PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Conditioner/Shampoo etc

TeaKyoo
02-23-2003, 09:07 PM
Has any one used the bases on this site to make conditioner or shampoo. They also have shower gel bases etc...

I am interested to hear if anyone tried or will try these in the future.

https://www.from-nature-with-love.com/soap/...ap/BathBase.asp (https://www.from-nature-with-love.com/soap/BathBase.asp)

TQ :wink:

Base: Conditioner

A gentle creamy conditioner without the mineral oil. Add 1-3% fragrance oil or 1-2 % essential oil. Some fragrance oils that contain vanilla may turn the conditioner brown at first and then fade to a light creamy color. This will affect the color of the conditioner slightly. FD & C dyes mixed in water incorporate easily. Micas and oxides can be incorporated by premixing the powder with a bit of oil. Blend the colored oil into a small amount of gel first and then add the colored gel to the rest of the batch. The addition of herbal extracts, liquid silk, small amounts of oil, aloe vera gel and other additives may be possible but will require some trial and error.
Ingredients:

* Water
* Cetrimonium Chloride
* Cetyl Alcohol
* Stearyl Alcohol
* DMDM Hydantoin
* Panthenol
* Methylparaben
* Propylparaben
* Jojoba Oil

Base: Shampoo Gel

A mild formulation without the SLS or ALS. This formulation cleans very nicely without leaving hair feeling over-stripped. You may try adding a small amount of liquid castille soap base for extra lather (test the shampoo gel and the castille separately with the fragrance or essential oil first and then proceed). Add 1-3% fragrance oil or 1-2 % essential oil. Some fragrance oils that contain vanilla may turn the gel brown at first but it seems to dissipate when mixed well. The shampoo base is pearlized and slightly yellow in color and may affect the final color. FD & C dyes mixed in water incorporate easily. Micas and oxides can be incorporated by premixing the powder with a bit of oil. Blend the colored oil into a small amount of gel first and then add the colored gel to the rest of the batch. The addition of herbal extracts, liquid silk, small amounts of oil, aloe vera gel and other additives may be possible but will require some trial and error.
Ingredients:

* Water
* Lauryl Glucoside
* Cocamidopropyl Betaine
* Sodium Chloride
* Glyceryl Stearate
* Vegetable Glycerin
* Panthenol
* Polyquaternium-10
* Methylchloroisothiazolinone
* Methylisothiazolinone
* Shea Butter
* EDTA
* Apple Cider Vinegar
* Jojoba Oil

Safiyyah
03-22-2003, 06:10 AM
I like homemade stuff to be 1000% natural. So anything with names I can't pronounce are out my list. Sorry I can't help