PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Disaster...plz Help A Sista Out ;(

purpulicious01
04-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Ok this is going to be kinda long, but i ask you to please read to the end....u would want sum1 2 do the same for you rite :D ....
about a year ago i start burning my hair straight once a week. this went on for months then i started noticing when I came out of the shower after washing my hair, I would see some straight strands. So i am assuming that this is because of the heat and they are permantely straight. Correct me if I am wrong, but i heard thatt if you burnt your hair repeatly over a period of time you hair will become permantely burnt because of all the heat. Well now my hair texture is horrible. mostly in the front my hair is really fried. it used to b soft but now my ends are freaked up. my hair is wirey dry and tangled. so i stopped burning my hair straight completely and now i am trying to reconstruct my hair. I used Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner(weekly for some months) and ORS Replenishing Pak(1 time) and thats about it. Now my hair has become a little bit better but there still is alot of breakage when i take my braids (cornrows) out. So here are some products i am going to try and get and my future regimine. please write ur comments about the products and anything else.

MY REGIMINE

1.Hot oil treatment with Olive Oil
2.Wash hair weekly (currently with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo)
3.Deep Condition Weekly (with ORS Mayo or UBH Deep Conditioner)
4.Get Cornrows and Moisturize Daily (when I can remember) with UBH Spray

PRODUCTS I WANT TO GET
Shampoos:
1.Aphogee Evening Primrose Deep Moisture Shampoo?

Deep Conditioners/Conditioners/Treatments:
1.Aphogee Evening Primrose Hot Oil Treatment
2.Aphogee Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor
3.Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair
4.Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner
5.Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Hydrating MASK

Sekhmet
04-16-2006, 10:31 AM
http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53

AuNappturale
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
http://www.nappturality.com/forum/index.php?showforum=53
[/b]

...and cut off the damaged ends.

natitwists
04-16-2006, 06:11 PM
I agree with Aunappturale, cut off those damaged ends and start over. Your hair will thank you for it, besides you can't UNdamage damaged hair.

Poohbear215
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
*~purpulicious~*

The products are fine, but these products are not going to help repair your burnt straight breaking hair. Styling in cornrows will cause even more breakage to your damaged hair. Trust me, I know from experience. I tried all the conditioning and even the Aphogee Treatment on my hair after it had been press-ed permanently straight with a hot-stove-comb, and sections of my hair stayed straight and damaged. I had straight hair strands and curled up hair strands...not a good mix. When my hair was dry, the ends would break off. I decided to wear a wig over my damaged hair to try and grow it out some before cutting the damaged hair off, but I hate wearing wigs. So eventually, after about a week since the damage, I got my hair shaved down to less than a 1/2" fro. I'm sorry but I recommend cutting your hair off and starting all over. Don't worry about the length... it will grow back. Mine did and it's still growing happily without chemicals and without heat. HTH!

*~poohbear~*

nappyheadgirl
04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok this is going to be kinda long, but i ask you to please read to the end....u would want sum1 2 do the same for you rite :D ....
about a year ago i start burning my hair straight once a week. this went on for months then i started noticing when I came out of the shower after washing my hair, I would see some straight strands. So i am assuming that this is because of the heat and they are permantely straight. Correct me if I am wrong, but i heard thatt if you burnt your hair repeatly over a period of time you hair will become permantely burnt because of all the heat. Well now my hair texture is horrible. mostly in the front my hair is really fried. it used to b soft but now my ends are freaked up. my hair is wirey dry and tangled. so i stopped burning my hair straight completely and now i am trying to reconstruct my hair. I used Cathy Howse UBH Deep Conditioner(weekly for some months) and ORS Replenishing Pak(1 time) and thats about it. Now my hair has become a little bit better but there still is alot of breakage when i take my braids (cornrows) out. So here are some products i am going to try and get and my future regimine. please write ur comments about the products and anything else.

MY REGIMINE

1.Hot oil treatment with Olive Oil
2.Wash hair weekly (currently with Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo)
3.Deep Condition Weekly (with ORS Mayo or UBH Deep Conditioner)
4.Get Cornrows and Moisturize Daily (when I can remember) with UBH Spray
PRODUCTS I WANT TO GET
Shampoos:
1.Aphogee Evening Primrose Deep Moisture Shampoo?

Deep Conditioners/Conditioners/Treatments:
1.Aphogee Evening Primrose Hot Oil Treatment
2.Aphogee Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor
3.Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair
4.Pantene Relaxed and Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner
5.Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Hydrating MASK
[/b]
I agree with getting rid of your ends off. Because I didn't want to lose my length, I held on to my ends as long as possible - I finally decided to have them trimmed off and I am glad I did - I actually can't wait until my next trim. Hair not only is much healtheir but looks much healthier with neatly trimmed ends. If you don't want to trim all your ends off at once, do it little bit by little bit - the sooner you trim your ends off, the happier you and your hair will be. We will look forward to when you post about how much your hair has grown!!!

lsubabiedee
04-16-2006, 08:50 PM
save the money u plan on spending on all those products and just get the damaged hair cut off...no need in hanging on to them b/c they are damaged and the only solution if u want ur hair to be healthy is to cut them

deecoily
04-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Another one for Heat archive. I don't know how many people out there use heat, but if you are thinking about doing it for "a change" or "to show length" or "insert reason here" be forewarned.