PDA

View Full Version : how many hair products do you have

nikkij
02-24-2003, 08:57 AM
this is to all of the product junkies out there-how many hair products do you think you own? i have sooooooo much stuff. my list include nexxus, paul mitchell, motions, suave, oils, infusiam 23, etc. i know it is a bit much but i have collected them over like 5 0r 6 years. i have three daughters and a son who hair that i braid so the products do come in handy but know since i have heard so many good things about aura and cd, i want to try those. pleeeaaassseee say you can feel me on this one

curlyq
02-24-2003, 04:19 PM
I understand exactly what ur talking about. My mom keeps a tons of hair products. All though I do have my own. a few of them I got frm my sis, she'll buy it, not like it, and then she'll give it to me to try. (Our hair textures are a little diff.) So far I've got Motions, Textures&Tones(I'm going to trash that one), Cream of nature, Aussie, and Aveda.
I don't shampoo my hair often so I only use Creamof nature or Motions shampoo. But I'm always on the look out for better moisturizing conditioners. Aussie has a conditioner and shapoo called "moist". It makes my hair feel really soft. And Aveda is great for the "allnatural" junkies. I got the sap moss Sham+cond. I don't think I'l ever stop trying new hair products. That's 1 of the perks of natural hair!

Peace curlq :D

ravenqt
02-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Ok, all of the products that I own are-

Currently using:

-3 Suave Shampoos (different scents)
-6 Suave Conditioners (different scents)
-Fantasia Hair Polisher Gel
-Pantene Relaxed and Natural Shampoo
-Pantene Relaxed and Natural Conditioner
-Cream of Nature shampoo/conditioner
-Frizz-Ease Hair Serum
-Lustrasilk Cholesterol deep conditioner
-Coconut Oil (for my relaxed ends)
-African Pride Oil (for my relaxed ends)
-UltraSheen pressing cream (when I press to trim)

Still own but not currently using :

-Black & Sassy creamy set
-Lottobody setting lotion
-Let's Jam shine grease
-Suave leave-in spray
-Pantene leave-in conditoner spray
-Suave Aloe Vera holding gel
-Breakthru hair cream

I think that's it :?.

krazeenapps
02-24-2003, 04:59 PM
I've got African Royale, Hollywood, Aussie, Salon Selectives, ORS (should get rid of everything I have), Thermasilk, Profective, just got an Aura Sample, Aubrey Organics, Elucence, Doo Grow, Ampro, Fantasia IC, Redken, Motions, Bumble and Bumble, Carol's Daughter. And trust me, I still want to get/try some Mane & Tail, more Redken stuff, more Thermasilk, Suave, Pantene, Abba, Kenra, Aveda, more Elucence, KemiOyl. And then there's all of the natural oils and things I have stocked up. So yeah, I'm feelin you. :oops:

curlyq
02-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Hey ravenqt,

How do those new Pantene products work? R they someting special or are they just like the other Pantene products?

curlyq

nikkij
02-24-2003, 05:21 PM
my sistas, my sistas i wish i could hug you all because my husband make me feel like i am the only person in the world that have a collection of hair products. oh yeah and by the way i have this hair product call wella's lifetex depth charge and it is wonderful but expensive. i think i paid 25 dollars but it is a decent size jar and you don't have to use alot. it makes my hair feel like butter though and it smell so so good. have anyone tried it :?: i haven't heard any mention of it on the threads that i have read

temfash
02-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Ive got so many products its going to take me years to finish them all 8)

ravenqt
02-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Hey ravenqt,

How do those new Pantene products work? R they someting special or are they just like the other Pantene products?

curlyq

I had posted a review in this section but it is now on the 3rd page so I will copy what I said for you to read. I actually really like the shampoo and conditioner. My hair is very soft and I notice that my cornrow-out is less frizzy and hangs looser :P .

My review:

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:50 pm Post subject: Review of Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo and Conditio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I bought the new Pantene Relaxed & Natural Shampoo and Conditioner.

Shampoo- I really liked the shampoo. Usually when I use Suave shampoo, my hair feels a little stripped and tangled. But this shampoo did not do this. Its creamy and my hair felt soft after shampooing. I only lather once.

Conditioner- The conditioner left my hair detangled and soft.

My hair felt similiar to when I use the Creme of Nature shampoo/conditioner.

For Pantene No Pooers- The conditioner has the same ingredients as the Pantene Hydrating Curls conditioner except they added Jojoba Seed Oil, and Coconut Oil.

Shampoo ingredients:Water, Petrolatum, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauric Acid, Trihydroxystearin, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Disodium EDTA, PEG-14M, Pathenol.

Conditioner ingredients: Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Penthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Penthenol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

msladymam
02-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Dang Nikkij, why did you have to put my business out there :lol: I have so much stuff it's unreal. We just moved into a new house and I've already used up my bathroom space with hair products. I keep eyeing my husband's side, but he already warned me...twice :x I'm trying to do better, but then again this past weekend I just purchased L'oreal curl vive conditioner, more infusium 23, dark & lovely cholestrol deep conditioner, and ordered kemi oyl products online, yikes!!! Shoot, I may need to join Product Junkie Anonymous :cry:

blakgirl
02-24-2003, 09:58 PM
32. :oops:

blak.

GalaxyGirl2010
02-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Im a reforming product junkie and I have 1 shampoo (suave biobasics), 1 daily conditioner (amenta cherry almond bark), 1 leave in product (mixture of amenta elixir,shea oil,rosemary EO,geranium,EO,rosewood EO,honey) and using olive oil as a deep conditioner. Also, Ive been going crazy at fromnaturewithlove.com and just bought camelina oil,blackcurrant oil,sage oil,coriander oil...

maybe my reform isnt working so well? :roll:

marissasensei
02-24-2003, 10:33 PM
I'm a recovering product junkie, so I've mainly been trying to use up everything I have. As it stands now, I probably have a couple dozen different hair products, though this number is gradually shrinking. I will have to go cold turkey for a while once I loc, b/c my routine will then be down to shampoo and an herbal rinse. :?

blkrighteousspace1
02-24-2003, 10:48 PM
well...personally....i'm a proud product addict, not trying to reform.....not wanting to reform, :D (not trying to step on anyone's toes, or tinkle on anyone's parade) but kudos to the sistas that are doing such, because you are stronger than I......some are addicted to drugs.....some addicted to alcohol.......some addicted to other dangerous vices......i figure i could be out there bouncing off the deep end.....so this one little vice won't hurt me.....as long as it doesn't affect my bills being paid and etc :-).....i digress

Products Currently In my Washroom

-Suave Strawberry Shampoo & Tropical Coconut Conditioner (C+)
- Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap (B....A- for locks.....good for getting rid of styling product build-up, and build-up from the environment)
-Nature's Gate Awapuhi shampoo & conditioner ©
-Selsum Blue shampoo (B)
-Head & Shoulder's shampoo (B)
-Carol's Daughter Ocean shampoo & water rinse (B...because of the rinse...it's so practical to have)
-Soft & Beautiful Botanicals (so far this is my A.....the Organic Complex Conditioner is on point as a leave in conditioner)

Oils/Pomades

-CD's Healthy Hair Butter (B-/C+)....depending on the application.....sometimes it leaves me with whitehead on my twists....but when i put it on my natural hair and work it through from root to end....it's good when i put my hair in knots while it's wet.
-CD Mimosa Hair Honey (B+) good everyday usage....works as a good pomade
-Ginseng Miracle Wonder 8 Oil Original & Invigorating- good as a hot oil treatment as well as good for blow drying hair (A).
-Motions Oil Moisturizer- good on twists to get a little poof
-some off brand Carrot Oil ©, about the same consistancy of CD's Hair Butter, break open in case of emergency....but other than that....keep it in the medicine cabinet
-Palmer's Cocoa Butter- (B) used it when i forgot my leave in conditioner....it's alright, it tied me over until i got back home, and it didn't leave a lot of build-up when i worked it through using a wide tooth comb and a brush...on wet hair

Those are all the products I can name off hair.....mind you when I use a lot of my after shampoo products....i use them on a WET or damp head. According to the LOIS system....I am a LS....predominantly S, so what works for me may not work for you....and vice versa.....i'll look up my hair type according to the numbers one day :?

nikkij
02-25-2003, 12:26 AM
msladymam, you know what is funny, when we moved to alaska we had to camoflauge my hair products by putting them in different boxes, putting plastic over them, and covering them with cloths or something. and another funny thing is i just came from buying loreal curl vive. my husband complains about having no space all the time. i just bought 2 big plastic tubs today to stash this stuff in the basement. i am so addicted-i need to join you at PJA but it will be alright

thickncoili
02-25-2003, 03:34 PM
Currently using:

1 suave tropical coconut conditioner= B+
1 1/2 elucence conditioner=A
1 kenra conditioner=B
3 tropical dominican conditioners=A
1 ors lock and twist gel=B
1 aloe vera gel = undecided. just got it.
1 cd honey=A
1 cd magic=A
1 glass (summer) = B
2 bubble up curling creme (summer) = B

not using but afraid to get rid of:

3 cd hair milk =C
1/2 ouidad balancing rinse (large) =B
1 ouidad curl quencher conditioner =B
2 ouidad curl quencher shampoo =C
1 ouidad water works shampoo =C
1 hb carrot oil creme =C
1 hb caster oil hair dressing =B
1 hb olive oil = C
1 cd khoret amen oil = B
1 cd tui oil =C
1 ampro hair wax =A
1 aveda humectant pomade = undecided. don't know what its suppose to do
1 ouidad botanical rinse (large)=B
1 ouidad climate control gel (large)=F
1 aveda sap moss conditioner = can't remember

msladymam
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
msladymam, you know what is funny, when we moved to alaska we had to camoflauge my hair products by putting them in different boxes, putting plastic over them, and covering them with cloths or something. and another funny thing is i just came from buying loreal curl vive. my husband complains about having no space all the time. i just bought 2 big plastic tubs today to stash this stuff in the basement. i am so addicted-i need to join you at PJA but it will be alright

Too funny!

Naturaljoy
02-25-2003, 07:32 PM
I've got soooooo many shampoos, conditioners, creams, gels, lotions, potions, etc. that I'm running out of space to keep all this stuff. :shock:
I've tried to make an effort to stop buying more stuff until I use up some of what I have, but it's soooooo hard and I just keep on.
Plus, I keep coming to this board hearing about the great results someone is having with a particular product and that makes me want to try it too.
Like someone else said, I've got enough stuff to last for years, but with 3 females in my household, nothing will go to waste. :wink:

dembasamba
02-25-2003, 07:40 PM
I've got:

*Two shampoos (AO) Staples. I have found no need to experiment with other shampoos.

*Four styling products: CD Kizzie/CDHHB/KOSPB?BnS Creamy set. The only staple is the BnS. The others will be replaced by my homemade concoctions.

* Nine conditioners: YIKES. I am definately feeling the impact of my hunt for a good conditioner. So far, Eucelence and my trusty AO GPB are the only keepers.

Rejected conditioners--Aussie moist, Kenra.

On Trial as deep conditioners--Domincan conditioners (aloe, milk n'honey, avocado); Redken All Soft Heavy Creme, and Avalon Organics.

GalaxyGirl2010
02-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Ive decided to give up my idea of getting over being a product junkie. It's so subversive and so fun at the same time :twisted: Right now, Im just going to concentrate on stuff that will combat dryness and frizziness.

@thickncoili: Ive heard people say that the aveda humectant is good when used with twists and braids, maybe try it with that.l

Sister1
02-26-2003, 03:51 AM
Let's just say I have enough underneath my sink. To paraphrase Blanche DuBois: ".. it looks like underneath my sink has exploded"> :o

Nubiyan
02-26-2003, 05:25 AM
I'm a recovering product junkie, so I've mainly been trying to use up everything I have. As it stands now, I probably have a couple dozen different hair products, though this number is gradually shrinking.

I'm in the same boat with you Marissasensei. I'm getting much much better on the PJism. I can actually walk down the hair aisles now and not scope out every product I see.

My staples are:
Suave Coconut conditioner = A
Elucence shampoo = A++
Elucence conditioner = A-

All the other stuff I'm either going to start mixing or just give away.

I make my own shae butter pomade mix for moisture.

silvi
02-26-2003, 06:47 PM
I only have three products:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
1)Shampoo (5 types, i cannot throw them away even though i don't use, may need them later)

2)Conditioner (9 bottles all different, trying to use up, had 12)

3) Styling aids (16, lets not go here, most of this has been tried once and waiting for summer to try again before throwing out)

:multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi: :multi:

dwiley29
02-26-2003, 07:04 PM
i can relate i have tons of hair products also.

however, my stylist has turned me on to Alterna products--spcifically the hemp oil spay and hemp oil shine, they are AWESOME.

Also body dope hemp shampoo and conditioner are great for natural hair.

They lather well, provide alot moisture ad leaves hair VERY manageable. (I have thick, course hair and I had no problems combing through after shampooing).

pearce1974
02-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Ive got so many products its going to take me years to finish them all 8)

Ditto to that!!!! I am too ashamed to admit to the amount of beauty supplies I have. :fadein:

Naja
02-28-2003, 01:31 AM
See now I was ashamed of how much stuff I have in my closet(s) LOL! but dang, some of ya'll got me beat!

I have NO shampoos but I do have
several containers of conditioners that I "wash" my hair with:
(3) Suave Humectress*
(1)Suave tropical Coconut
(2) Vo5 Freeshia

Deep conditioners:
(1) Motions CPR
(1) Lekair Cholesterol*
(1) Biotera Reconstructing Condit.
Expecting a delivery of Eluence conditioner any day now (33oz)

Leave-in conditioner:
(1) Abba nourishing

Twisting Products
(1) Lock & Twist gel(almost all gone)
(1) Black 'n Sassy creamy Set*
(1) Hawaiian tropic Cucumber Melon/Aloe vera gel
(1) IC hair polisher gel with Sparkle lites(almost all gone)
(4) Aura Humectant Pomade(On sale at Sally's this week)*
(1) lb African Natural Shea Butter from Nature's Wild Child*
(1) lb Ghana Gold Shea Butter from " "
(1) NOW brand Mango Butter(not much left)

Moisturizing
(1) Hollywood Olive Oil Cream
(1) Walgreen's Glycerin and Rosewater*

Essential oils
(1)Lavendar*
(1) Jasmine(smells heavenly :) )*

I don't use all of these things at once, in fact, my routine is very simple. My reason for having so much stuff is buying products per recomendations and ending up not really liking them.

Eventually, i'd like to TRY :roll: to limit my products to only the one's with the * next to it.

BrownsuggaDIVA
02-28-2003, 06:37 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many! :oops:

Lottacoils
02-28-2003, 08:54 PM
I have three shampoos in my shower caddy -- one for summer (Earthly Delight), one for winter (Cornrows and Company Coconut Oil) and one in case I need a clarifier (Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat).

I have two conditioners -- one for regular use (Kiss My Face for dry hair) and the other for deep conditioning (Cornrows and Co. Mint Condition).

Then there's the liquid oil (grapeseed mixed with a little sweet orange and sage oils), the pomade cream (Mizani's Rose), and the spritz (a mixture of water scented with lemongrass, glycerine, grapeseed, olive, sweet orange and sage oils and Infusium 23 leave-in conditioner).

I use the Mizani's Rose, only when the mood hits me. I sometimes use my Miss Cool for curling my twists. And I'm trying to finish up the Wonder 8 oil -- I'm almost there. :lol:

As for my bathroom cabinet, at last count, there were 3-5 rejected shampoos, 3-4 rejected conditioners, a rejected gel and an ORS Shea Butter lotion. I had two rejected pomades there, but I passed those on to my husband and son.

Now, my real junkie issue is combs. I have four or five. But I think I have found "the one" that works well!

carlasher
02-28-2003, 09:11 PM
I do have a lot... :wink:

Shampoo
Avalon - Lavender
Aubrey Organics - Shea butter shampoo
Aubrey Organics - Swimmers shampoo
JR Leggitt Shampoo Bar

Conditioner
KPac (by Joico)
Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream
Redken's All Soft Conditioner

Styling
Jojoba oil
Back to Basics curl enhanser
Nexus Designing Butter

BUT my SO has like over 25 bottles of shampoo and about 15 bottles of conditioner!

MzDacia
03-06-2003, 04:42 PM
Oh ma goodnass I can't even begin to count. I feel like I have arrived thoguh beause I finally have my CD products too!

I have been natural for a little over a month too. It is a dag on shame how many products I have!! :D

:P When I had a relaxer I was the same way!

Autumn
03-06-2003, 08:05 PM
I only have three products:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yupe me too :wink:

tee hee hee :lol:

A

Inspired
03-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Not that much. I'm just a PJ in training!!!

But I was looking at my stash and thinking about adding more to my collection. I definitly don't need anymore conditioners. What I need is alternatives to shampoo and styling products.

I have:
Nexxuss conditioner, Aussie reconstruct, Elucence moist. cond, Salerm protein cond. Sebastian penetrait cond., Suave coconut, Tropical Garlic cond. ORS Hair mayo and recently bought Lustrasilk Tea Tree cond.(garbage), ORS twist and lock and Kemi-Oyl shea butter pomade, KMS Curl-Up.

Not bad for starters!!

NappyGirl01
03-06-2003, 11:35 PM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many......This very site is going to have me in the poor house.

Nappy

Shay_MSU
03-07-2003, 02:44 AM
I have:
3 Shampoos
5 regular conditioners
3 deep conditioners
3 leave ins
5 gels
2 hair greases
1 shea butter
1 curl juice type product
2 sheen sprays
2 spray bottles of my own spray

wow :shock: I didnt realize how much stuff I had until I sat down and thought about it