PDA

View Full Version : Can I freeze CDHHB?

nappypickny
02-21-2003, 05:19 AM
I have two jars of CDHHB and I know that I won't be able to use them up within the 6 months. The label says it should be used up within 6 months and is to be refrigerated. Do you think I can preserve it by freezing it? Could I remove it from the glass jar and put it in a plastic container and freeze it until I'm ready to use it? Will this ruin the consisteny?

lydicarol
02-21-2003, 02:27 PM
Just my personal opinion..........

I use CDHHB and I keep it at room temperature. For some reason even when I refrigerate it and then take it out, I can't stand the texture - it turns into watery gunk(although it could be the particular fridge that I have, I've kept another batch in another fridge for wayy longer than 6 months and had no issues). The best thing for you to do is to place it into a plastic container and keep it in your fridge, I wouldn't bother with freezing.

NappGirlCurl
02-21-2003, 03:46 PM
I've had a jar since July 2002 and it doesn't seem bad yet. I keep it at room temperature.

Knottygal
02-21-2003, 08:57 PM
Definitely don't freeze it.

I have a jar that I bought quite some time ago and I had it in a refrigerator for a while than I just sat it on the counter w/ the rest of my stuff.

It keeps well room temp.

Amarige
02-26-2003, 12:19 PM
I emailed the company several product related questions and they were quick to respond.

Keepitnatural
03-02-2003, 02:32 AM
I keep my jar of CDHHB on my window seal in the bathroom, I don't like the consistency when I take it from the refrigerator. I wouldn't suggest putting the jar in the freezer.

Slim_E
03-03-2003, 06:35 AM
Umm, I don't think it will be any good if you freeze it. I think they suggest refrigerating it because the product has a tendency to separate, like the Hair milk... I'm constantly shaking up my bottle of Hair milk <sigh>