PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Comb Coils

Peaches
01-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Any suggestions from the seasoned loc wearers on how to keep comb coils from frizzing? What do you use to hold them in place while you're working out? I need help on getting them done next time..

LotsOfLocs
01-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Fuzz is simply apart of locs. A bunch of products to tame fuzz=build up.

rockinlocs
01-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Peaches@Jan 5 2004, 12:27 PM
Any suggestions from the seasoned loc wearers on how to keep comb coils from frizzing? What do you use to hold them in place while you're working out? I need help on getting them done next time..
Yeah chile, Lotsoflocs is right...the fuzz is unavoidable. You can "goop" 'em up with products, but as she said, that will just cause build-up and still, it won't stop the fuzzies.

The hairs around the twists/coils/braids fuzz up because those fuzzy hairs are what's going to start intermingling which is the beginning of the locking process.

I know that when we're used to seeing every hair in place, it's hard to accept all that fuzz. But you just have to keep telling yourself, "It's part of the process...it's part of the process..."

Peaches
01-06-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks ladies.. I anticipated them swelling but not fuzzing. I guess I just have to get used to it. When I look at pics of everybody's coils they all look so neat and in place. I guess I figured they were supposed to stay like that.

Thanks again..

Peaches

aquababie19
01-06-2004, 12:19 AM
like the other ladies said, there's nothing to do about it. it's part of the process. the coils look neat because they are probably freshly done.

blacklightfreakout
01-06-2004, 04:19 AM
if you want to avoid the fuzzy, there is a expensive procedure called yarn locs. wrapping yarn around your locs. some look nice and i have seen some tacky ones. but it is an option if you want to avoid the fuzzies for a month or two. this is especially true, if your job won't tolerate fuzzy hair if they think it looks too unkempt.

ShekinahSoul
01-06-2004, 05:59 AM
I agree with Aquababie. Coils look neat freshly done. Well any style looks neat when freshly done LOL. But over time styles fuzz out and then they loc up. The yarn wrap is an idea.

Or you can do what I did and wear a headwrap until the hair locs.