PDA

View Full Version : hair loss

ach0otoi
01-05-2004, 03:55 AM
from over-processing and pulling my hair into a ponytail almost every day for about 6 years...i have lost hair around my temples. im worried that it wont grow back, i'm in transition but im posting this in both the transition folder and napptural folder just to get more information, or answers. will it grow back? is their some special routine that i should perform to promote growth in my temple area?

thanks in advance

swank
01-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I have hair loss in my temple area as well from wearing really tight braids (cornrows). It seems as though the hair is growing back very very very slowly. But as far as the question that you ask - will it grow back? - It is hard to tell without seeing it. The hair loss that you're describing is called traction alopecia. And from what I've read traction alopecia is reversible if you treat it early (by not wearing hairstyles that pull and stop chemical processing). But there are some permanent cases of traction alopecia. Maybe you should see a professional.

Also, I've known people who have traction alopecia...and it usually becomes less and less noticeable as the rest of their hair grows (this applies to small patches).