PDA

View Full Version : My Experience At Egyptians Hair Shop

Kendrea4lg
04-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I would like to tell everyone to be careful when you go to one of the shops that say they do natural hair. I have been natural for over a year and I wanted a change so I went to get my hair flat flaming hot tool of hair torture out. When I went to wash my hair and put it in a fro, I noticed that some of my hair was permanently straighten! It will not curl back, so I will have to get my hair cut. What a nightmare!!

napturallyme
04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
This can happen whenever you use heat, regardless of who does it. I used to go to an Egyptian salon when I was transitioning and the heat damaged my new growth. They use a lot of heat to get it straightened. Be cautious of heat

AuNappturale
04-15-2006, 04:51 PM
It wasn't the Egyptian shop, it was the heat. Read the pinned topic on use of heat and the horror stories that are posted.

Yes, you'll have to cut off the damaged ends, if you don't like the straight pieces.

Kendrea4lg
04-15-2006, 06:09 PM
That happened to me. The guy was not from Egypt but probably from Nutbush, TN. He must have been testing how hot his hell wand would have to be for my hair. Let's say that test piece wouldn't curl after three months. Where is that piece now? In a landfill. Will I do it again? NO.
[/b]

could some one tell me how you add your photo's, do you have to resize thim

Big Teezy
04-15-2006, 07:25 PM
could some one tell me how you add your photo's, do you have to resize thim
[/b]

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think only subscirbe member can add your own photos. I think. Dont quote me on that.

AllieCat0817
04-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't go to nobody's salon for nathan.

Just the barber. Otherwise I don't want nobody else's hands in my head unless they are cuttin.

ms_g
04-15-2006, 10:06 PM
like the others have said, heat was the cause.
its best to use no heat or very little heat and only in moderation.
check out the pinned thread on flaming hot tool of hair torture and heat damage.
many ladies have gone through this and had to cut off the straight pieces or transition again.
heat is very powerful.

deecoily
04-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Another one for the heat archive.