PDA

View Full Version : Kemi Oyl Shee Butter Pomade in the SF/Bay Area

bornjamarican
02-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Hello,
Are there any Ladies here from the SF/Bay Area that has found a place to buy this product?

I have looked with no success.

Sister1
02-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Hi Jamerican:

You know there is a beauty supply store in East Oakland around 98th Avenue and East 14 street (International Blvd). For the life of me I can't remember the name. You might look in the Yellow pages and see if there is a beauty supply store that is around 98th Avenue. My sister lives in Berkeley and I will ask her the exact name (I'm sorry I can't remember the name. I was raised in Oakland but don't live there anymore. Gradually forgetting street names :lol: ). I think there is a store on Shattuck Avenue?? There are a few other nappturals here from the Bay Area- Iggles and Papillion, I'm sure they will know some names.

bornjamarican
02-22-2003, 03:59 PM
Sister1,
Thanks for responding. I used to live in Oakland too for a couple of years and I am over there all the time. I think I know which beauty supply store your talking about near 98th and E14. I will go try. I have been to a lot of beauty supplies in SF and Oakland and haven't had any success. Haven't tried Berkeley though. Hmmmm.

Sincerely,
Bornjamarican

Sister1
02-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Bornjamerican:

I just remembered there used to be black owned store called Univeral Beauty Supply(?). Again, it may be on Shattuck near 51st Street. There is an Ethiopian restaurant named Asmara in the same vicinity.