn&#39;t do it if Guy Lombardo came to pick me up personally and drove me over there!