PDA

View Full Version : Erykah Badu's backup singers

KhymFree
01-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I saw one of Yahzereh (i know i've jacked up the spelling of her name) videos. The song was...i wasn't impressed. Does anyone have her cd? How was it?

I've never seen any of N'dambi's videos. I know she's released a couple of cds. Anyone have any of her music? If so, what's your opinion on it. :)

Laniza
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
I haven't seen or heard any of Yahzereh's (sp?) songs, but I do own N'Dambi's first album "Little Lost Girls Blues" and it is phenomenal! Even though I loved Erykah Badu when she first came out, she ain't got NUTHIN' on N'Dambi. N'Dambi's style is sort of like a cross between Sade and Maxwell-very smooth and mellow...

Dreamyb
01-02-2004, 12:02 AM
n'dambi's tunin' up and cosignin is way better than her debut album little lost girls blues. it's a mixture of her first album and some new material. it's real smooth.

yahzarah's first cd hear me is tight. i'm not sure how this new album blackstar is though but that single is watered down compared to her old stuff.

phase1
01-02-2004, 02:45 AM
...I gotta get tunin' up and cosignin...I almost won it brand new off ebay for really cheap..but hell...my computer was too slow...she performed at an Erykah concert in Dallas and blew me away....that was my first time hearing of her....the whole time I was dancing I was like ..."who IS that!?!".....

BlkButterflye
01-02-2004, 07:02 AM
See i was not impressed with Yahzarah's first single.....so, i passed on the cd.....

Tunin' up and Co-signin is my jam! it's very laid-back and feminine.

*SupaSista*
01-02-2004, 08:04 AM
and ladies where can a sistah like myself find these here cd's????

Imara
01-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Def wasn't feeling N'Dambi but I am bout to buy Yahzarah - her cd is hot.

Anyone else want to preview check out her site click here (http://www.threekeys.com/yahzarah/yahz12.html)

Knottygal
01-03-2004, 02:53 PM
I like N'Dambi's music. I like both of her cd's "Little Lost Girls Blues" and "Tunin' Up&Cosigning" :d)

I'm unsure of Yahzarah right now. I wasn't feeling the song that was just being played on heavy rotation.

EarthTones
01-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Tunin Up & Cosigning was definitely the better N"Diambi cd IMHO.

I love Yahzahra...I have heard the entire Black Star Cd, and it's good...but Hear Me is the jizzam!

jazzy_texas
01-04-2004, 02:59 AM
i dont know about yahzahra, but both of N'Dambi's CD has been GREAT!! i have been having them both for awhile now, and they stay in rotation! don't sleep on N'Dambi!

ashrob123
01-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I loved both of these lovely ladies. I don't have the 2nd Yahzahrah because what I heard was so watered down I didn't even want to chance and buy it. Anyone got a sample?

nappylicious
01-07-2004, 06:28 AM
I like both ladies, however I was not feeling Yahzarah's second cd. I am still loving her first cd though.

LuvJones
01-08-2004, 03:53 AM
I wanted to cop Yahzarah's CD but they wanted $30 for it online and was NOPE DON'T THINK SO!!!

MuthaErth
01-08-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by naturalme22@Jan 2 2004, 12:04 AM
and ladies where can a sistah like myself find these here cd's????

:pop

Fauryn78
01-08-2004, 03:37 PM
I like both ladies.... You can get their albums online... I got alot of their stuff off Kazaa quite awhile ago... There are a few stores here that sell N'Dambi's albums... but these are independent stores.... Check sites like Amazon....I'll post more when I find it

Applejacks
01-21-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm in Dallas, so I have the privilege of hearing these ladies perform fairly often. Yahzahrah is good.. N'Dambi is GREAT. I absolutely love her. She puts me in the mind of(LAWD, I SOUND LIKE MY GRANDMOTHER) Nina Simone.. A really great talent. The Wherehouse Music stores in Dallas sells her CD's or you can cop them at Amazon.

LOCUGOD
01-28-2004, 11:29 PM
N'Dambi is tight