PDA

View Full Version : Hair Thinnin At The Front

Destiny639
05-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey y'all ....

I can't lie .... back in the day i was a fan of having the cornrows tight and right to my temple, and the micro braids which in the course of time meant the hair by my temple is a lot shorter .. still growing bck and the cfc didnt help much!

Does anyone have and remedy's that they know of or have heard that could help my hair at the front either grow back, or make it look thicker?

Thanx xx

soblu2
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
even if some may find it a scam .
give a hair cream called "virgin" a try
it contains petroleum jelly.. just so you know..
but it's effective (it works)
i just found this link so you know what it looks like
virgin ad (http://www.africanbraids.biz/hair_growth.htm)

but I would'nt advise you to buy it at 10$ , or online
you're in london? It is said to be a uk product
here in senegal i bought it at around. let me see 4 $ .

thunderstorm
05-05-2006, 09:17 AM
your hair cannot begin to grow in as long as you continue to wear styles that put tension on your hairline areas.

you need to consider loose styles that don't require binding headbands and scarves, and aren't pulled and brushed back taut into puffs.

massage warm jojoba oil onto your thinned scalp area every night for 10-15 minutes. shampoo with a rosemary or peppermint shampoo the next morning. these two herbs stimulate blood flow and may contribute to revitalizing your hair follicles and allowing growth to spread in the thinned areas.

keep in mind that you can massage oil and wonder products onto these areas all day long, but if you continue to style your hair in unhealthy ways, the problem won't go away.

Destiny639
05-05-2006, 11:01 AM
even if some may find it a scam .
give a hair cream called "virgin" a try
it contains petroleum jelly.. just so you know..
but it's effective (it works)
i just found this link so you know what it looks like
virgin ad (http://www.africanbraids.biz/hair_growth.htm)

but I would'nt advise you to buy it at 10$ , or online
you're in london? It is said to be a uk product
here in senegal i bought it at around. let me see 4 $ .
[/b]

thanx 4 the advise just about to check out the website, but i think i remember one of my mums friends talking about a product called "virgin"
I'l shop around 4 bargains on it ... thanx again!

your hair cannot begin to grow in as long as you continue to wear styles that put tension on your hairline areas.

you need to consider loose styles that don't require binding headbands and scarves, and aren't pulled and brushed back taut into puffs.

massage warm jojoba oil onto your thinned scalp area every night for 10-15 minutes. shampoo with a rosemary or peppermint shampoo the next morning. these two herbs stimulate blood flow and may contribute to revitalizing your hair follicles and allowing growth to spread in the thinned areas.

keep in mind that you can massage oil and wonder products onto these areas all day long, but if you continue to style your hair in unhealthy ways, the problem won't go away.
[/b]

hi thanx 4 the advise wil def be doing that. Do i have to shampoo my hair every morning to take out the jojoba oil? Or just when i need to wash my hair??
Iv already stopped doing styles that will harm my hair even more, and when i do get it braided i leave an inch around my hairline of unbraided hair then put a scarf or a head band round my hair line, and style it out at the back ... thanx again though

thunderstorm
05-05-2006, 11:53 AM
i think shampooing when you need to is fine. if you don't plan on shampooing the following morning, i'd make sure not to use too much oil the night before, so you won't be left with a greasy head! :P sorry i didn't clarify that earlier. :blush: i think daily shampooing would be a bit much.

soblu2
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
you' re welcome..
a one last thing just make sure you don't put too much of this on your scalp....

fro_real
05-05-2006, 06:32 PM
thanx 4 the advise just about to check out the website, but i think i remember one of my mums friends talking about a product called "virgin"
I'l shop around 4 bargains on it ... thanx again!
hi thanx 4 the advise wil def be doing that. Do i have to shampoo my hair every morning to take out the jojoba oil? Or just when i need to wash my hair??
Iv already stopped doing styles that will harm my hair even more, and when i do get it braided i leave an inch around my hairline of unbraided hair then put a scarf or a head band round my hair line, and style it out at the back ... thanx again though
[/b]
The jojoba oil works wonders! :)

Destiny639
05-06-2006, 07:12 PM
The jojoba oil works wonders! :)
[/b]

Thats it im def gettin it, does anyone know any online sites i can buy it from??

Camilah
05-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Yeah, you can get it from www.sheabuttercottage.co.uk. Delivery takes about 3-4 working days.

Pebbles
08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Organikah has a great scalp stimulating hair oil. Read my review (http://www.pebblespage.com/gpage3.html). You can click on the picture if you want to try it. I use it and it leaves a wonderful sensation across my scalp. It really worksl.

black butterfly123
08-31-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh my goodness! I recommend trying Mikal Clay's Treatment Line of products. On this line of products, there is a scalp stimulant called Thrust. You use it up to twice a day on the thinning areas. It increases the circulation to that area and it tingles. It is a great feeling and it works. I would also recommend the hair vitamin called Vitastrand which is also on this line of products. It helps to grow your hair truly from the inside out. I have been taking the vitamin for almost two years and my hair is much healthier now. There is also a great shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, and moisturizer in this line. The moisturizer is excellent on natural hair. There is also a protector shine spray that adds shine to the hair while protecting it from heat and sun damage. The products can be found at www.mikalclay.com. Check out the website and try the products. You won't be disappointed.

Jadestar
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I have the same problem with my temple hair. after my son was born 5 yrs ago, I lost alot of my temple hair. and after my daughter was born 6 mts ago, I lost even more. I went to the dermatologist and he told me to stop pulling my hair when I do ponytails. He said that my hair loss is because of the tension in the front of my scalp. (my #1 easy hairstyle is a ponytail). My aunt, sister and cousin had the same problem and they all suggested that I try Dr. Miracle's Temple and Nape Gro Balm."Feel it" Formula. When you use it u get this warm tingling feeling in your scalp. It says that it stimulates blood flow to the area. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and I have seen a big difference in my temple area. There isn't anymore breakage and the hair is starting to thicken again. It cost 7.99 for a 4oz jar. It might work for you too.