PDA

View Full Version : What's a good, inexpensive conditioner?

zahraliberation
12-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Hey,

I used to color my hair a reddish brown color (clairol "sunny auburn"), but I stopped back in April because I got too busy and I wanted to give my hair a little break. Now I'm ready to color my new growth and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a really good, deeply moisturizing, inexpensive conditioner that I can use to deep condition my hair after I color it (and on into the future).

does anyone have any suggestions??? i'd greatly appreciate it.

GeminiQueen
12-28-2003, 11:31 AM
I use Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol conditioner, mixed with honey. Sometimes I'll put a little coconut or olive oil with the conditioner and honey. This works just fine for me, and it's cheap, under $3.00, depending where you buy it.

FroLady
12-29-2003, 01:57 AM
I am currently without color, but here are some conditioners I have used that work pretty well. Pantene Relaxed & Natural conditioner is about $3 and made specifically for Black women's various textures. I also recommend Mane 'N'Tail conditioner. It's about $3 as well.

chibikiki
01-01-2009, 06:40 PM
to answer your question a goo cheap conditioner i use is VO5 moisture milks. 99 cents at most drug stoes.
but! to condition AND get the reddish brown color at the same time use henna. there are a lot of threads about it. its very good for your hair and naturally gives a reddish brown color. i got some for 99 cents for a box in an indian grocery store. 100 g in a box which did my whole head.

KinkyCocoDiva
02-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Hey,

I used to color my hair a reddish brown color (clairol "sunny auburn"), but I stopped back in April because I got too busy and I wanted to give my hair a little break. Now I'm ready to color my new growth and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a really good, deeply moisturizing, inexpensive conditioner that I can use to deep condition my hair after I color it (and on into the future).

does anyone have any suggestions??? i'd greatly appreciate it.
[/b]

The Cheapest and very effective deep conditioner you can use is right in your fridge.... Mayonaise!
I use it to deep condition. apply generously leave in for about 20 minutes and rinse it out. You will be amazed at how soft your hair is. Works with regular and light mayo. Mayo is just whipped egg whites and oil so it is really great for conditioning.

jamgirl
02-08-2009, 03:48 AM
i love queen helene's cholesterol-i get it at walgreens or the BSS for about 1. 69. i can also mix coconut milk (0.50) with my regular suave conditioners (0.79) and that's a pretty good DC! another thing-before i color i always clarify and do a egg/yogurt protein treatment-it strengthens my hair and it takes the color better. just a thought-good luck!

mstrina911
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Elasta QP has a DPR Moisturizing condish thats not too expensive. I normally add olive oil or honey and am good to go.