PDA

View Full Version : NEW JACK

212-212
01-03-2004, 02:55 AM
sup yall, first off are there any guys on this site? not sayin theres anything wrong, just seen all female member names..just wondering! anyway takin a leap into starting locs ...ive been twistin my hair for about three months now washing them in and out and dec 31 is the last time i'm gonna wash them out. just wanted to know about products such as wax, shampoo's, etc. should i be twisting them everyday with some wax on my fingers...those r just a few questions i have, if anyone wants to help out or take a stab at these feel free to hit me with any info you may have. thanks in advance for your replies...

later

aquababie19
01-03-2004, 03:19 AM
hey 212...

to answer your first question, there are a few men here. this did begin as an all female site though.

to tell you the truth, the best thing is to do read through the threads. we all use different products. personally i use aloe vera and coconut oil when i retwist. i wash with dr bonner's soap diluted or ic tea shampoo diluted.

read and learn :)

SoulStar
01-03-2004, 05:17 AM
Hey,

I know that there are a lot of females, but occasionally a man will drop by. But don't be discouraged. I usually twist my hair with a non-gel and wax solution by Black Earth. (uhm...can't think of that name) But today, I just used hair oil to reduce build and have a looser hold.

Don't Be a Stranger...my brother's an artist too. (saw ur site) He works for z-axis (which has done Dave Mira BMX and is working on X-Men) Thought I'd Tell u that...

ShekinahSoul
01-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Glad you made it to the loc forum :)

First off leave the wax alone. Wax in hair everyday? Brotha your locs will be a mess in a few weeks. Also twisting every day is not good. It weakens the roots. The going advice is to use aloe vera jel for twisting the roots and put a clip on it til it dries. Use a shampoo with no built in conditioners since conditioners are bad for starting locs (they detangle the hair which is counter productive) Stick with natural products would be my advice.

212-212
01-03-2004, 04:16 PM
thanks everybody for the excellent advise, i'll take it all in and hope and pray that they start to turn out alright

ShekinahSoul
01-03-2004, 05:24 PM
The funny thing about locs is that they turn out just fine when we let them do their own thing. Find a system that is good for you (there are a number of them) and decide what style of locs you want (cultivated, free form, organic) and you will be on your way to wonderful locs :)

BXDREAD
01-16-2004, 12:17 AM
<-MALE-not very active tho