PDA

View Full Version : Cold feet

narcissaqtpie
02-23-2003, 09:53 PM
My feet are always cold! I tried massaging, wearing socks fresh out the dryer, even rubbing my feet on big hubby dont work! My feet stay cold.

Now the funny thing is when I run my feet get hot :?

I dont know whats wrong with me :oops:

wannabenappy
02-23-2003, 10:09 PM
My feet stay cold too. Somebody once told me it's probably poor circulation and that I'm probably not getting enough Iron in my diet.

Azure
02-23-2003, 11:00 PM
I have this same problem! My feet stay cold no matter what, but if I put on some lotion and them some socks my feet will sweat...and then be cold again :x . But if I don't put on any lotion my heels get all rusty...well you get the picture.

How can I increase circulation and get more iron?

Kkeete
02-23-2003, 11:50 PM
My feet are always cold too! Maybe it is poor circulation.

wannabenappy
02-24-2003, 01:47 AM
Wow, I didn't realize we had so many sistas with cold here here! :wink:

spacetygrss
02-24-2003, 01:56 AM
You may have Raynaud's syndrome. It's very common in woman. I have it.

You have to be really careful to keep your feet or fingers warm because you can end up getting gas gangrene...which will lead to doctors having to cut your finger/toe tips off.

If it's really bad I recommend that you go to the doctor to see if you can get Nifedipine to help you out.

Peace

wannabenappy
02-24-2003, 02:02 AM
You may have Raynaud's syndrome. It's very common in woman. I have it.

You have to be really careful to keep your feet or fingers warm because you can end up getting gas gangrene...which will lead to doctors having to cut your finger/toe tips off.

If it's really bad I recommend that you go to the doctor to see if you can get Nifedipine to help you out.

Peace

:shock:

Okay, now I'm concerned. I didn't think it could get so bad. What other symptoms besided cold feet did you have?

narcissaqtpie
02-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Here is an article on Raynaud's.

(Do a google)

My feet get cold at all times, not just when I am exposed to cold. I am going to start taking my vitamins again, and possibly a low dose iron supplement to see if it will help things.

Knottygal
02-24-2003, 09:27 PM
I have cold feet too. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

tracyannette
03-02-2003, 12:11 AM
I can't believe I got to this so late. My feet and hands get very cold all the time. Most time the soles of my feet turn kinda blue. I went to my doctor, and she said it was a circulation problem. She never mentioned the possiblity of a syndrome. This concerns me, thanks for the info.
:?
Tracy

Na
03-02-2003, 04:06 AM
Same here... cold feet and hands. More so the feet. Funny, this even happens in the summer

spacetygrss
03-02-2003, 04:56 AM
[ :shock:

Okay, now I'm concerned. I didn't think it could get so bad. What other symptoms besided cold feet did you have?

They hurt, turn white, then bllue, then red when the circulation returns. Sometimes I also experience swelling in my toes.

Like I said before, Raynaud's is very common. Often, something as simple as keeping the fingers and toes warm (in the winter, as well as the summer) will work. For others, medications will help. It's important to be seen about the problem though because sometimes it can be secondary to other issues, like certain autoimmune diseases.

Be careful ladies and don't let doctor's brush your concerns off.

blakgirl
03-02-2003, 11:28 PM
i'm slightly anemic and my understanding is cold extremities is one of the symptoms. i take a iron supplement and a B-complex a day.

blak.

Melanizm
03-03-2003, 01:34 AM
cold feet = lack of iron in your diet...(in most cases)

Honeycomb
03-16-2003, 01:37 AM
I have cold feet, I live in Florida (used to live in Buffalo, NY) and I dread the cooler weather because I know my feet will suffer. I went to Buffalo, NY a week ago, for about a week and I went outside only once because my feet got so cold and numb that I caught a really bad cold my first day there. I'm really going to look into that Raynard's Syndrome to see if I have the symptoms.

Deej
03-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Health food store lady told me it could be too much starch in my diet. She could be right.