PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss after Childbirth!!

Mrs. Tang
01-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Okay, I know this has probably been addressed before, but I just want some suggestions...I had just lost 20 pounds before I got pregnant and know I'm 40 pounds heavier and counting!!!! Just wondering what you ladies did to get that sexy figure back. I also plan on breastfeeding, so I'm not looking for a quick unhealthy fix. I do plan on getting my walk on, but how can I eat without depriving my baby??? I would appreciate all suggestions...Thanks,

Peace

SiennaMoonshine
01-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Congratulations Ms. Tang on becoming a Mom. You have to reasonable when it comes to trying to get your figure in shape. Your metabolism has changed and you will frustrate yourself if you insist on going back to the exact weight you were before-baby. There's no magic formula. Just each a balanced diet trying to stick mostly to fresh fruits and vegetables. Scale back on the high-fat and starchy food. Enjoy your baby and the more volupuous you.

wigi25t
01-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Mrs Tang,
be prepared that whilst breastfeeding you may not loose all your baby fat. I breastfed for 16 months, and once he stopped feeding the weight literally fell off. Plus running after an overactive toddler helped!

Everybody's body is different ... ditto what Sienna said. While breastfeeding you'll still be eating for 2, so eat healthy.

Aesys
01-04-2004, 04:50 PM
I hear that breastfeeding is the key, but I didn't breastfeed to lose the baby fat. I would just say to eat right...drink lots of water, and if you can exercise..that's great. Just waking around a store or the mall with your little one in a stroller will be good. I wouldn't recommend dieting while breastfeeding though. Good Luck.