PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say this...

naturalsistah2005
01-06-2004, 03:59 AM
I just finished reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X and it's by far one of the best books I've ever read. It's actually one of the few books that I will read in life that filled me with so much emotions. It gets you thinking. I will definitely recommend it to some of my friends, being that in high school there is a slim chance of learning about many great and bold black people from the past that have contributed to the way we [black people] live today. This book has influenced me to read more books by more black authors. One question though, has anyone read the book Miseducation of the Negro? If so could you give me some info on it, b/c I plan to read it soon.

Medusa Negrita
01-06-2004, 04:46 AM
If you like the Autobio of MX, then please check out The Seventh Child: A family Memoir by his newphew Rodnell P. Collins, his oldest sister's child. It's the 2nd best best I've read on MX, 2nd only to his autobio. There's lot of other background information and including some extra information on Autobio itself and the movie that Spike Lee. Great book on MX.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0758201176.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Mine had a different cover jacket but it's definitely most essentially the same book.

Saundus
01-06-2004, 06:45 AM
I heard that this book is awesome by so many people. Thanks to both of you for the heads up. :thumbsup

Reflection Journey
01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
The Miseducation of the Negro is also on my to read list. Thanks Medusa for the head up on Seventh Child. :thumbsup. Now i have another book to pass on to my sons!