PDA

View Full Version : Starting An Online Boutique

meky
05-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi Ladies,

I am starting an online boutique for EMERGING designers. I am just tired of the same old cookie-cutter pieces that are offered. Don't get me wrong. I have my share of kenneth cole, banana republic and 555Soul like the rest of them. I actually came up with the idea (not that it's necessarily BRAND NEW or anything) when I wanted to go to a dinner and was wearing a cream pant-suit. I was looking for a shirt to really set it off, and I came across this designer selling clothes on the street in Soho. The shirt I bought was super hot. I started talking to her, asking her why she hadn't "gotten on" yet, cuz I really liked he stuff (I say that like I'm the designer guru, right?)...

Anyway, long story short, I said, what a great opportunity it would be to showcase people like that. Give them a place to get their stuff seen in potentially more places...in NY, outside of NY, across the country, around the world (Hey, you gotta think big, to make it big).

Okay, I am rambling. The reason for my post is I wanted to see if there was anyone out there who was of the legal sort that would be able to refer a lawyer. I have already incorporated the company. I am looking for someone to look over contracts. I thought I'd try here first.

As a note...we are more of an incubator boutique, which means fair pricing, no extravagant mark-up. We are/will be a foundation for launching, not an avenue to take advantage of the emerging.

Even if you are not of the legal sort, feedback is welcome!

Thanks!

Deep Rooted
05-05-2006, 04:08 AM
I think this an absolutely wonderful idea!!! There is so much talent out there and so many people want to get their foot in the door. Keep up the good work :) .