View Full Version : Water, H2O, Agua

blakgirl
02-25-2003, 04:07 AM
i was wondering . . .

how much water do you drink a day?

blak.

silvi
02-25-2003, 04:18 AM
When I am trying to be "healthy" and "do the right thing" I drink the required 8. But if I had my choice I wouldn't drink any. :evil:

curlygirl
02-25-2003, 04:26 AM
My latest goal is a gallon a day. It is an effort, but it helps keep my rosecea in check, plus I feel more energized.

blakgirl
02-25-2003, 03:42 PM
i have such combination skins. some parts are so dry and other parts so oily. i hope i can wash my oily spots and the water will handle the dry spots. it's generally good for my body and hair, too. i'm trying to drink all my water.

blak.

BushBaby
02-25-2003, 03:59 PM
I don't really know how much water I drink per day. I drink about 2-3 mugs of herbal tea at work a day. Then I have water with dinner. If I go to the gym, I drink about 1-2 bottles of water. I try to get my fluid from water, tea or watery fruits (grapes, watermelon, honeydew).

chocol8diva714
02-25-2003, 03:59 PM
I drink at least 3 liters of water a day.....I find it is easier to chug down the litter bottles of dasani and refill it at least twice a day....I love my water to be ice cold (but not icy, LOL)

Smooches and blessings :P

afrikankween
02-25-2003, 04:03 PM
I have switched to only drinking water, and the occasional orange or apple juice. But I now 99% of my beverage is water.

blakgirl
02-25-2003, 04:19 PM
does tea count!? i can drink tea. why didn't anyone tell me this? :D

blak.

GalaxyGirl2010
02-25-2003, 04:38 PM
I count tea blak :lol:
I drink at least 6 litters a day of cold water and like 5-7 cups of tea during the day.

vuqua1
02-25-2003, 04:40 PM
I drink at least 3 liters of water a day.....I find it is easier to chug down the litter bottles of dasani and refill it at least twice a day....I love my water to be ice cold (but not icy, LOL)

Smooches and blessings :P

This is exactly what I do everyday at work. Another suggestion from my co-worker (she does this) is to buy the 1/2 gal. or gallon size Brita pitchers and fill it with water & ice and drink the water all day. It's like a personal water cooler.

msladymam
02-25-2003, 04:53 PM
I do my gallon a day. I have no problem during the week at work, but I get off track during the weekends. It's hard running errands, and stopping to go to the bathroom every five minutes.

blakgirl
02-25-2003, 05:16 PM
It's hard running errands, and stopping to go to the bathroom every five minutes.

BINGO!! :lol:

blak.

strawwberryz
02-25-2003, 05:37 PM
I try and get mine in evenings, night and mornings....during the day I refuse to be running to the bathroom at work.

happilynappy
02-25-2003, 06:57 PM
There is a drink called Twister, and I use that jug which happens to be 59 fl ozs and I drink at least 2 of those filled with water a day so that is 118 ozs of water. Yes, I am in the bathroom a lot!

Twistie74
02-25-2003, 08:31 PM
I used to carry around a water bottle but lately, I've been forcing myself to make trips to the office water cooler with my lil' Scooby Doo mug and fill up. Either that or I drink my water equivalent - Sprite :D

blakgirl
02-25-2003, 10:03 PM
I count tea blak :lol:
I drink at least 6 litters a day of cold water and like 5-7 cups of tea during the day.

um, what about lemonade? :oops: :lol:

blak.

lilkinkyc
02-25-2003, 10:33 PM
I picked 8 glasses on a good day because I am a teacher and it is hard to get the required 8 without having to run to the restroom during class. On the weekends that another story, I drink more than 8. During the summer I will drink way more than 8 as well. Some people have said that as your body adjust to the water intake the restroom runs will go away. Has anyone noticed that change?

chocol8diva714
02-25-2003, 11:02 PM
Yes lilkinkyc.....my body had adjusted to drinking more water but, I find that if I miss out on my regular 3 liters (say like on a weekend) when I begin to drink that much again :oops: whew, I am in the restroom A LOT!!!

elleebeme5
02-27-2003, 04:00 AM
decaf and herbal tea count towards your water levels. I don't think caffienated drinks do.

tracyannette
02-27-2003, 04:20 AM
I drink lots of water, but mainly because i am too cheap to buy soft drinks, and the side effect is that it makes me more healthy.

Tracy

happidaz
02-27-2003, 04:59 AM
My latest goal is a gallon a day. It is an effort, but it helps keep my rosecea in check, plus I feel more energized.

Probably b/c you're running back and forth to the restroom. Sorry, I couldn't help myself...A friend of mines has that same condition, I will have to pass along the information...Take care...

Anyway, I try to drink the recommended 8 glasses, but sometimes life just gets in the way...
__________________________________________________ _________
"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed. Out of the hard and unusual struggle through which he is compelled to pass, he gets a strength, a confidence, that one misses whose pathway is comparatively smooth by reason of birth and race."--Booker T. Washington--

Joyfulocs
02-27-2003, 04:39 PM
I try to do my 8 glasses a day. Some days I hit the mark and somedays I probably drink close to a gallon. :)

Somebody on another board said they drink their first glass first thing in the morning. I've been doing that and it helps me get my day off on the right foot.

afronappy
02-27-2003, 09:11 PM
I have switched to only drinking water, and the occasional orange or apple juice. But I now 99% of my beverage is water.

same here.

i mostly drink water when thirsty but somtimes orange juice (minute maid) with low pulp

don't like pop much. WAY too sugary!

i drink 8 glasses usually sometimes more or less

blumoonbabe
02-28-2003, 09:53 AM
been a little lax for the past few weeks, but I usually shoot for a gallon a day. I ACTUALLY manage to get gown about 3/4th of it. but when I'm good, i get my gallon.

HoneyDini
02-28-2003, 02:08 PM
I drink MUCH more water during the week than I do on the weekends. Probably because the water is free at work! lol. Anyway, during the week I drink between 100 - 120 ounces of water a day. On the weeekends, I probably drink about 40 ounces a day.

jmnappy
02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
I shoot for at least 8 glasses a day. I usually drink that at work. I run back & forth to the water cooler a lot. Then I drink about 2 more glasses in the evening. I'm breastfeeding so I have to stay hydrated.

ini
03-01-2003, 03:55 AM
Over 8 glasses not counting herbal teas. I do have a black tea and coffee thing but I'm trying to kill drinking those things as much. I've never had a problem with water intake...I just need to be careful not to overdose

Melanizm
03-01-2003, 04:15 AM
I was JUST thinking about posting this and here it is!? WOW. I have never been a regular water drinker. I've always known you are supposed to have 8 glasses a day but everytime I tried it was like I'd be in the bathroom every 5 minutes, LOL. Now I am trying to get myself into a routine of drinking water only (along with a select few juices- apple, orange and I gotta have my Strawberry Banana Sobe!) I've stopped drinking milk and sodas with caffeine (Thank goodness for sprite!)

Something that has really helped me is, if I drink say a glass of juice, I make sure that after I drink a FULL glass of water...so that everytime I'm eating or drinking, I am drinking water too. I know there are SO many benefits to drinking lots of water and I'm trying to be healthy all around so wish me luck :wink:

Keepitnatural
03-02-2003, 08:51 PM
I will drink 4-5 bottles of the Poland Spring 16.9 oz bottles plus my 3 cups of herbal tea