PDA

View Full Version : Mary J Blige

Hennessy
12-27-2003, 09:29 AM
Okay I seen her on the Oprah show for the Aretha tribute (I'm overseas so we are behind....please excuse me :duck ). I have a question, she's been talking about when she left Puffy because he was promoting another female artist and she felt that she was looking at herself. I've heard her story and I've heard this before but I can't figure out who this other female artist is.... :huh ? She won't say who 'she' is but do any of you remember?

crazylove
12-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Faith Evans....

After Faith married Biggie she got high priority in Bad Boy

Hennessy
12-27-2003, 09:53 AM
oohhhh gotcha. You know I thought about Faith but I didn't think it was her, to me they are totally different. Thanks :)

Evolution19
01-01-2004, 07:02 PM
faith is a wayyy better singer than mary, so i can understand why she felt threatened

HAMAD
01-01-2004, 07:34 PM
hi im gust with you

carboncopysue
01-02-2004, 01:02 AM
I saw Mary's Behind the Music, and she referred to Faith as "that woman". I saw the Oprah too, and she's still hot about that? I think she really needs to get over that, a label can have more than one female singer. That's the reason why I dig Mary, but sometimes, she can be too catty for me.

Sue.

Alas1119
01-02-2004, 02:53 AM
I saw this Oprah a few months ago and was wondering about this too. I strongly suspected it was Faith Evans. But there was something that Mary said that I find a bit strange...she said that Puff was pushing that female singer and she was a carbon copy of her (Mary). This is not an exact quote, but it's the gist of what Mary J. was saying.

Anyway, Faith Evans and Mary don't sound ANYTHING alike. What the heck is Mary talking about??? Can't there be more than one female on a record label? Sounds like the crabs in a barrel syndrome to me...

charli
01-02-2004, 08:30 PM
faith is a wayyy better singer than mary, so i can understand why she felt threatened

Yeah, but Faith ain't no star. She's no entertainer, she has very little stage presence. Talent, yes, exciting to watch perform, no.

LuvJones
01-03-2004, 01:59 AM
When Fatih first came out she did sound alot like mary...I had a feeling also that maybe there was something other than business going on with puff and mary. Mary has always had alot of "self" issues like so many of us fatherless children of the projects. She is human and I love her for that. :bis

blumoonbabe
01-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by charli@Jan 2 2004, 04:30 PM

Yeah, but Faith ain't no star. She's no entertainer, she has very little stage presence. Talent, yes, exciting to watch perform, no.
:app I love Faith, but a stage performer, she is NOT!