PDA

View Full Version : Radio

LOCSOFAST
12-31-2003, 05:45 PM
I can not listen to the radio for more then 'bout five min., unless I am subject to it at work. I love music, all types (except country) but I find myself listening to more talk,NPR, and/or personal developement. I know this is just my opinion, but i am wondering if radio just sucks in general?

what is your area like?

systah
12-31-2003, 05:51 PM
it's like that in h-town (houston) also. alot of talk :blah and you hear the same 5 songs on each station. ironically, when i do listen to the radio i listen to a.m. sports shows. :razz

Dreamyb
12-31-2003, 05:54 PM
www.live365.com should solve that problem for ya'.

Sekhmet
12-31-2003, 06:11 PM
Radio sucks PERIOD! I gave up on it years ago. I stick to my CDs - store bought and homemade.

NikNak
12-31-2003, 06:36 PM
They play too much"Dirth South" music where I live, so I rarely listen to the radio. Although there is one station here that's plays oldies, Neo Soul and R&B with no rap that I listen to every once in a while.

If you wanna listen to something good on the internet, try: http://www.liquidsoulradio.com

Sweet Epiphany
12-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Sekhmet@Dec 31 2003, 06:11 PM
Radio sucks PERIOD!
You can thank a little ditty named CLEAR CHANNEL for that. From what I understand, the airwaves nation wide are pretty much monopolized to be quite frank by this company (I think they own anywhere btwn. 60-80% of this countries airwaves if Im not mistaken)...corporate slime :mad >:( :fight

MuthaErth
12-31-2003, 07:30 PM
i thought it was just my area, they play "west coast" stuff ALL THE TIME, the same darn songs about 10 all day. i miss WDAS (the WDAS i remember played oldies on sunday and GREAT r&b during the week)

KinkyCoils
12-31-2003, 11:55 PM
I don't listen to the radio either. I'm usually in the house and when I'm out with the kids or going to work I turn it off. Silence is gold... I think. It gets you thinking and it's peaceful.

kianga
01-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Radio here sucks too. Aside from the talking and commercials, most of the music that they play sucks! And then they play the same crap over and over and over. The only station I can stomach is the jazz station, and even that gets boring. But it's my own fault for not keeping my CDs handy. :doh

BrownsuggaDIVA
01-01-2004, 03:46 PM
REPORTING LIVE FROM HOTLANTA

it sucks!

#1 smooth jazz radio playing earth wind and fire's september

#2 hip hop station playing the SAME five songs over and over and over

#3 another hip hop r & b station..trying to out talk each other in between commercials ...on yeah...they play the same 5 songs as the other station...with a couple of "smooth r &b" like... :-cre oops...they dont

#4 OTHER NEW hip hop r&b station constantly reminding us how much above station plays commercials in a span of 60 mins. plays same songs as stations # 2 and 3...with a lil "old school" rob base..keith sweat..etc

#5 r&b station (where we get tom joyner) plays the same 10 r&b songs..

BEST urban stations...still not all that...

#6 classic soul...good stuff!

#7 GOSPEL ON FM! good stuff some times (i like old james cleveland gospel and they play it)

mainly listening to talk radio these days...BE INFORMED..even if its just about traffic

sweetnes
01-18-2004, 12:03 AM
live365.com and bbc.co.uk/radio have some pretty good stations.

I liked listening to the radio when I was in Birmingham AL for a few months. One radio station mixed in soul and rap music and I really liked that.

sweetnes